Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Blonde Mongolian Girl
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > Asian Culture > Mongolian Chat
RunAround

This nine-year-old Mongolian girl, Meiramgul, is blond and may share genetic traits with the ancient Sarmations.

To uncover the genetic link between nine-year-old Meiramgul, the blond child of the mountains of western Mongolia, and the long-dead women warriors of the Eurasian steppes, researchers examined snippets of a particular type of genetic information called mitochondrial DNA.

This has been posted before, but since theres a new Mongolian chat, it seems more appropiate here.

Amazons in Eurasia:
The first direct evidence for warrior women of high status on the steppes of southern Russia comes from excavations of burials from the Sauromatian culture dating from the 6th to the 4th century B.C. Judging from their grave goods, Sauromatians were nomadic, experts in animal husbandry, and skilled in warfare.

Starting around the 4th century B.C., Sauromatian culture evolves into the Sarmatian culture, also a nomadic people that make their livelihood raising animals and versed in the art of war. The culture, which had been expanding its territory, soon shifts its focus. "They become raiders and traders, with forays to the west to interface with the Romans, and they relocate to cities and to areas along large trade routes," Davis-Kimball says. "Their wealth increases. We see that in their burial items. We see strong, powerful women, but their role changes. We find burials of women that still retain cultic artifacts, indicating that they were a priestess of some sort, but there is much more gold and more secular ornamentation -- more golden cups, more golden jewelry, elaborate things -- and less weaponry. This type of evolution is a normal manifestation of culture."

Jeannine Davis-Kimball believes that remnants of the integrated Sarmatian population can still be found in the descendants of that conquering horde of Mongols. The Mongols relocated from southern Russia to western China and western Mongolia 150 to 200 years ago, where they reside today.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/secrets/case_amazon/clues.html
blob
Too bad i missed out on this documentary cry2.gif
VisitingAlien
Holy Cow! It is not typical of the Mongols to have blond hair. Clearly, her ancestors must had been mixed. I thought according to the Greek descriptions, the Amazon Warriors had caucasoid features, not those of the Mongoloid stock.
Lint
Aww how cute
Tsoks
Her name Meiramgul sounds more like Khazakh to me. I know a Khazakh named Meiram. And "gul" is a "flower" in khazakh language.
Bor chono
I think she is very very Blonde.

Every Khalka women is called a Warrior.

Pic of my daughter :
We call this kind of hair Blonde

Her skin is white, but soon her skin will become more yellow.
mongoljin
Ooh, she is soo cute. I mean your daughter's photo! Congratulations!

About the Meiramgul, it's interestin. I also think she's a kazakh.
lovelytruth
Mongolian kids

Wish i wanna be ..
RainbowBrite
that girl stated to her mother: "hey mom when's this vacation done ? these people keep taking pictures of me. i wanna go back to china!!" so technically she's a blond chinese.
VisitingAlien
QUOTE (RainbowBrite @ Jan 21 2006, 10:20 AM)
that girl stated to her mother: "hey mom when's this vacation done ? these people keep taking pictures of me. i wanna go back to china!!" so technically she's a blond chinese.

WHAT? Hahahah. Hey don't insult people, you jerk!. Hahhahaha. Man I think that comment is freaking hilarious. Hahhah.
hakseng
mongolian is one hot race love2.gif
Anda
QUOTE (RainbowBrite @ Jan 21 2006, 08:20 AM)

YOU ARE PATHETIC
Viety_Cent
QUOTE (hakseng @ Jan 21 2006, 12:21 PM)
mongolian is one hot race  love2.gif

u like the kids eh naughty.gif
hakseng
QUOTE (Viety_Cent @ Jan 21 2006, 06:34 PM)
u like the kids eh  naughty.gif

sure.gif no I said the whole race not kids XD gosh !
Jt (mongolian)
[haha embarassedlaugh.gif2
Bor chono
QUOTE (RainbowBrite @ Jan 21 2006, 11:20 PM)

Blond chinese? embarassedlaugh.gif2 Yeah you are really really dumb biggthumpup.gif

I think the Girl`s name was Kazakh.

strangeland
wow
Bor chono
This crying one looks blond :

(Look at the Huge Dog!)
Show yourself :

Oh... it is HIM embarassedlaugh.gif2
MrBahaw
QUOTE (Bor chono @ Jan 21 2006, 12:23 AM)
I think she is very very Blonde.

