Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: express your love
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > AF Entertainment > Local Area Asian Chat > United States > Massachusetts Chat
Miss Bib
I'm currently in Boston and I love it here. There's so much history and culture. It's very diverse, adding to the fact that it's a big college center. There are so many students from many corners of the world in which I would have never imagined. It's a beautiful city. Have any of you been to Boston or any of you live in/around Boston? If you have, have you been to the Prudential?

Also, Boston you could say, is a miniature NYC. We have a park in the center and one side of it is called The Commons. The other side is called The Public Garden. I love it there because when everything is so hectic in the city, that's my escape. I used to dorm right around the corner from the Public Garden which was a hot spot (down the street from the origianl Cheers restaurant - I don't know if any of you used to watch that show...) but it's a prime spot because it's three blocks from Newbury Street as well. Newbury Street is the shopper's strip. From couture to hip teen styles. Though all of the other girls I went to school with enjoyed it, I'm not a big shopper so it was good enough to walk down the street and watch people interact and such. When it snows, it's such a beautiful thing because the Garden is covered in inches of snow and I just love to play with the snow and be a kid again since my early years didn't last that long... and my (red) golaches help, too. icon_smile.gif so yes, if ever any of you want to visit New England, come to Boston!!! I'll personally show you around.

Tell us a little about where you live...
Ben
Boston here I come! lol Man you should considering being a tour guide lol You sure know how to sell Boston. lol It's only a 3-4 hour ride from NYC to Boston. I'm going to wear my NY Yankees jersey and get my @$$ kicked there.

Born and Raised in NYC. NY For Life icon_wink.gif
Viety Cent
Id like to visit Boston when I tour the US for vacation.

Do they really make good pizza there I mean here In Canada

ITs Boston Pizza beerchug.gif

Tell me about the city and hows life there

Id like to know
Emawk
I love the tropical fruit Punani. I havn't tasted it before, but I can imagine it being a little bitter. People say it's sometimes slimy, and eating it could get a little messy. I wonder what tree it grows on.
"Destiny's Child"
actually boston sucks! if you're not a baseball or football fan, then there's nothing much to love here. there's nothing special about the place. we have such a fast-paced lifestyle, boring tourist attractions, and such horrible weather. on top of all that, the cost of living sky rockets for no apparent reason. $400k for 100 year old houses!? what the hell? and please dont give that ancient-history thing for an excuse... no one wants to leave in a small,old, rat-infested house. so guys, stay out of boston!!! well,thats from my experince anyway...feel free to visit and see for yourself.
ham_let
QUOTE (Viety Cent @ Oct 27 2005, 11:37 PM)
Id like to visit Boston when I tour the US for vacation.

Do they really make good pizza there I mean here In Canada

ITs Boston Pizza  beerchug.gif

Tell me about the city and hows life there

Id like to know

^lol @ u liking boston pizza.

fu-king howie mandel. embarassedlaugh.gif

so, you like baaaaaaahston? you love teh clam cheaaaowdaaaaaaah?

oh man. once i heard an old asian guy from boston with a boston accent. scary $hit. embarassedlaugh.gif
deadlymango
Boston is pretty good, I just hate the winter weather. Summer is great here.
so?im_a_chink
QUOTE (deadlymango @ Dec 15 2005, 08:00 PM)
Boston is pretty good, I just hate the winter weather.  Summer is great here.

wtf r u talkin about! Boston weather is terrible!

anyways i like the Boston area cause it quiet, but every1 suks at driving. im lucky if i dont get run over in the future.
lionheart6543212000
hey, i am from boston too! i am in college now, boston is great!
Colordevil
Ah... I went to Boston before, it's a very nice place.
I am planning to apply for Boston University or something...
Anyways, I reside in Philadelphia.
aZnRiCeChiQ

Okay. I live in Sacramento. It has some of the most fertile land in the world(haha) and it's very diverse. embarassedlaugh.gif The city is going to build another arena downtown (We have Arco Arena, which is located in north Sacramento). As you know, Sacramento is the capital of California, so we have that state capital building.

