Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Japanese Rock/HipHop or Korean Rock/HipHop?
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > Asian Culture > Japanese Chat
HipHop-Girlz
I just wanna know what you guys prefer listening to: Korean Rock or HipHop, and or Japanese Rock or Hip Hop?

For me I prefer listening to Korean HipHop and Japanese Rock. I dunno, but I heard more Korean HipHop than Japanese, and more Japanese Rock than Korean.
For example, the only rock band I know/heard from Korea is 'The TRAX' (they're actually pretty good) but that's about it. icon_wink.gif
FrenchVanillaNYC
Korean Rock or Hip Hop usually seems to sound better...
Saint Legends
Japanese Rock. I don't listen to Hip-Hop.
Jt (mongolian)
Mongolian hip hop biggthumpup.gif biggthumpup.gif for me
supapimp
korea has the best hip hop in asia right now!
yonsama
Japan has the most developed hip hop scene in Asia no doubt.
I also think Japan has the most developed rock
But when it comes to alternative rock, Koreans own hands down.

I'd say Korea is a more hip hop/r&b/soul oriented nation while Japan is more geared towards bubblegum pop/rock.

Japanese hip hop is very good...high quality productions etc but when it comes to actually rapping, it sounds better in Korean because of more sounds and stuff.

For me I like both j-rock (excluding the visual stuff...) and k-rock equally while I prefer Korean hip hop to Japanese hip hop.

When you think of Korean hip hop... don't think of YG artists like 1tym and jinusean because they're viewed as embarrassments to k-hiphop. Dig more into the underground scene. The best hip hop artists in mainstream come from THE MOVEMENT which is Drunken Tiger's crew which consists of Dynamic Duo (formerly cb mass), Leessang, Drunken Tiger, Epik High, T, Buga Kingz, Yang Dong Geun, etc.
Zezei
I think Korea has the most developed hip hop scene in Asia

more hip hop/r&b/soul oriented nation, true that. but also a lot of bubblegum pop too.

but I haven't got really into japanese hiphop yet. I know m-flo, zeebra and some others.

I've always thought korean was made for hiphop, flowy and powerful. and japanese sounds cool too, but sounds less flowy to me.

however

Japan is godly with rock.

and Japan has a really big and diverse musicscene, it has almost every popular style and not so popular. which is nice. I haven't heard anything like TMRevolution outside of Japan, for example.

Jrockscene has quite some fans from all over the world.

haha, I like 1TYM, they just make enjoyable music with a good beat, vocals. I don't care if they are genuine hiphop or not.

so, err. why are YGEntertainment-artists/groups viewed as an embarassments to K-hiphop? just curious.
HipHop-Girlz
QUOTE (Zezei @ Feb 3 2006, 02:39 AM)
so, err. why are YGEntertainment-artists/groups viewed as an embarassments to K-hiphop? just curious.

Yea, I was wonderin' about that too 'cause I like 1TYM especially the singer/Rapper Taebin (Love his style).

The Korean singer, Se7en, also makes good hiphop/r&b songs as well (And can DANCE really good!) and he's in the YG Enternaiment.
HipHop-Girlz
QUOTE (yonsama @ Feb 3 2006, 01:27 AM)
Japan has the most developed hip hop scene in Asia no doubt.
I also think Japan has the most developed rock
But when it comes to alternative rock, Koreans own hands down.

I'd say Korea is a more hip hop/r&b/soul oriented nation while Japan is more geared towards bubblegum pop/rock.

I agree, but can anyone explain why it's that way; Why Korea focuses more on HipHop/R&B and Japan focuses more on Rock/Pop? Is it because each country is more exposed to certain types of music or what?
Zezei
QUOTE (HipHop-Girlz @ Feb 3 2006, 09:14 AM)
Yea, I was wonderin' about that too 'cause I like 1TYM especially the singer/Rapper Taebin (Love his style).

The Korean singer, Se7en, also makes good hiphop/r&b songs as well (And can DANCE really good!) and he's in the YG Enternaiment.

I guess it's because YG-family doesn't deal with problems in society, their music is more like about love, breaking-up, having fun, having hard times.
it's more easy on the ears, you don't really have to think about the lyrics, though they're often nicely done. it's just very recognizable and enjoyable with the 'catchy' melodies, beat and nice vocals.

hiphop is hiphop, you've got YG-family which is real hiphop, but it's very enjoyable and mainstream, easy-listenable, you could call it hippop. but I like them far more than regular popsongs. It has more spunk.

but Epic High, Drunken Tiger are more raw and harder in their style.

Girl, you like Taebin too? I love his vocals, like on 'Without You' and practically every song he does, whether it's with 1TYM or solo.
Zezei
QUOTE (HipHop-Girlz @ Feb 3 2006, 09:49 AM)
I agree, but can anyone explain why it's that way; Why Korea focuses more on HipHop/R&B and Japan focuses more on Rock/Pop? Is it because each country is more exposed to certain types of music or what?

nah, they were both exposed to american popculture, modern music-styles in a same manner. i
t's just that korean and japanese people put emphasize on what they themselves liked, which was not the exact same thing. so now they've got their very own musicscenes that is quite different from eachother.

Japan doesn't really focus on rock/pop, you can find almost every musicstyle on the Oricon Chart, but I have to admit their rockscene is awesome.
their bubblegum pop is uck, like Morning Musume, but they've got a lot of really talented singers/artists and groups out there. And they've all got their own styles.
For the singers, they have really good producers.

Korea is kind of americanized, but they made hiphop their own, so K-hiphop was born and it's the best, just like japanese rock is really japanese and is called J-rock and it's the best.
Zezei
Oricon Weekly Top 30 [2006.01.30].torrent

01. Venus.mp3 5.75 MB don't know
02. Konayuki.mp3 7.45 MB love2.gif beautiful, 1 liter of tears ST
03. Candy feat. Mr.Blistah.mp3 6.82 MB don't know
04. Everlasting.mp3 10.05 MB BoA, and it's ok
05. Sheishun Amigo - Shuji & Akira.mp3 6.33 MB icon_smile.gif pop Yamapi! catchy
06. Super Generation.mp3 6.77 MB don't know
07. You.mp3 6.28 MB don't know
08. Tada Aitaku te.mp3 7.68 MB don't know
09. Ichirin no Hana.mp3 8.47 MB don't know
10. Senor Senora Senorita.mp3 7.20 MB icon_smile.gif authentic Miyavi rock
11. Supernova.mp3 8.52 MB don't know
12. Salvia no Tsubomi.mp3 7.63 MB don't know
13. Kokoro no Senshi.mp3 7.13 MB don't know
14. Chikai.mp3 6.50 MB don't know
15. Tokyo.mp3 5.77 MB don't know
16. Melodic Storm.mp3 5.17 MB don't know
17. Space Sonic.mp3 4.79 MB don't know
18. Where To Begin.mp3 6.23 MB don't know
19. Fly.MP3 10.05 MB don't know
20. Sakura.mp3 don't know
21. Snow! Snow! Snow!.mp3 6.21 MB don't know (but with that title it's got to be something retardedly happy)
22. You.mp3 11.15 MB don't know
23. Boku no Kimochi.mp3 7.98 MB don't know
24. Endless Story.mp3 6.98 MB don't know
25. Triangle.MP3 11.54 MB SMAP ugh, I only like their hana-song, can't sing 4 $hit
26. Feel.mp3 7.99 MB don't know
27. Only Human.mp3 13.20 MB icon_smile.gif 1 liter of tears ST, he's actually korean.
29. Planetarium.mp3 icon_smile.gif cool ballad, made me think Otsuka Ai didn't sound like a squirl after all. it's lovely. and it's a theme from 'Hana Yori Dango'.

OMG I don't know the majority of the songs! Shame on me, I'm not worthy to be a japanophile bawling.gif
yonsama
The reason why I say that Japanese hip hop is more developed than Korean hip hop is because Hip hop culture in general has been around in Japan since the 80's whereas hip hop was introduced to Korea around the early 90's... but it didn't hit big until Seo Taiji made it widely known with their single Come Back Home.

The reason why I consider YG embarrassments is because they imitate American style too much. They're in it just for show... they're wannabes... posers... etc. YG is more hip 'pop' than hip hop and the only artists I can atleast respect in YG is Se7en and Stonyskunk.

Did you see 1tym's new music video? They tried to give off that hardcore gangster image... truly embarrassing. If you think about the members from 1tym... Taebin and Teddy come from Diamond bar... the most least likely place to see straight up 'gangstas'. They use K-pop to live their fantasy the way I see it.
Wu Fei
I prefer Japanese Rock/HipHop over Korean, even though I don't like any of them that much. Some J-Rock bands and singers are okay, Gackuto's pretty good in his music.
Zezei
QUOTE (yonsama @ Feb 3 2006, 05:12 PM)
The reason why I say that Japanese hip hop is more developed than Korean hip hop is because Hip hop culture in general has been around in Japan since the 80's whereas hip hop was introduced to Korea around the early 90's... but it didn't hit big until Seo Taiji made it widely known with their single Come Back Home.

The reason why I consider YG embarrassments is because they imitate American style too much. They're in it just for show... they're wannabes... posers... etc. YG is more hip 'pop' than hip hop and the only artists I can atleast respect in YG is Se7en and Stonyskunk.