Every Khalka women is called a Warrior.

Pic of my daughter :
We call this kind of hair Blonde

Her skin is white, but soon her skin will become more yellow.

just wondering if it's true but did your daughter have that mongoloid mark or spot??
Bor chono
QUOTE (MrBahaw @ Jan 24 2006, 06:37 PM)
just wondering if it's true but did your daughter have that mongoloid mark or spot??

I can`t say it is a spot. Children born almost red, but on their back they have blue area of skin.
My daughter had no such marks, she has no spots on her body! has very clean skin.
I have many spots!-on my face & body. I still have the blue spot! now it is brown skin size of eye on my back.
xac
My daughter has blue mark on back.

Mongolian spots are nothing more than dense collections of melanocytes, the skin cells which contain melanin, the normal pigment of the skin. When the melanocytes are close to the surface, they look deep brown. The deeper they are in the skin, the more bluish they look. Either way, they are not related to bruises or any other medical condition. They do not predispose to skin cancer or any other problem.
Bor chono
I think Koreans can help us! Show your asses!
MrBahaw
QUOTE (Bor chono @ Jan 24 2006, 09:09 PM)
I can`t say it is a spot. Children born almost red, but on their back they have blue area of skin.
My daughter had no such marks, she has no spots on her body! has very clean skin.
I have many spots!-on my face & body. I still have the blue spot! now it is brown skin size of eye on my back.

I read that there is an area in france where girls are born with that mongoloid spot. they say it because of the huns
RL33
QUOTE (RunAround @ Jan 20 2006, 02:40 PM)

This nine-year-old Mongolian girl, Meiramgul, is blond and may share genetic traits with the ancient Sarmations.

To uncover the genetic link between nine-year-old Meiramgul, the blond child of the mountains of western Mongolia, and the long-dead women warriors of the Eurasian steppes, researchers examined snippets of a particular type of genetic information called mitochondrial DNA.
This has been posted before, but since theres a new Mongolian chat, it seems more appropiate here.
Amazons in Eurasia:
The first direct evidence for warrior women of high status on the steppes of southern Russia comes from excavations of burials from the Sauromatian culture dating from the 6th to the 4th century B.C. Judging from their grave goods, Sauromatians were nomadic, experts in animal husbandry, and skilled in warfare.

Starting around the 4th century B.C., Sauromatian culture evolves into the Sarmatian culture, also a nomadic people that make their livelihood raising animals and versed in the art of war. The culture, which had been expanding its territory, soon shifts its focus. "They become raiders and traders, with forays to the west to interface with the Romans, and they relocate to cities and to areas along large trade routes," Davis-Kimball says. "Their wealth increases. We see that in their burial items. We see strong, powerful women, but their role changes. We find burials of women that still retain cultic artifacts, indicating that they were a priestess of some sort, but there is much more gold and more secular ornamentation -- more golden cups, more golden jewelry, elaborate things -- and less weaponry. This type of evolution is a normal manifestation of culture."

Jeannine Davis-Kimball believes that remnants of the integrated Sarmatian population can still be found in the descendants of that conquering horde of Mongols. The Mongols relocated from southern Russia to western China and western Mongolia 150 to 200 years ago, where they reside today.

Heycool I have this episode on my harddrive if you guys could tell me how i can share it ill gladly to so.
Khatun
I read an article by Davis-Kempbell. The girl and her mother are both ethnic Kazakhs, people of Turkic origin living in Mongolia and Chinese Inner Mongolia. It is not uncommon for Kazakhs to have blue eyes and light hair . Majority of Kazakhs are dark haired and dark eyed people, but there is good percentage of light eyed and light haired people. Kazakh DNA is mixture of European and Asian lineages. They have a lot in common with Mongols when it comes to their paternal lineages, but not maternal DNA-35%-45% of their maternal lineages are European or WEst Eurasian.
Happy Asian
They look weird.
halohalo
QUOTE (Happy Asian @ Feb 9 2006, 02:51 AM)
They look weird.

in a cute way biggrin.gif
gangi788
Khatun
QUOTE (gangi788 @ Feb 9 2006, 12:18 PM)
I say this show. I'm curious where do kasahks some from?