The temperature is quite nice, year round. It doesn't get too hot in the summer (actually, sometimes it may go to 110 or over) and it doesn't get too cold in the winter (at least down to 40 degrees).

icon_confused.gif I don't know what else to say.
Chinese DesertFox
I like Amherst better.
rodewan
I'm prolly goin to Boston University next year! beerchug.gif
memetootoo
QUOTE(Chinese DesertFox @ Feb 11 2006, 02:40 PM) [snapback]1545486[/snapback]

I like Amherst better.

I go to school in Amherst but I'm from boston. Amherst is way to quite for me, I like the city better biggrin.gif
corky
QUOTE(Miss Bib @ Oct 28 2005, 10:27 AM) [snapback]1183012[/snapback]

I'm currently in Boston and I love it here. There's so much history and culture. It's very diverse, adding to the fact that it's a big college center. There are so many students from many corners of the world in which I would have never imagined. It's a beautiful city. Have any of you been to Boston or any of you live in/around Boston? If you have, have you been to the Prudential?

Also, Boston you could say, is a miniature NYC. We have a park in the center and one side of it is called The Commons. The other side is called The Public Garden. I love it there because when everything is so hectic in the city, that's my escape. I used to dorm right around the corner from the Public Garden which was a hot spot (down the street from the origianl Cheers restaurant - I don't know if any of you used to watch that show...) but it's a prime spot because it's three blocks from Newbury Street as well. Newbury Street is the shopper's strip. From couture to hip teen styles. Though all of the other girls I went to school with enjoyed it, I'm not a big shopper so it was good enough to walk down the street and watch people interact and such. When it snows, it's such a beautiful thing because the Garden is covered in inches of snow and I just love to play with the snow and be a kid again since my early years didn't last that long... and my (red) golaches help, too. icon_smile.gif so yes, if ever any of you want to visit New England, come to Boston!!! I'll personally show you around.

wow, i lived ther for 5 months before and i just dont feel that way about Boton...too "irish american" for me.
DF78
QUOTE(Miss Bib @ Oct 27 2005, 10:27 PM) [snapback]1183012[/snapback]

Boston you could say, is a miniature NYC.

icon_wink.gif That's how I always look at Boston. I do love Boston though. The only thing I hate about Boston is those damn road construction work all over the place that's never ending biggrin.gif
so?im_a_chink
QUOTE(corky @ Jan 28 2007, 06:28 PM) [snapback]2686908[/snapback]

wow, i lived ther for 5 months before and i just dont feel that way about Boton...too "irish american" for me.

dude, u would die in milton, Irish central.

*edit i said should before. not supposed to be a threat.
corky
QUOTE(so?im_a_chinese @ Feb 2 2007, 08:47 AM) [snapback]2697138[/snapback]

dude, u should die in milton, Irish central.

laugh.gif yeah i remember that! i lived near Fenway park and no i am not gay.........
DJTherkTrei
Grrr, so crowded in Boston, just like Tornoto or any big city, traffic everywhere. I guess I'm just used to a city with barely any traffic in it.
so?im_a_chink
QUOTE(DJTherkTrei @ May 18 2007, 08:18 PM) [snapback]2953105[/snapback]
Grrr, so crowded in Boston, just like Tornoto or any big city, traffic everywhere. I guess I'm just used to a city with barely any traffic in it.

r u kiddin me? Boston isnt that crowded except when RS are playing a home game.
LitoCg2Rider
boston is cool..that if u dont want to drive far to tornoto/ny to go to chinatown.....i like spending my time in boston..alot of asian people go there in the weekend ..soo crowded
homay13
i have just arrived in Boston for my study . i am vietnamese . is there anybody here can show me around ? ms Bib , could you ?
homay13
is there anyone in dorchester? eo
ttocs
I was in Boston last year and almost had a fight with a drunken Red Sox fan.

QUOTE(Miss Bib @ Oct 27 2005, 10:27 PM) [snapback]1183012[/snapback]

Lilaaa
Love Boston<3 though it tends to get a little boring sometimes. same old everyday lol, i wanna travel so bad...
Kaosq
Down with Boston... Celtics!
BrooklynCarter
I LOVE NEW ZEALAND!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOT WOOT KIWIS KIWIS WOOT WOOT ^^ XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
POLOS718
I THINK IF YOURE NOT WHITE, YOU DONT BELONG IN BOSTON.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.