Did you see 1tym's new music video? They tried to give off that hardcore gangster image... truly embarrassing. If you think about the members from 1tym... Taebin and Teddy come from Diamond bar... the most least likely place to see straight up 'gangstas'. They use K-pop to live their fantasy the way I see it.

yeah, I saw that MV, it was fun to look at their radical change, gangsta, but then they performed on those musicshows and they were just guys who had fun with performing, not some angry-looking, cursing thugs.

and I've also seen their other MV of their latest album 'How Many Times', and that's so romantic and nicely done.

I don't get the story, but nice athmosphere. and I think Teddy and the others know how to make enjoyable music, very easy on the ears.

and the mv 'do you know me', with that hardcore gangsta-style is cool to look at. very violent, black/white, I like the settings. But moreover, the song is really nice.

QUOTE (Wu Fei @ Feb 3 2006, 05:20 PM)
I prefer Japanese Rock/HipHop over Korean, even though I don't like any of them that much. Some J-Rock bands and singers are okay, Gackuto's pretty good in his music.

It's Gackt or Gakuto, not Gackuto. and he's pretty awesome in his music.

got it from projectj
========
Gackt

I picked up my first Gackt CD, Moon, out of curiosity spawned from the amazing box art. I was basically expecting an album where everything revolved around the, albeit incredible, vocals of this ex-Malice Mizer member and didn't think Gackt's composing skills could come remotely close to that of his former band's leader, Mana. I even went as far as to think he might turn out to be an imperfect clone of his former band.

I was wrong, very wrong. Not only did he produce a sound completely different than that of his previous group, but it turns out Gackt has his priorities straight and is a fantastic composer and musician himself. Do not worry about the visuals, though; he is still the perfect entertainer on stage, in videos and during photo shoots. It is hard not to be... with a mug like that.

Having alleged to still be good friends with every member of his past band, his exceptional and multiple talents may help explain his unexpected departure from Malice Mizer. His musical genius was most likely put to waste in Mana's shadow and he wanted to soar using his own wings.
=========

http://www.youtube.com/w/gackt---black-sto...20black%20stone

omg~!!! Gackt is SO sexy~!!! LOVE HIM TO DEATH~! >3<
kingrock23iwgp // Videos (2) | Favorites (78) | Friends (2) - (2 months ago)
(Reply to this) (Create new thread)
GACKUKO-CHAN IS SEXXXXXXXXXXXIIIIIIII!!!! X33333!!!!!! *glomps him* hahaha my gackty x333
DarkxRikku // Videos (15) | Favorites (243) | Friends (22) - (3 weeks ago)
Gackt is sex on a stick.
Mitsuru // Videos (0) | Favorites (41) | Friends (0) - (5 days ago)

embarassedlaugh.gif

http://www.youtube.com/w/Gackt---Cube-%28l...ch=gackt%20cube

AWSOME ^_^
shinkotsu // Videos (72) | Favorites (179) | Friends (49) - (4 months ago)
always <3 this song
darkcliffz // Videos (120) | Favorites (288) | Friends (9) - (3 months ago)
Junior! biggrin.gif btw, don't forget.. that beautiful music, Chacha creates it! :P
[Chachamaru]
Papugi // Videos (3) | Favorites (4) | Friends (2) - (2 months ago)
eh, Gackt does.. With Gackt job ^^; You're really, really Chachamaru obsessed aren't you? ^_~
Eschan // Videos (2) | Favorites (0) | Friends (0) - (3 days ago)
(Reply to this) (Reply to parent) (Create new thread)
Yeez.. do you find anything wrong with that? I MEAN COME ON! HE'S SO FREGGIN OMFG HAWT *_* *drooool some more* hihihhihihi xD Mah little angel: CHACHA [<3]*kissing the screen*
[Chachamaru]
Papugi // Videos (3) | Favorites (4) | Friends (2) - (3 days ago)
okay now I'm scared XD
Eschan // Videos (2) | Favorites (0) | Friends (0) - (2 days ago)
one of my favorite!!!
zefroafro // Videos (0) | Favorites (176) | Friends (0) - (1 month ago)
how come Gackt's eyes look so scary during concerts sometimes...but he's definetly still very hott =)

feydragon // Videos (0) | Favorites (0) | Friends (0) - (4 weeks ago)
I wish Gackt made more music like this. it is great
nuit // Videos (0) | Favorites (2) | Friends (0) - (3 weeks ago)
YOU DIDNT UPLOAD THE WHOLE THING!!! BAH!!!
nuit // Videos (0) | Favorites (2) | Friends (0) - (3 weeks ago)
Wow, what concert was this?! I've never heard this song before...thanks so much for putting it up!! ^^
Mitsuru // Videos (0) | Favorites (41) | Friends (0) - (2 weeks ago)
Wu Fei
Quite a research, you must really know your music. eek.gif embarassedlaugh.gif
Adee
IMO Gackt is by far not the best example of good J-rock.
yonsama
Gackt hasn't been doing much of Rock lately but his newest single redemption isn't that bad.
bigboy
ive been into a lot of western hiphop/r&b in america. personally i dont like drunken tiger at all. its just really disturbing the way they rap. but i do like the movement. i love tasha, shes like the best female rapper in asia. and i like sean2slow and some others. i really like roscoe too, but hes a philipino in a korean group. that guy is crazy. i really like perry from YG tho. that guy's flow is incredible. i dont care about his lyrics, but whatever, that guy has flow man. i guess its cuz i have the american hiphop taste in me, thats y i tend to not like drunken tiger, they sound hella wierd man. i just dont get how the hell theyre so popular they sound like $hit, and when they rap in english, jesus christ it sounds retarded. i could rap a thousand times better than those guys lol. man tiger jk with his high pitched voice. it hurts my ears. and dj shine sounds like he just woke up or seomthing. man they got hella lucky with those skills. i dont care how good their lyrics are. its the way they rap it that really bothers me.

anways when it comes to japanese hiphop, they sound more....poppish and sometimes kind of happyish. doesnt sound like 'hiphop' too much. but it really flows and its soothing. a lot of their beats sound prety jazzy soemtimes. but i guess thats the japanese style. which is pretty interesting

im more leaning to korean hiphop tho. i prefer the movement excluding drunken tiger. because they sound...like i sed wierd. and YG sometimes is ok. they did get hella pop tho. i think the best album of all time that came from YG was Jinusean's 3rd album. damn i got that like 5 years ago and i still listen to it. american artists such as mobb deep, cypress hill, chinoxl, and japanese rapper m-flo's verbal are featured in there (i heard verbal is korean). thats one of the best korean rap albums ive ever heard. but i pretty much only like perry from YG.

Big Mama is a really good singing group, theyre r&b/soul. first album is pretty good. i kno gummy is good too from what i heard. also wheesung can sing r&b good too.
HipHop-Girlz
QUOTE (Zezei @ Feb 3 2006, 10:09 AM)
hiphop is hiphop, you've got YG-family which is real hiphop, but it's very enjoyable and mainstream, easy-listenable, you could call it hippop. but I like them far more than regular popsongs. It has more spunk.

but Epic High, Drunken Tiger are more raw and harder in their style.
Girl, you like Taebin too? I love his vocals, like on 'Without You' and practically every  song he does, whether it's with 1TYM or solo.

Agreed. YG Family makes some really enjoyable music even if it's more 'Hip-Pop' than 'Hip-Hop'. icon_wink.gif

To me, it doesn't really matter if some songs don't fit a particular genre, if it has a CATCHY beat, then it's all good! Lol! biggrin.gif
HipHop-Girlz
QUOTE (Zezei @ Feb 3 2006, 10:38 AM)
nah, they were both exposed to american popculture, modern music-styles in a same manner. i
t's just that korean and japanese people put emphasize on what they themselves liked, which was not the exact same thing. so now they've got their very own musicscenes that is quite different from eachother.
Japan doesn't really focus on rock/pop, you can find almost every musicstyle on the Oricon Chart, but I have to admit their rockscene is awesome.
their bubblegum pop is uck, like Morning Musume, but they've got a lot of really talented singers/artists and groups out there. And they've all got their own styles.
For the singers, they have really good producers.

Korea is kind of americanized, but they made hiphop their own, so K-hiphop was born and it's the best, just like japanese rock is really japanese and is called J-rock and it's the best.

Oh, okay. Thanks for the info. icon_smile.gif
HipHop-Girlz
QUOTE (yonsama @ Feb 3 2006, 05:12 PM)

Lol! I haven't seen their new video yet, but the way you describe it, it does kinda sound embarassing! I like Taebin but I've see him more of a 'Ladies Man' type. I'm gonna try searching for the new video and watch it to see what you guys are talking about. embarassedlaugh.gif2
Musashino
J-Pop has always centred around Rock music. Just look at legends such as B'z, X-Japan, Gackt, etc.; not an ounce of dance, house, hip-hop, r&b or even pop in their music.