From Kazakhstan. It is a big country in Central Asia, but it stretches to Europe. There is an official border between Asia and Europe in Kazakhstan in the city Uralsk.
gangi788
Khatun
Right there, Kazakhs always lived in the territory between Mongolia and Russia. What to understand? do you expect me to say they originated in Europe and then moved? They originated in Kazakhstan, some tribes later came from Mongolia, some Siberia, some where Sarmatian-Indo Iranian tribes from Kazakhstan.
Bitterlemon
All Mongolian kids are born with that blue spots on them, however, most of them have almost blonde hair when they are small. I for example, had blonde hair until I was 5-6, and everyone called me "Sharkov" meaning "Yellow head". Our blonde hair darkens as we grow up and we end up with very dark brown hair when we are adults. It's so strange, I have never heard that Japanese, Koreans and other Asian nations having blonde hair unless they are mixed with Caucasians. Talktohand.gif
halohalo
QUOTE (Bitterlemon @ Feb 18 2006, 01:10 AM)
All Mongolian kids are born with that blue spots on them, however, most of them have almost blonde hair when they are small. I for example, had blonde hair until I was 5-6, and everyone called me "Sharkov" meaning "Yellow head". Our blonde hair darkens as we grow up and we end up with very dark brown hair when we are adults. It's so strange, I have never heard that Japanese, Koreans and other Asian nations having blonde hair unless they are mixed with Caucasians. Talktohand.gif

my auntie also had blondish hair when she was very young, and like you, they used to call her 'yellow hair'. As she grew older it became dark brown, her daughter also has light brown almost blonde hair. So other asians could have that too, and it wasnt from the sun either.
Khatun
I don't believe that the MOST Mongolian children are born with blond hair. I assume that some might, but not MOST. I'm an Asian, so no need to make things up here. Even most of Kazakh kids are born with dark hair and much smaller number with light. I also never seen real blond hair turning brown. It could darken few shades but not to the extent to turn brown. Other Asian nations who have blond hair are Kazakhs, Uzbeks, Uighurs, definetely Tatars, Bashkirs, Yakuts. There are much more light eyed and light hair individuals among those nations than among Mongols.
Bitterlemon
Maybe I'd better use "a lot of Mongolian children" but not "most". But about 30% of the children have somehow dark blonde hair, later it turns into dark Talktohand.gif . Strange eek.gif
RL33
QUOTE (halohalo @ Feb 17 2006, 10:22 PM)
my auntie also had blondish hair when she was very young, and like you, they used to call her 'yellow hair'. As she grew older it became dark brown, her daughter also has light brown almost blonde hair. So other asians could have that too, and it wasnt from the sun either.

Anak ng Araw???

Some of the women from my moms side are like that, my sisters had light brown hair since she was a kid.
halohalo
QUOTE (Khatun @ Feb 18 2006, 01:48 AM)
I don't believe that the MOST Mongolian children are born with blond hair. I assume that some might, but not MOST. I'm an Asian, so no need to make things up here. Even most of Kazakh kids are born with dark hair and much smaller number with light. I also never seen real blond hair turning brown. It could darken few shades but not to the extent to turn brown. Other Asian nations who have blond hair are Kazakhs, Uzbeks, Uighurs, definetely Tatars, Bashkirs, Yakuts. There are much more light eyed and light hair individuals among those nations than among Mongols.

some of my caucasian friends had blonde hair when they were young, as in really really blonde, but then their hair colour changed to light-dark brown hair. It's quite common for hair colour to change, some become lighter, some become darker.
Asena
QUOTE(RunAround @ Jan 20 2006, 05:40 PM) [snapback]1473143[/snapback]

Amazons in Eurasia:

The place Meyremgul is living is a -- genetically isolated- Turk village on the mountains, in Kazakistan-Mongolia border..... Girl is a pure Kazak Turk... and her DNA results were %99.9 same with the DNA sample taken from Amazon Kurgans(in Turk culture dead warriors were put in big craves with their personal stuff, weapons, jewellery.. etc) from todays Ukrain...
this prooves us Amazons and Sycthians were Turk civilizations..... coz Amazons are considered as Sycthians ancestors... if you read famous historian Heredotus, he says Sycthians were nomadic, riding horses very good, they were very strong and skillfull warriors , they love to drink horse milk!! horse milk suprizes him... what is horse milk? **KIMIZ** Turks traditional drink...

