Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is Sumi Das Indian?
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > Asian Culture > India Chat
BahDukeplayer
Check out her picture and biography at CNN's website.

Sumi Das
kkdkckrl
Yep, she is desi! She used to work for bbc b4. She looks pretty indian in that pic, I don't see how u would confuse her for some other race.
Tenjikuronin
Yes, Sumi Das is Indian. Her family is from the Indian state of Assam....
kollision
Someone brought up this girl on ABC, she is desi too but I dunno her name, I forgot.
ndnboi
QUOTE (kkdkckrl @ Oct 13 2005, 06:28 AM)
Yep, she is desi! She used to work for bbc b4.  She looks pretty indian in that pic, I don't see how u would confuse her for some other race.

yea but judging frm that picture she could pass for african american or blasian. biggthumpup.gif
Tenjikuronin
QUOTE (ndnboi @ Oct 14 2005, 10:53 AM)
yea but judging frm that picture she could pass for african american or blasian.  biggthumpup.gif

Now that you have said that, Beanpie is going to come in here and claim that Sumi Das originally came from Africa...... embarassedlaugh.gif2
kkdkckrl
yea but judging frm that picture she could pass for african american or blasian.

U know, she kinda looks like a latino too.
kollision
QUOTE (kkdkckrl @ Oct 14 2005, 08:23 PM)
yea but judging frm that picture she could pass for african american or blasian.

I know of a Pakistani that could pass as Latino also.
ndnboi
cant everyone pass for a latino?
Tenjikuronin
QUOTE (kkdkckrl @ Oct 14 2005, 05:23 PM)

"Latina"........ embarassedlaugh.gif
BahDukeplayer
QUOTE (ndnboi @ Oct 15 2005, 10:33 AM)

I've notice a lot of Indians and middle eastern people can pass for mexicans or hispanics.

Heck, look at Saddam Hussein!

If I were to see him walking the streets of Tijuana....I'd think he was a mexican male!! embarassedlaugh.gif2

Seriously,...Iranians, Iraqis...Arabs...have thick mustaches, brown skin...and has this look similar to hispanics.
kollision
QUOTE (BahDukeplayer @ Oct 16 2005, 11:03 PM)
QUOTE (ndnboi @ Oct 15 2005, 10:33 AM)

I've notice a lot of Indians and middle eastern people can pass for mexicans or hispanics.

Heck, look at Saddam Hussein!

If I were to see him walking the streets of Tijuana....I'd think he was a mexican male!! embarassedlaugh.gif2

Seriously,...Iranians, Iraqis...Arabs...have thick mustaches, brown skin...and has this look similar to hispanics.

Take the mustache off and they could pass for white.
~lin~
Im sorry but I have to disagree on this one...She is just alright^^ Now to me the pretties girls are

Ashwarya Rai

Rani Muskerji

Preity Zinta

Priyanka Chopra

credit:googles image
ndnboi
preity zinta annoys me with her manly voice.
kollision
lol @ "rani muskerji"
2 cute 4 u
QUOTE(kkdkckrl @ Oct 14 2005, 08:23 PM) [snapback]1128797[/snapback]

what a latino
raindropz
yea she is indian, she's pretty!
Jamie4mIndia
Hi i dont want to bash you, but this girl seems like an avegare girl, I see no beauty in her. Maybe you never seen much girls from India.
My apologies if you dont like my view.
xxmiyaxx
I DESPISE Priyanka Chopra sure.gif gah...she should just go die T_T but that news lady aint bad :P
khaviet
QUOTE(BahDukeplayer @ Oct 16 2005, 11:03 PM) [snapback]1136434[/snapback]

I dont think features are just about mustache and skin colour.

QUOTE(ndnboi @ Oct 26 2005, 01:29 AM) [snapback]1174753[/snapback]

preity zinta annoys me with her manly voice.

LOL i noticed this too, but i think she really can act.
xxmiyaxx
i think her voice is cute biggrin.gif I thini shes just cute, .... I dont find her vioce manly at all :\
ExpressYourself
Isn't there another Desi girl....Jaya Das or something like that.....
ndnboi
^haha on Avs?
raindropz
is joya das...i think yea lol she on avs
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.