Thing is, I find J-Pop more satisfying because it has its own culture and character. Say what you want about Americanism in modern Japan - fact is, J-Pop is one of the few aspects of today's Japan that remains largely untouched from the American steamroller.
Zezei
QUOTE (HipHop-Girlz @ Feb 4 2006, 09:09 AM)
Agreed. YG Family makes some really enjoyable music even if it's more 'Hip-Pop' than 'Hip-Hop'.  icon_wink.gif

To me, it doesn't really matter if some songs don't fit a particular genre, if it has a CATCHY beat, then it's all good! Lol!  biggrin.gif

yeah, screw those stupid people who want to put eveything in a genre and judge by that.

QUOTE (HipHop-Girlz @ Feb 4 2006, 09:20 AM)
Lol! I haven't seen their new video yet, but the way you describe it, it does kinda sound embarassing! I like Taebin but I've see him more of a 'Ladies Man' type. I'm gonna try searching for the new video and watch it to see what you guys are talking about.  embarassedlaugh.gif2

spare the efforts, just go to youtube.com and search for 'Taebin' or '1TYM', you'll get see many of his or their MV's and performances.

I actually like the MV, I'm not buying it, but I know it's just a thing to entertain people, it's an act. but they're entertainers after all. so, all is good.
I like the song by the way.

QUOTE (Musashino @ Feb 4 2006, 09:51 PM)
J-Pop has always centred around Rock music. Just look at legends such as B'z, X-Japan, Gackt, etc.; not an ounce of dance, house, hip-hop, r&b or even pop in their music.

Thing is, I find J-Pop more satisfying because it has its own culture and character. Say what you want about Americanism in modern Japan - fact is, J-Pop is one of the few aspects of today's Japan that remains largely untouched from the American steamroller.

NOT really.

they have a large, professional musicscene with loads of different styles, singers, groups and artists, and it isn't centered around rockmusic at all

===========

2005 - Oricon Top 100 singles

thanks to the "sameguy" who posted this on the newsgroups the other day

files are not romanized ..sorry

some are 320 kbps ..the majority are 192 kbps

001.修二と彰/青春アミーゴ
002.ケツメイシ/さくら
003-1.Mr.Children/四次元 Four Dimensions - 未来
003-2.Mr.Children/四次元 Four Dimensions - and I love you
003-3.Mr.Children/四次元 Four Dimensions - ランニングハイ
003-4.Mr.Children/四次元 Four Dimensions - ヨーイドン
004.ORANGE RANGE/*~アスタリスク~
005.GLAY×EXILE/SCREAM
006.KinKi Kids/Anniversary
007.B'z/OCEAN
008.ORANGE RANGE/ラヴ・パレード
009.トラジ・ハイジ/ファンタスティポ
010.NANA starring MIKA NAKASHIMA/GLAMOROUS SKY
011.ORANGE RANGE/お願い!セニョリータ
012.ORANGE RANGE/キズナ
013.D-51/NO MORE CRY
014.SMAP/BANG!BANG!バカンス!
015.コブクロ/ここにしか咲かない花
016-1.サザンオールスターズ/愛と欲望の日々
016-2.サザンオールスターズ/LONELY WOMAN
017.SMAP/友だちへ~Say What You Will~
018.BENNIE K/Dreamland
019-1.浜崎あゆみ/STEP you
019-2.浜崎あゆみ/is this LOVE?
020.REIRA starring YUNA ITO/ENDLESS STORY
021.ORANGE RANGE/花
022.ジャンヌダルク/月光花
023.浜崎あゆみ/HEAVEN
024.KinKi Kids/ビロードの闇
025-1.浜崎あゆみ/fairyland
025-2.浜崎あゆみ/alterna
026-1.大塚愛/SMILY
026-2.大塚愛/ビー玉
027.B'z/愛のバクダン
028.アンダーグラフ/ツバサ
029-1.トンガリキッズ/トンガリキッズⅠ - B-DASH(Ver.HANAGOE)
029-2.トンガリキッズ/トンガリキッズⅠ - MEGANE(Ver.HANAGOE)
030.Crystal Kay/恋におちたら
031.松平健/マツケンサンバⅡ
032.NEWS/チェリッシュ
033-1.サザンオールスターズ/BOHBO No.5
033-2.サザンオールスターズ/神の島遥か国
034.NEWS/TEPPEN
035.BUMP OF CHICKEN/プラネタリウム
036-1.関ジャニ∞/好きやねん、大阪。
036-2.関ジャニ∞/桜援歌(Oh!ENKA)
036-3.関ジャニ∞/無限大
037.L'Arc~en~Ciel×P'UNK~EN~CIEL/Link
038-1.ポルノグラフィティ/ネオメロドラマティック
038-2.ポルノグラフィティ/ROLL
039.氷川きよし/初恋列車
040.HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR/PRIDE
041.大塚愛/プラネタリウム
042.平原綾香/Jupiter
043.AI/Story
044.aiko/キラキラ
045.平井堅/POP STAR
046-1.福山雅治/泣いたりしないで
046-2.福山雅治/RED×BLUE
047.EXILE/EXIT
048.Gorie with Jasmine & Joann/Pecori▼Night
049.L'Arc~en~Ciel/Killing Me
050.DREAMS COME TRUE/何度でも
051.L'Arc~en~Ciel/New World
052.EXILE/HERO
053.嵐/WISH
054.T.M.Revolution/vestige-ヴェスティージ-
055.嵐/サクラ咲ケ
056.WaT/僕のキモチ
057.福山雅治/東京
058.BoA/DO THE MOTION
059.K/over...
060.V6/UTAO-UTAO
061.コブクロ/桜
062.Gackt/Metamorphoze~メタモルフォーゼ~
063-1.Every Little Thing/恋文
063-2.Every Little Thing/good night
064.See-Saw/君は僕に似ている
065.サスケ/青いベンチ
066.Mi/未来の地図
067.GLAY/ホワイトロード
068.大塚愛/黒毛和牛上塩タン焼680円
069.L'Arc~en~Ciel/叙情詩
070.宇多田ヒカル/Be My Last
071.CHEMISTRY/Wings of Words
072.リュ・シウォン/桜
073.SINGER SONGER/初花凛々
074.BoA/メリクリ
075.高橋瞳/僕たちの行方
076.サンボマスター/世界はそれを愛と呼ぶんだぜ
077.スキマスイッチ/全力少年
078-1.melody./realize
078-2.melody./Take a Chance
079-1.タッキー&翼/仮面
079-2.タッキー&翼/未来航海
080.一青窈/ハナミズキ
081.BUMP OF CHICKEN/車輪の唄
082.有坂美香/Life Goes On
083.氷川きよし/面影の都
084-1.波田陽区/ギター侍のうた 有名人斬りバージョン
084-2.波田陽区/ギター侍のうた 女の子斬りバージョン
084-3.波田陽区/ギター侍のうた 家族斬りバージョン
085.倖田來未/Butterfly
086.大塚愛/さくらんぼ
087.木村カエラ/リルラ リルハ
088.水森かおり/五能線
089.ポルノグラフィティ/NaNaNa サマーガール
090.川中美幸/うすゆき草
091.m-flo loves YOSHIKA/let go
092.大塚愛/ネコに風船
093.関ジャニ∞/大阪レイニーブルース
094.平原綾香/明日
095.YUI/feel my soul
096.倖田來未/flower
097.中島美嘉/桜色舞うころ
098-1.ゆず/超特急
098-2.ゆず/陽はまた昇る
099.UVERworld/D-tecnoLife
100.安室奈美恵/WANT ME,WANT ME