zuvhunchamruu
Turkish delight -haha
seldeg
What Bitterlemon is saying is true, although I feel the color is not exactly the kind of blonde you might imagine. It would be interesting to see Caucasoid and Mongolian "blondes" next to each other. But definitely the girl on the picture is not a terrible exception. I mean if I encounter this girl in Mongolia I would not even notice her hair is blonde.
Akskl
Paul Nazaroff "Hunted Through Central Asia" Oxford University Press 1993
First published 1932

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/019280368...ce&n=283155

pp.286-288
Over an immense area in Asia where the wandering Kazakhs have scattered, their manner of life and their peculiar culture, developed through millenia of existence in the free open steppe, is the same, identical in space and identical, too, in time. These nomads were free to move about the plains at their own sweet will, as though upon an open sea, and there was nothing to prevent the Kazakhs of the Tian Shan from wandering away to steppes of Siberia, of the Ural or the Volga, except, of course, nowadays the Bolshevik Government.

This freedom and the mobility of the nomads of the steppe has evolved their own peculiar culture, character and manner of life, and has played a very important part in the history of Asia, which has not yet been properly appre­ciated by historians nor sufficiently studied. It has reacted profoundly on the fate of Russia, and even Western Europe has by no means escaped its influence. The burning sands of Egypt, the valleys of Mesopotamia and of Palestine (the myriad horsemen of Gog and Magog), and of India and the valleys of Russia and of Central Europe and even Chalons, the Catalaunian plains of France, Hellas, too, and Rome, all have seen the forbears of our Kazakh of to-day, though under various names - as Scythians or Massagetae, Huns, Polovtsi, Kipchaks, Kumans, Pechenegs, Alans, Tartars and so on. On every side their invasions have left their mark, not only destructive, for sometimes they have altered the course of historical development and affected the blood, language, character, manners and customs of the people with whom they have come into contact. Just as the Nor­mans in their day made use of their mobility upon the seas to spread their influence and culture throughout the West, so these nomads of the steppes of Asia have done the same in the East. The broad belt of grassy plains across the old continent, which has given rise to the peculiar type of nomad Turki and his inseparable comrade, the horse of the steppe, has had enormous influence on the destinies of the settled nations and of civilisation itself.
All distant invasions and the ` migration of peoples' have been possible owing to one single factor, hitherto ignored by historians, and that is the horse of the steppes. This animal is endowed with most valuable qualities of supporting fatigue and of endless endurance and the power of keeping up prolonged hard work on green food only, on mere grazing, of which other races of horse are quite incapable, being dependent on corn. These outstanding qualities of the steppe horse were fully appreciated and widely used by the great military leaders of Asia, conquerors, Jenghiz Khan, Tamerlane and the others [1], which explains the secret of their success.
The limits of attainment and conquest of the countless hordes of Asia depended not upon the powers of resistance of the subject peoples nor upon their armies, but were defined by the moist meadow grazing, by the cold damp of the north and by the tropical heat of the valleys of India, which were fatal to the horse of the Kazakhs.
1 See Ivanoff, ' On the Art of War of the Mongol-Tartars' (in Russian), a little known but extremely interesting work. Also two papers by me, " The Scythians Past and Present" ('Edinburgh Review,' July 1929, pp. 108-122), and " The Sons of Gog " (' English Review,' March 1930).
TooLate2Apologize
Alot of Kazakhs in Western Mongolia and Western China are blonde. This shouldnt be too much of a surprise. Kazakhs claim descendants of Wusun, Scythian, and Sarmatian (Iranic tribes). All those tribes once inhabited the very areas that the Kazakhs Mongolians and Kyrgyz are now living today.
Mamluk
QUOTE (RunAround @ Jan 20 2006, 06:40 PM) *

Amazons in Eurasia:

she is kazakh girl, not mongol, kazakh live in mongolia

watch here:

http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XNzYzOTA1MjQ=.html
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.