romanized list
----------------
1 Shuji to Akira - Seishun Amigo
2 Ketsumeishi - Sakura
3 Mr. Children - Four Dimensions
4 ORANGE RANGE - Asterisk
5 GLAY x EXILE - SCREAM
6 KinKi Kids - Anniversary
7 B'z - Ocean
8 ORANGE RANGE - Love Parade
9 Toraji Haiji - FANTASTIPO
10 Mika Nakashima - GLAMOROUS SKY
11 ORANGE RANGE - Onegai! Senorita
12 ORANGE RANGE - Kizuna
13 D-51 - NO MORE CRY
14 SMAP - BANG!BANG! VACANCE
15 Kobukuro - Kokonishika Sakanai Hana
16 Southern All Stars - Ai to Yokubo no Hibi/Lonely Woman
17 SMAP - Tomodachi ~Say What You Will~
18 BENNIE K - Dreamland
19 Ayumi Hamasaki - STEP you/is this LOVE?
20 Yuna Ito - ENDLESS STORY
21 ORANGE RANGE - Hana
22 Janne Da Arc - Gekkouka
23 Ayumi Hamasaki - HEAVEN
24 KinKi Kids - Velvet no Yami
25 Ayumi Hamasaki - fairyland c/w alterna
26 Ai Otsuka - SMILY/Biidama
27 B'z - Ai no Bakudan
28 Under Graph - Tsubasa
29 Tongari Kids - B-DASH
30 Crystal Kay - Koi ni Ochitara
31 Ken Matsudaira - Matsuken Samba II
32 NEWS - CHERISH
33 Southern All Stars - BOHBO No.5
34 NEWS - TEPPEN
35 BUMP OF CHICKEN - Planetarium
36 Kanjani 8 - Sukiyanen, Osaka./Oh! ENKA/Mugendai
37 L'Arc~en~Ciel - LINK/Promise Land 2005
38 Porno Graffiti - Neo Melodramatic/ROLL
39 Kiyoshi Hikawa - Hatsukoi Ressha
40 HIGH and MIGHTY COLOR - PRIDE
41 Ai Otsuka - Planetarium
42 Hirahara Ayaka - Jupiter
43 AI - Story
44 aiko - Kira Kira
45 Ken Hirai - POP STAR
46 Masaharu Fukuyama - Naitari Shinaide/Red x Blue
47 EXILE - EXIT
48 Gorie with Jasmine & Joann - Pecori Night
49 L'Arc~en~Ciel - Killing Me
50 DREAMS COME TRUE - Nandodemo
51 L'Arc~en~Ciel - New World
52 EXILE - HERO
53 Arashi - WISH
54 T.M. Revolution vestige
55 ARASHI - Sakura Sake
56 WaT - Boku no Kimochi
57 Fukuyama Masaharu - Tokyo
58 BoA - DO THE MOTION
59 K - over...
60 V6 - UTAO-UTAO
61 Kobukuro - Sakura
62 Gackt - Metamorphoze
63 Every Little Thing - koibumi/good night
64 See-Saw - Kimi wa Boku ni Niteiru
65 Sasuke - Aoi Benchi
66 Mi - Mirai no Chizu
67 GLAY - White Road
68 Ai Otsuka - Kuroge Wagyu Joshio Tanyaki 680 Yen
69 L'arc en Ciel - Jojoshi
70 Utada Hikaru - Be My Last
71 CHEMISTRY - Wings of Words
72 Ryu Siwon - Sakura
73 SINGER SONGER - hatsu hana?
74 BoA - Meri Kuri
75 Bokutachi no Yukue - Takahasi Hitomi
76 Sambomaster - Sekai Wa Sore Wo Ai To Tobundaze
77 Sukimasuicchi - Zenryoku Shounen
78 melody. - realize/Take a Chance
79 tackey & tsubasa - kamen / mirai kokai
80 Hitoto Yo - Hanamizuki
81 sharin no uta - BUMP OF CHICKEN
82 Mika Arisaka - Life Goes On
83 Hikawa Kyoshi - Omokage no Miyako
84 Yuka Hata - Gita Samurai no Uta
85 Koda Kumi - Butterfly
86 Ai Otsuka - Sakuranbo
87 Kimura Kaera - rirura riruha
88 Kiyoshi Hikawa - Omokage no Miyako
89 Porno Graffiti - NaNaNa Summer Girl
90 Mizumori Kaori - Gonosen
91 m-flow loves YOSHIKA - let go
92 Ai Otsuka - Neko ni Fuusen
93 Kanjani 8 - Osaka Rainy Blues
94 Hirahara Ayaka - A$hita
95 YUI - feel my soul
96 Koda Kumi - flower
97 Mika Nakashima - Sakurairo Maukoro
98 Yuzu - Chotokkyu/Hi wa Mata Noboru
99 UVERworld - D-technolife
100 Namie Amuro - WANT ME, WANT ME

=======

I see don't see rock-artists or bands dominating it.

and 'always centered'?

don't think so

=========

1991 - Oricon Top 100

001. Oda Kazumasa - Oh! Yeah!
002. CHAGE & ASKA - SAY YES
003. KAN - Ai wa Katsu
004. Makihara Takayuki - Donnatokimo
005. ASKA - Hajimari wa Itsumo Ame
006. Koizumi Kyoko - Anata ni Aete Yokatta
007. B'z - LADY NAVIGATION
008. Nagabuchi Tsuyoshi - Shabon Dama
009. DREAMS COME TRUE - Eyes to me
010. B'z - ALONE
011. Sawada Chikako - Aitai
012. Karashima Midori - Silent Eve
013. PRINCESS PRINCESS - Julien
014. Oda Yuuji - Utaenakatta Love Song
015. TUBE - Sayonara Yesterday
016. Bubble Gum Brothers - WON'T BE LONG
017. TMN - Love Train
018. Billie Hughes - Todokanu Omoi
019. Ueno Chisato - Kakkou Warui Furarekata
020. Tonneruzu - Nasake Nee
021. Nakamori Akina - Futari Shizuka ~Ten Kawa Densetsu Satsujin Jiken Yori~
022. Yama$hita Tatsuo - Christmas Eve
023. B.B. Kinz - Gingira Paradise
024. Southern All Stars - Neo Blab!!
025. Inoue Yosui - Shounen Jidai
026. PRINCESS PRINCESS - KISS
027. Kome Kome CLUB - Shake Hip!
028. CHAGE & ASKA - Taiyou to Hokori no Naka de
029. LINDBERG - BELIEVE IN LOVE
030. Nagai Mariko - ZUTTO
031. Kojima Michiru - Gypsy
032. MI-KE - Omoide no Kujuukurihama
033. Kamon Tatsuo - Kae Uta Medley
034. B.B. Kinz - Odoru Ponpokorin
035. KATSUMI - Just Time Girl
036. Nagai Mariko - Hot wo WASH!
037. Kudou Shizuka - Boyaboya Dekinai
038. Horiuchi Takao - Koi Uta Tsuduri
039. Randy Crawford - Sweet Love
040. Ozaki Yutaka - I LOVE YOU
041. Nakayama Miho - ROSA
042. Nakayama Miho - Tooi Machi no Dokoka de
043. Himuro Kyosuke - CRIME OF LOVE
044. Kome Kome Club - Hitosuji ni Narenai
045. Kouzai Kaori - Ryuu Koisou
046. Kawamura Kaori - Tsubasa wo Kudasai
047. Moriguchi Hiroko - ETERNAL WIND ~Hohoemi wa Hikaru Kaze no Naka~
048. Godai Natsuko - Koi Banka
049. Yamada Katsutenai WINK - Sayonara Dakedo Sayonara Jyanai
050. Kudou Shizuka - Metamorphize
051. Shouji Kumi - Ano Koro no You ni
052. Tokunaga Hideaki - Love is All
053. Hotei Tomoyasu - BEAT EMOTION
054. Kamon Tatsuo - Kae Uta Medley 2
055. Wink - New Moon ni Aimashou
056. Godai Natsuko - Shinobu Ame
057. Stevie B - Because I Love You
058. X - Silent Jealousy
059. Kanmuri Jirou - Sakaba
060. Watanabe Misato - Sotsugyou
061. Kangetsu Arisa - Densetsu no Shoujo
062. Tokunaga Hideaki - Wednesday Moon
063. Wink - Manatsu no Toremoro
064. TUBE - Shounan My Love
065. KATSUMI - It's my JAL
066. PRINCESS PRINCESS - SEVEN YEARS AFTER
067. JUN SKY WALKER(S) - START
068. Righteous Brothers - Unchained Melody
069. ZARD - Good-bye My Loneliness
070. Mamii Mimoo - Mamii Mimoo Yabou no Theme
071. LINDBERG - I MISS YOU
072. Oda Yuuji - Genzai, Kono Shunkan Kara
073. Yazawa Eikichi - Rasutoshiin
074. Ueno Chisato - Aitai
075. MI-KE - Blue Right Yoko Ska
076. Nakamori Akina - Mizu ni Sa$hita Hana
077. Checkers - Mrs Mermaid
078. DREAMS COME TRUE - Wasurenaide
079. Makise Riho - Miracle Love
080. Hiramatsu Airi - Suteki na Renaissance (Remix'93)
081. TMN - RHYTHM RED BEAT BLACK
082. Watanabe Misato - Natsu ga Kita!
083. Kudou Shizuka - Please
084. Nakamura Mitsuko - Shiawase Shuu
085. Nakayama Miho - Ai$hiterutte Iwanai!
086. L.L BROTHERS - L.L BROTHERS no Theme
087. X - Standing Sex
088. Yama$hita Tatsuo - Sayonara Natsu no Hi
089. Moritaka Senri - Benkyou no Uta
090. DREAMS COME TRUE - Yuki no Christmas
091. Kangetsu Arisa - Eden no Toshi
092. Fuji Ayako - Amayosake
093. BUCK-TICK - Spit
094. Kitajima Saburou - Kita no Daichi
095. Wink - Kitto Atsui Kuchibiru
096. TMN - WILD HEAVEN
097. LINDBERG - OH! ANGEL
098. Imai Miki - PIECE OF MY WISH
099. Sekiguchi Masato - Tenkawa Densetsu Satsujin Jiken
100. BAKU - Zoukin

animejpop, Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:40 am
Just a couple holes to fill:

58. chage & aska - something there
78. globe - sweet pain [the mp3 doesn't appear in the torrent anyway]
(new!) 83. manish - kirameku toki ni torawarete

BTW, it's great looking through this year and realizing just how many of the singles I actually own (not too surprising, since I went to Japan in '99). Like, I have these from 50~100 XD
58. chage & aska - something there
70. Namie Amuro - Body Feels EXIT
72. TRF - BRAND NEW TOMORROW
77. Miho Nakayama - HERO
81. Yuki Uchida - Only You
89. hitomi - CANDY GIRL

Any further corrections, I'll try to give in batch.
animejpop, Fri Sep 09, 2005 7:28 pm
Thanks for the excellent torrent! And good job getting the tracklisting together guys -- It's so much easier not having to do it XD

At this moment I'm most excited to hear the Julia Mazda song, because I fell in love with the single she put out for Taiho shichau zo! TV2 and I've been dying to hear more of her stuff.

It's also exciting to see Lindberg's Ganbaranakucha ne on there ^^
sumeshi, Fri Sep 09, 2005 8:49 am
Wow Wow Wow!!!!

Thanks a lot ne~ ^___^
Ayumi_85, Fri Sep 09, 2005 6:41 am
Thank you very much, j1m0ne
j1m0ne, Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:58 am
OK, plugging in the gaps of Ayumi_85's list for 1992 and 1995. Once again, if anyone spots any mistakes do point them out.

EDIT: Fixed some typos.

10.Asai nemuri - Nakajima Miyuki
19.Boku ha kono hitomi de uso wo tsuku - CHAGE&ASKA
21.BRIDGE - HOUND DOG
23.Garasu no memories - TUBE
25.Fuyu ga hajimaru yo - Makihara Noriyuki
27.Christmas Carol no koro ni ha... - Inagaki Junichi
28.Mata aeru... - KIX.S
29.Ichiban erainin e - TUNNELS
30.Hagayui kuchibiru - Takahashi Mariko
31.Hottoke nai yo - Kusuno Seishiro
32.Nani mo ienakute....natsu - JAYWALK
34.Mou namida ha iranai - Suzuki Masayuki
35.Namida2(Love version) - BAKUFU-SLUMP
36.Jirettai ai - T-BOLAN
40.Haitaku no hitomi~EYES OF VENUS~ - V2
42.Hana$hitaku ha nai - T-BOLAN
44.Woman - Nakanishi Keizo
45.Junkoika - Nagabuchi Tsuyoshi
47.Koi wo shiyou yo Yeah ! Yeah! - LINDBERG
55.Itsuka doko ka de - Oda Kazumasa
61.Koe wo kikasete - Kudo shizuka
62.Kae uta medley - Kamon Tatsuo
63.Kitto, mata aeru... - Matsuda Seiko
66.Good Night - Fukuyama Masaharu
68.URBAN DANCE - Himuro Kyosuke
69.Blue Moon Stone - Checkers
70.Kokoro no tobira - Jinnouchi Taizo

02.WOW WAR TONIGHT~Toki ni ha okoseyo movement - H Jungle With t
05.Seesaw Game~Yuukan na koi no uta~ - Mr.Children
06.HELLO AGAIN~Mukashi kara aru basho~ - MY LITTLE LOVER
21.everybody goes~Chijou no nai gendai ni Drop-kick - Mr.Children
22.Totsuzen - FIELD OF VIEW
23.MAICCA~maikka - EASTE END x YURI
24.Single Bed - Sharan Q
27.Overnight Sensation~Jidai ha anata ni yudaneteru - trf
30.Namida ga kirari - Spitz
31.Yuzurenai negai - Tamura Naomi
34.Poison - Hotei Tomoyasu
35.Kimi ga ita kara - FIELD OF VIEW
37.Message - Fukuyama Masaharu
38.Ichiban chikaku ni ite ne - Ohguro Maki
39.Koibitotachi no Christmas - Mariah Carey(original english=All I Want For Christmas is You)
42.Corolla II ni notte - Ozawa Kenji
49.Haru yo, koi - Matsutoya Yumi
60.Musuko - Okuda Tamio
62.Thrill - Hotei Tomoyasu
73.My Babe Kimi ga nemuru made - Sharan Q
74.Tamashii wo daite kure - Himuro Kyosuke
75.Ai no tame ni - Okuda Tamio
77.HERO - Nakayama Miho
79.Shiawase wo tsukamitai - Hirose Kohmi
82.Futari ha koibito - Moritaka Chisato
85.Aitakute shikatanai - Go Hiromi
86.I BELIEVE - Kahala Tomomi
87.Koishisa to setsunasa to tsuyosa to - Shinohara Ryoko with t.komuro
91.Coffee - Okuda Tamio
92.Tsuyoi kimochi.tsuyoi ai/Sore ha chotto - Ozawa Kenji
93.Oretachi ni asu ha aru - SMAP
96.Ice Rain - Kudo Shizuka
97.Mi.re.n - Fuji Ayako
100.Aisuru koto - Karashima Midori
nakoruru, Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:34 pm
Thanks Ayumi_85 for the help.

Funk the Peanuts song is called "Koi no wana shikakemasho". Great tune from Dreams Come True's side project.

Later on tonight, I'll try to figure out the missing songs. With patience and NJStar's dictionary I can make wonders...
Ayumi_85, Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:39 pm
Complete list thanks to j1m0ne

1992:

01) Kome Kome Club - Kimi ga iru dake de / Ai$hiteru
02) Shogo Hamada - Kanashimi wa yuki no you ni
03) B'z - Blowin' / Time
04) Daijiman Brothers Band - Sore ga daiji
05) Southern All Stars - Namida no kiss
06) Tunnels - Gara gara hebi ga yattekuru (it's correct)
07) Noriuki Makihara - Mou koi nante shinai
08] Chage & Aska - If
09) Miki Imai - Piece of My Wish
10) Miyuki Nakajima ? Asai Nemuri
11) B'z - Zero
12) Zoo ? Choo Choo Train
13) Southern All Stars - Syraba ra bamba
14) Masatoshi Ono - You're the Only...
15) Tetsuro Oda - Itsumade mo Kawaranu Ai wo
16) Gao - Sayonara
17) Eri Hiramatsu - Heya to Y-shirt to Watashi
18] Dreams Come True - Kessen wa kinyoubi / taiyou ga miteru
19) CHAGE & ASKA - Boku ha kono hitomi de uso wo tsuku
20) Maki Ohguro - DA.KA.RA
21) HOUND DOG - BRIDGE
22) THE ALFEE - Promised Love
23) Tube ? Glass no Memories
24) Tube - Natsu dane
25) Noriyuki Makihara ? Fuyu ga Hajimaru yo
26) Chage & Aska - no no darlin'
27) Junichi Inagaki - Christmas Carol no koro ni ha...
28] KIX.S ? Mata aeru...
29) Tunnels - Ichiban Erai Hito e
30) Mariko Takahashi ? Hagayui Kuchibiru
31) Seishiro Kusuno - Hottoke nai yo
32) JAYWALK - Nani mo Ienakute...Natsu
33) X - Say Anything
34) Masayulo Suzuki - Mou namida ha iranai
35) BAFUKU SLUMP - Namida2(Love version)
36) T-BOLAN ? Jirettai Ai
39) Chage & Aska - Love Song
40) V2 - Haitaku no hitomi~EYES OF VENUS~ -
42) T-BOLAN - Hana$hitaku ha nai
43) Zard - Nemurenai Yoru wo daite
44) Keizo Nakanishi - Woman
45) Tsuyoshi Nagabuchi - Junkoika
47) LINDBERG - Koi wo Shiyo yo yeah! yeah!
48] Dreams Come True - Haretara ii ne
51) CHAGE & ASKA - WALK
55) Kazumasa Oda - Itsuka doko ka de
60) ZOO ? Gorgeous
61) Shizuka Kudo ? Koe wo Kikasete
62) Tatsuo Kamon ? Kae Uta Medley
63) Seiko Matsuda - Kitto, Mata Aeru...
65) Zard - In My Arms Tonight
66) Masaharu Fukuyama ? Good Night
67) Toshi - made in HEAVEN
68] Kyosuke Himuro - URBAN DANCE
69) Checkers - Blue Moon Stone
70) Taizo Jinnouchi - Kokoro no tobira

1993:

01) Chage & Aska - Yah Yah Yah / Yume no Bannin
02) B'z - Ai no mama ni wagamama ni boku wa kimi dake wo kizu tsukenai
03) The Tora-Bryu - Road
04) Southern All Stars - Erotica Seven
05) B'z - Hadashi no Megami
06) Zard - Makenaide
07) Wands - Toki no Tobira
08] Yumi Matsutoya - Manatsu no yoru no yume
09) Zard - Yureru Omoi
10) M. Nakayama & Wands - Sekaiju No Dareyori Kitto
11) Wands - Motto tsuyoku dakishimeta nara
12) DEEN - Konomama Kimidake wo Ubaisaritai
13) Kyosuke Himoru - Kiss Me
14) Wands - Ai wo Kataru Yori Kuchizuke wo Kawaso
15) Class - Natsu no Hi no 1993
16) Dreams Come True - Go For It / Ame no Owaru Basho
17) T-BOLAN - Bye for Now
18] Kyoko Koizumi - Yasashii Ame
19) Shizuka Kudo - Dokoku
20) Doji Morita - Bokutachi no shippai
21) E no shima ? Z-dan
22) Zard - Mo sukoshi atsukoshi
23) Maki Ohguro ? Chotto
24) T-BOLAN ? Osae Kirenai Kono Kimochi
25) WANDS ? Koise yo Otome
26) Tsuyoshi Nagabushi ? RUN
27) Youisui Inoue ? Make-up Shadow
28] The Boom - Shima Uta (Original Version)
29) Fumiya Fujii - TRUE LOVE
30) Zard - Kimi ga Inai
31) Whitney Houston ? Always Love You
32) Chage & Aska - Sons and Daughters~Sore yori boku ga tsutaetai no ha
33) Tube - Natsu wo Machikirenakute
34) Junichi Inagaki - Christmas Carol no koro ni ha
35) T-BOLAN ? Surechigai no Junjou
36) Tunnels ? Gagaimo
37) T-BOLAN - Setsunasa wo kesa ya shinai / Kizu darake wo dakishimete
38] THE WAVES - WE ARE THE CHAMP~THE NAME OF THE GAME~
39) ZYYG, REV, ZARD & WANDS - Hateshinai yume wo
40) ZYGG - Kimi ga hoshikute tamaranai
41) Noriyuki Makihara - No.1
42) Maki Ohguro - Wakare mashou watashi kara kiemashou anata kara
43) Keisuke Kuwata - Mayonaka no dandy
44) USED TO BE A CHILD - Bokura ga umareta ano hi no youni
45) Yamane Yasuhiro ? Get Along Together (New Version)
46) Tube - Datte Natsu jyanai
47) Kazuo Zaitsu - ten no hana~hitotsu yane no $hita yori
48] Masaharu Fukuyama - MELODY
49) Ayako Fuji ? Murasaki Ujou
50) DEEN - Tsubasa wo Hirogete
51) LINDBERG ? Mune Sawagi no After School
52) Yasushi Nakanishi ? Saigo no ame
53) Zard - Kitto Wasurenai
54) Mari Kunitake - Pocket bell ga naranakute
55) Fumina Hisamatsu - Tenshi no kyuusoku
56) Southern All Stars - Suteki na body (NO NO BIRDY)
57) Noriyuki Makihara - Kanojo no koibito
58] Fukuyama Masaharu ? All My Loving
59) Tomoyasu Hotei - Saraba seishun no hikari
60) Ayako Fuji ? Koyoi Zake
61) Motoharu Sano - Yakusoku no hashi
62) Masayuki Suzuki - Koibito
63) KAI FIVE - Kaze no naka no hi no youni
64) J-WALK - Nani mo ienakute...natsu
65) LINDBERG ? Datte sou Janai!?
66) THE BOOM ? Shima Uta
67) DEEN - Memories
68] Yoko Nagayama - Higurashi
69) Miho Nakayama - Shiwase n inaru tame ni
70) Maki Ohguro ? Harlem Night
71) Yuji Honjou ? Yume with You
72) TRF ? EZ DO DANCE
73) Kome Kome Club - Toki no tabiji~REX no theme~
74) Seiko Matsuda ? Taisetsu na Anata
75) Moritaka Chisato ? Watashi no Natsu
76) Toshi - Paradise
77) X JAPAN - Tears
78] Voice ? 24 Jikan no Shinwa
79) Shinnosuke Nohara - Ora ha nin kimono
80) Mariyuki Makihara - Kitakaze~Kimi ni todokimasu youni~
81) ZOO - Yah Yah Yah
82) Takao Horiuchi - Kageboushi
83) Kome Kome Club - Ai ha fushigi sa
84) Toshinobu Kubota ? Yume with You
85) Takayama Gen ? Kokoro korasete
86) Keizo Nakanishi ? You and I
87) Mari Hamada ? Cry for the moon
88] Ruriko Kubou - Otoko
89) Koji Kikawa - KISS ni utarete nemuritai
90) Wink - Sakihokore Itoshisayo
91) Chisato Moritaka ? Kaze ni Fukarete
92) Eri Hiramatsu ? Single is Best!?
93) Eikichi Yazawa - Tokyo
94) Noriyuki Makihara ? Zuru Yasumi
95) Hound Dog - Hi ha mata noboru
96) Chisato Moritaka - Watarasebashi
97) GAO - Sayonara
98] Junichi Inagaki - Boku naraba koko ni iru
99) TMN - Ichizu na koi -
100) DREAMS COME TRUE ? Haretara ii ne

1994:

01) Mr.Children - Innocent World
02) Kohmi Hirose - Romance no Kamisama
03) Ryoko Shinohara with TK - Itoshisa to Setsunasa to Kokoro Zuyosa to
04) B'z - Don't Leave Me
05) Miyuki Nakajima - Sora to Kimi no Aida
06) Yumi Matsutoya - Hello, My friend
07) TRF - Survival dAnce ~no no cry more~
08] Maki Ohguro - Anata dake mitsumeteru
09) TRF - Boy Meets Girl
10) Wands - Sekai ga Owaru Made wa...
11) Fumiya Fuji - TRUE LOVE
12) Masaharu Fukuyama - IT'S ONLY LOVE
13) Miwako Fujitani & Yoshiaki Ohuchi Yoshiaki
14) Chage & Aska - Heart
15) Mr.Chikdren - Cross Road
16) Yutaka Ozaki - OH MY LITTLE GIRL
17) Miho Nakayama - Tada nakitakunaru no
18] DEEN - Hitomi wo Sorasanaide
19) Dreams Come True - WINTER SONG
20) Maki Ohguro - Natsu ga Kuru
21) Tube - Natsu wo Dakishimete
22) Mr. Children ? Tomorrow never knows
23) Mariya Takeuchi - Junai Rhapsody
24) Zard - Kono Ai ni Oyogi Tsukaretemo
25) Noriyuki Makihara - SPY
26) Miki Imai - Miss You
27) Zard - Kona ni Soba ni Iru no ni
28] X JAPAN - Rusty Nail
29) Nobuteru Maeda - Try Boy, Try Girl -
30) T-BOLAN ? Maria
31) Maki Ohguro - Eien no yume ni mukatte
32) Nokko - Ningyo
33) SMAP - Ganbarimasho
34) THE TRA-BRYU - ROAD~Dai ni shou
35) NOA ? Ima wo dakishimete
36) T-BOLAN - LOVE
37) Tamio Okuda ? Ai no Tame ni
38] To Be Continued - Kimi dake wo miteita
39) DEEN - Eien wo Azuketekure
40) Kyosuke Himuro - VIRGIN BEAT
41) Kome Kome Club ? Abracadabra
42) Yasuhiro Yamane ? Get Along Together (New Version)
43) Dreams Come True - Wherever You Are
44) WANDS - Jumpin' Jack Boy
45) TRF - Samiu Yoru Dakara
46) ICE BOX ? Tsumetai Kiss
47) Yumi Matsutoya ? Haru yo, koi
48] Maki Ohguro ? Shiroi Graduation
49) Hidetaka Yoshiaki ? Last Song
50) X JAPAN - Tears
51) Kyoko Koizumi ? My Sweet Home
52) Southern All Stars - Christmas Love
53) Ruriko Kubou ? Hayaku $hite Yo
54) Chisato Moritaka ? Kibun Soukai
55) Nobuteru Maeda - Soba ni iru yo
56) TMN - NIGHTS OF THE KNIFE
57) CHAGE & ASKA - Meguriai
58] Takayama Gen - Kokoro korasete
59) Moritaka Chisato ? Natsu no hi
60) SMAP - ORIGINAL SMILE
61) SMAP - Hey Hey Oki ni Maido Ari
63) TOKIO - LOVE YOU ONLY
64) Mariko Takahashi ? Haruka na Hito e
65) LUNA SEA - TRUE BLUE
66) TRF - EZ DO DANCE
67) BAAD - Kimi ga suki da to sakebitai
68] Yumiko Takahashi ? Tomodachi de ii kara
69) Kohmi Hirose - Dramatic ni Koi$hite
70) Izumi Tachibana - Eien no puzzle
71) Tube - Koi$hite mucho
72) Tomoyasu Hotei ? Surrender
73) Be-B - Doumu~kaze ni mukatte~
74) NOKKO - Live ga hanetara
75) Tsuyoshi Nagabuchi - Ningen
76) Ekichi Aizawa ? Ari yo Saraba
77) Dreams Come True - Suki
78] Keisuke Kuwata ? Tsuki
79) Noriyuki Makihara ? Futatsu no Negai
80) LUNA SEA - ROSIER
81) Zard ? Kitto Wasurenai
82) Yuki Uchida - TENCA wo Toro!
83) Koji Kikkawa - VENUS~mayoiko no mirai
84) Julia Matsuda - Damattenaide
85) Masayuki Suzuki - Chigau, sou janai
86) Yukiko Kumagao - Kaze to kumo to watashi
87) Chisato Moritaka - Suteki na tanjoubi
88] Lindberg - GAMBA Ranakucha Ne
89) Kudo Shizuka - Blue Rose
90) Hiro Takahashi - Taiyou ga mata kagayaku toki
91) Keisuke Kuwata - Matsuri no ato
92) Satoshi Ikeda - Omoide sanai yoru ha nai darou
93) Ayako Fuji - Onakigawa
94) Hiro Takahashi ? Unbalance na Kiss wo $hite
95) access - Drastic Mermaid
96) Arisa Mizuki ? HAPPY WAKE UP!
97) SIMON AND GARFUNKEL - A Hazy Shade of Winter
98] ORIGINAL LOVE - Seppun
99) THE BOOM - berangkat~Buranka~
100) Tunnels - Fufufuttesurun desu

1995:

01) DREAMS COME TRUE - LOVE LOVE LOVE
02) H Jungle With t - WOW WAR TONIGHT ~Toki ni ha okoseyo movement
03) Masaharu Fukuyama - HELLO
04) Mr. Children - Tomorrow Never Knows
05) Mr. Children - Seesaw Game~Yuukan na koi no uta~
06) MY LITTLE LOVER - HELLO, AGAIN ~Mukashi kara aru basho~
07) Keisuke Kuwata & Mr. Children - Kiseki no Hoshi
08] Mayo Okamoto - TOMORROW
09) Spitz - Robinson
10) B'z - LOVE PHANTOM
11) TRF - CRAZY GONNA CRAZY
12) Mr. Children - [es] ~Theme of es~
13) B'z - Negai
14) B'z - Love me, I love you
15) TRF - masquerade
16) L&R - KNOCKIN'ON YOUR DOOR
17) Maki Ohguro - La La La
18] B'z - MOTEL
19) Sharan Q - Zurui Onna
20) H Jungle With t - GOING GOING HOME
21) Mr. Children - everybody goes ~Chijou no Nai Gendai ni Drop-kick
22) FIELD OF VIEW - Totsuzen
23) EAST END X YURI - MAICCA~maikka
24) Sharan Q ? Single Bed
25) Southern All Stars - Anata dake wo ~Summer Heartbreak~
26) DREAMS COME TRUE - Thank you
27) TRF - Overnight Sensation ~Jidai ha anata ni yudaneteru -
28] Miyuki Nakajima - Tabibito no Uta
29) Noriko Sakai ? Aoi Usagi
30) Spitz ? Namida ga kirari
31) Naomi Tamura - Yuzurenai negai
32) MY LITTLE LOVER - Man & Woman
33) EAST END X YURI (from T.P.D) - DA.YO.NE
34) Tomoyasu Hotei - Poison
35) FIELD OF VIEW - Kimi ga ita kara
36) globe - FEEL LIKE DANCE
37) Masaharu Fukuyama ? Message
38] Maki Ohguro - Ichiban chikaku ni ite ne
39) Mariah Carey ? All I Want For Christmas is You
40) ASKA - Seiten wo Homeru Nara Yugure wo Mate
41) CHAGE & ASKA - Meguriai
42) Kenji Ozawa - Corolla II ni notte
43) Sharan Q - Sora wo Minayo
44) Zard - Anata wo kanjite itai
45) Namie Amuro with SUPER MONKEY'S - TRY ME ~Watashi wo Shinjite~
46) FUNK THE PENAUTS - Koi no wana shikakemasho
47) globe - Joy to the love
48] Zard - Ai ga Mienai
49) Yumi Matsutoya ? Haru yo, Koi
50) JUDY & MARY - Over Drive
51) Zard - Just believe in love
52) SMAP - Tabun Alright
53) WANDS - Secret Night It's My Treat
54) Ryoko Shinohara with TK - Motto Motto ...
55) SMAP - Shiyou yo
56) Namie Amuro ? Taiyo no SEASON
57) SMAP - Kansha $hite
58] CHAGE & ASKA - something there
59) WEST END X YURI (from O.P.D) SO.YA.NA
60) Tamio Okuda - Musuko
61) Zard - Sayonara wa Ima mo kono mune ni Imasu
62) Tomoyasu Hotei - Thrill
63) SMAP - Donna ii Koto
64) Ryoko Shinohara - Lady Generation
65) Namie Amuro - Stop the music
66) DEEN - Mirai no Tameni
67) MY LITTLE LOVER - Shiroi Kaito
68] DEEN - Teenage dream
69) Keisuke Kuwata - Matsuri no ato
70) Namie Amuro - Body Feels EXIT
71) Southern All Stars - Manpi no G Spot
72) TRF - BRAND NEW TOMORROW
73) Sharan Q - My Babe Kimi ga nemuru made
74) Kyosuke Himuro - Tamashii wo daite kure
75) Tamio Okuda - Ai no Tame ni
76) X JAPAN - Longing ~ Togireta melody~
77) Miho Nakayama - HERO
78] globe - SWEET PAIN
79) Kohmi Hirose - Shiawase wo tsukamitai
80) Tube - Yuzurenai Natsu
81) Yuki Uchida - Only You
82) Chisato Moritaka - Futari ha koibito
83) MANISH - Kirameku Shunkan ni Torawarete
84) EAST END X YURI - Ii Kanji Yana Kanji
85) Hiromi Go - Aitakute shikatanai -
86) Tomomi Kahala ? I BELIEVE
87) Ryoko Shinohara with TK - Koishisa to setsunasa to tsuyosa to
88] TOKIO - Uwasa no Kiss
89) hitomi - CANDY GIRL
90) DREAMS COME TRUE - ROMANCE
91) Tamio Okuda ? Coffee
92) Kenji Ozawa - Tsuyoi kimochi.tsuyoi ai/Sore ha chotto
93) SMAP ? Oretachi ni Asu ha Haru
94) Seiko Matsuda - Kagayaita Kisetsu e Tabidatou
95) L&R - HELLO, IT'S ME
96) Sizuka Kudoh ? Ice Rain
97) Ayako Fuji - Mi.re.n
98] Tube - Ano natsu wo sagasite
99) V6 - MUSIC FOR THE PEOPLE
100) Midori Karashima - Aisuru koto
Ayumi_85, Thu Sep 08, 2005 3:31 pm
Thanks! I have a list done, but it's incomplete. Maybe that will make things easier for you. You just have to done the incomplete ones. The list is in this same topic.
j1m0ne, Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:41 pm
So I was bored and decided to romanize some of it for fun.....and I got even more bored Anyway, I've just done 1993 and will add more when I feel like it, hehe. There may be mistakes here and there since I typed it up pretty quickly so if you spot any do point them out.

Edit: Corrected some typos and added 1994.

1.YAH YAH YAH - CHAGE&ASKA
2.Ai no mama ni wagamama ni boku ha kimi dake wo kizutsukenai -B'z
3.Road - THE TRA-BRYU
4.Erotica seven - SOUTHERN ALL STARS
5.Hadashi no megami - B'z
6.Makenaide - ZARD
7.Toki no tobira - WANDS
8.Manatsu no yoru no yume - Matsutoya Yumi
9.Yureru omoi - ZARD
10.Sekaijuu no dare yori kitto - Nakayama Miho & WNADS
11.Motto tsuyoku dakishimeta nara - WANDS
12.Kono mama kimi dake wo ubai saritai - DEEN
13.KISS ME - Himuro Kyosuke
14.Ai wo kataru yori kuchizuke wo kawasou - WANDS
15.Natsu no hi no 1993 - class
16.go for it! - DREAMS COME TRUE
17.Bye For Now - T-BOLAN
18.Yasashii ame - Koizumi Kyoko
19.Doukoku - Kudo Shizuka
20.Bokutachi no shippai - Morita Douji
21.E no shima - Z-dan
22.Mou sukoshi ato sukoshi... - ZARD
23.Chotto - Ohguro Maki
24.Osae kirenai kono kimochi - T-BOLAN
25.Koise yo otome - WANDS
26.RUN - Nagabuchi Tsuyoshi
27.Make-up Shadow - Inoue Yousui
28.Shima Uta(Original version) - THE BOOM
29.TRUE LOVE - Fuji Fumiya
30.Kimi ga inai -ZARD
31.Always Love You - Whitney Houston
32.Sons and Daughters~Sore yori boku ga tsutaetai no ha - CHAGE&ASKA
33.Natsu wo machi kirenakute - TUBE
34.Christmas Carol no koro ni ha - Inagaki Junichi
35.Surechigai no junjou - T-BOLAN
36.Gajaimo - Tunnels
37.Setsunasa wo kesa ya shinai/Kizu darake wo dakishimete - T-BOLAN
38.WE ARE THE CHAMP~THE NAME OF THE GAME~ - THE WAVES
39.Hateshinai yume wo - ZYYG,REV,ZARD&WANDS
40.Kimi ga hoshikute tamaranai - ZYGG
41.No.1 - Makihara Noriyuki
42.Wakare mashou watashi kara kiemashou anata kara - Ohguro Maki
43.Mayonaka no dandy - Kuwata Keisuke
44.Bokura ga umareta ano hi no youni - USED TO BE A CHILD
45.Get Along Together (New version) - Yamane Yasuhiro
46.Datte natsu janai - TUBE
47.Saboten no hana~hitotsu yane no $hita yori - Zaitsu Kazuo
48.MELODY - Fukuyama Masaharu
49.Murasaki ujou - Fuji Ayako
50.Tsubasa wo hirogete - DEEN
51.Mune sawagi no After School - LINDBERG
52.Saigo no ame - Nakanishi Yasushi
53.Kitto wasurenai - ZARD
54.Pocket bell ga naranakute - Kunitake Mari
55.Tenshi no kyuusoku - Hisamatsu Fumina
56.Suteki na body (NO NO BIRDY) - SOUTHERN ALL STARS
57.Kanojo no koibito - Makihara Noriyuki
58.All My Loving - Fukuyama Masaharu
59.Saraba seishun no hikari - Hotei Tomoyasu
60.Koyoi zake - Fuji Ayako
61.Yakusoku no hashi - Sano Motoharu
62.Koibito - Suzuki Masayuki
63.Kaze no naka no hi no youni - KAI FIVE
64.Nani mo ienakute...natsu - J-WALK
65.Datte sou janai!? - LINDBERG
66.Shima uta - THE BOOM
67.Memories - DEEN
68.Higurashi - Nagayama Yoko
69.Shiwase n inaru tame ni - Nakayama Miho
70.Harlem Night - Ohguro Maki
71.Yume with You - Honjoh Yuji
72.EZ DO DANCE - trf
73.Toki no tabiji~REX no theme~ - KOME KOME CLUB
74.Taisetsu na anata - Matsuda Seiko
75.Watashi no natsu - Moritaka Chisato
76.PARADISE - TOSHI
77.Tears - X JAPAN
78.24jikan no shinwa - Voice
79.Ora ha nin kimono - Nohara Shinnosuke
80.Kitakaze~Kimi ni todokimasu youni~ - Makihara Noriyuki
81.YA-YA-YA - ZOO
82.Kageboushi - Horiuchi Takao
83.Ai ha fushigi sa - KOME KOME CLUB
84.Yume with you - Kubota Toshinobu
85.Kokoro korasete - Takayama Gen
86.You and I - Nakanishi Keizo
87.Cry for the moon - Hamada Mari
88.Otoko - Kubou Ruriko
89.KISS ni utarete nemuritai - Kikkawa Koji
90.Saki hokore aishisa yo - Wink
91.Kaze ni fukarete - Moritaka Chisato
92.Single is Best!? - Hiramatsu Eri
93.Tokyo - Yazawa Eikichi
94.Zuru yasumi - Makihara Noriyuki
95.Hi ha mata noboru - Hound Dog
96.Watarasebashi - Moritaka Chisato
97.Sayonara - GAO
98.Boku naraba koko ni iru - Inagaki Junichi
99.Ichizu na koi - TMN
100.Haretara ii ne - DREAMS COME TRUE

1.innocent world - Mr.Children
2.Romance no kamisama - Hirose Kohmi
3.Koishisa to setsunasa to tsuyosa to - Shinohara Ryoko with T.Komuro
4.Don't Leave Me - B'z
5.Sora to kimi no aida ni - Nakajima Miyuki
6.Hello, my friend - Matsutoya Yumi
7.survival dAnce ~no no cry more~ - trf
8.Anata dake mitsumeteru - Ohguro Maki
9.Boy Meets Girl - trf
10.Sekai ga owaru made ha... - WANDS
11.TRUE LOVE - Fuji Fumiya
12.IT'S ONLY LOVE - Fukuyama Masaharu
13.Ai ga umareta hi - Fujitani Miwako.Ohuchi Yoshiaki
14.HEART - CHAGE&ASKA
15.CROSS ROAD - Mr.Children
16.OH MY LITTLE GIRL - Ozaki Yutaka
17.Tada nakitakunaru no - Nakayama Miho
18.Hitomi sorasanaide - DEEN
19.WINTER SONG - DREAMS COME TRUE
20.Natsu ga kuru - Ohguro Maki
21.Natsu wo dakishimete - TUBE
22.Tomorrow never knows - Mr.Children
23.Junai Rhapsody - Takeuchi Mariya
24.Kono ai ni oyogi tsukarete mo - ZARD
25.SPY - Makihara Noriyuki
26.Miss You - Imai Miki
27.Konna ni soba ni iru no ni - ZARD
28.Rusty Nail - X JAPAN
29.Try Boy, Try Girl - Maeda Nobuteru
30.Maria - T-BOLAN
31.Eien no yume ni mukatte - Ohguro Maki
32.Ningyo - NOKKO
33.Ganbarimashou - SMAP
34.ROAD~Dai ni shou - THE TRA-BRYU
35.Ima wo dakishimete - NOA
36.LOVE - T-BOLAN
37.Ai no tame ni - Okuda Tamio
38.Kimi dake wo miteita - To Be Continued
39.Eien wo azukete kure - DEEN
40.VIRGIN BEAT - Himuro Kyosuke
41.A-BRA-CADA-BRA - KOME KOME CLUB
42.Get Along Together(New Version) - Yamane Yasuhiro
43.WHEREVER YOU ARE - DREAMS COME TRUE
44.Jumpin' Jack Boy - WANDS
45.Samui yoru dakara... - trf
46.Tsumetai kiss - ICE BOX
47.Haru yo, koi - Matsutoya Yumi
48.Shiroi Gradation - Ohguro Maki
49.Last Song - Yoshiaki Hidetaka
50.Tears - X JAPAN
51.My Sweet Home - Koizumi Kyoko
52.Christmas Love - SOUTHERN ALL STARS
53.Hayaku $hite yo - Kubou Ruriko
54.Kibun soukai - Moritaka Chisato
55.Soba ni iru yo - Maeda Nobuteru
56.Nights of the Knife - TMN
57.Meguriai - CHAGE&ASKA
58.Kokoro korasete - Takayama Gen
59.Natsu no hi - Moritaka Chisato
60.ORIGINAL SMILE - SMAP
61.Hey Hey ooki ni maido ari - SMAP
62.Ore iro ni somare - KOME KOME CLUB
63.LOVE YOU ONLY - TOKIO
64.Haruka na hito e - Takahashi Mariko
65.TRUE BLUE - LUNA SEA
66.EZ DO DANCE - trf
67.Kimi ga suki da to sakebitai - BAAD
68.Tomodachi de ii kara - Takahashi Yumiko
69.Dramatic ni koi $hite - Hirose Kohmi
70.Eien no puzzle - Tachibana Izumi
71.Koi $hite mucho - TUBE
72.Surrender - Hotei Tomoyasu
73.Doumu~kaze ni mukatte~ - Be-B
74.Live ga hanetara - NOKKO
75.Ningen - Nagabuchi Tsuyoshi
76.Ari yo saraba - Yazawa Eikichi
77.Suki - DREAMS COME TRUE
78.Tsuki - Kuwata Keisuke
79.Futatsu no negai - Makihara Noriyuki
80.ROSIER - LUNA SEA
81.Kitto wasurenai - ZARD
82.TENCA wo torou~Uchida no yabou~ - Uchida Yuki
83.VENUS~mayoiko no mirai - Kikkawa Koji
84.Damattenaide - Matsuda Julia
85.Chigau, sou janai - Suzuki Masayuki
86.Kaze to kumo to watashi - Kumagao Yukiko
87.Suteki na tanjoubi - Moritaka Chisato
88.GAMBAranakuccha ne - LINDBERG
89.Blue Rose - Kudo Shizuka
90.Taiyou ga mata kagayaku toki - Takahashi Hiro
91.Matsuri no ato - Kuwata Keisuke
92.Omoide sanai yoru ha nai darou - Ikeda Satoshi
93.Onakigawa - Fuji Ayako
94.Unbalance na Kiss wo $hite - Takahashi Hiro
95.DRASTIC MERMAID - access
96.HAPPY WAKE UP! - Mizuki Alisa
97.Fuyu no sanpomichi - SIMON AND GARFUNKEL(original english name is A Hazy Shade of Winter)
98.Seppun - ORIGINAL LOVE
99.berangkat~Buranka~ - THE BOOM
100.Fufufuttesurun desu - Tunnels
Tangerine, Thu Sep 08, 2005 11:32 am
Cool stuff...thanks!
Could some please reseed? Thanks!
sai007, Thu Sep 08, 2005 10:37 am
thank you ^^
Ayumi_85, Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:27 am
Edited: the entire list is posted below.
vicheo, Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:32 am
Wow , it's really cool stuff ~!1

tks mobyd!ck yu r the best!
nakoruru, Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:06 pm
By the way, am I the only one just seeing the top 20 on that japanese site?

01) Kome Kome Club - Kimi ga iru dake de / Ai$hiteru
02) Shogo Hamada - Kanashimi wa yuki no you ni
03) B'z - Blowin' / Time
04) Daijiman Bros Band - Sore ga dai?
05) Southern All Stars - ? no ki'su
06) Tunnels - Gara gara hebi (?) ga yattekuru
07) Noriuki Makihara - Mou koi nante shinai
08] Chage & Aska - If
09) Miki Imai - Piece of My Wish
10) Miyuki Nakajima - ???
11) B'z - Zero
12) Choo Choo Train - Zoo
13) Southern All Stars - Shiraba - ra - banban / Kimi dake ni yume o mou ichi ?
14) Masatoshi Ono - You're the Only...
15) Tetsuro Oda - Itsu made mo ?warane ai o
16) Gao - Sayonara
17) Eri Hiramatsu - ?? to Y satsu to watshi
18] Dreams Come True - Kessen wa kinyoubi / taiyou ga miteru
19) Chage & Aska - Boku wa kono ? de ? o tsuku
20) Maki Ohguro - Da-ka-ra

Yay! Dreams Come True!
nakoruru, Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:53 pm
I don't have NJStar installed in this computer and I'm too lazy to look on google to fix the songs with kanji I don't know yet:

01) Chage & Aska - Yah Yah Yah / Yume no ?? hito
02) B'z - Yume no mama ni wagamama ni boku wa kimi dake o ?tsukenai
03) The Tora-Bryu - Load (Roodo)
04) Southern All Stars - Erokyika (?) - Zenbu
05) B'z - ?? no kamisama
06) Zard - Makenaide
07) Wands - Toki no ?
08] Yumi Matsutoya - ? natsuno yoru no yume
09) Zard - Yureru Omoi
10) M. Nakayama & Wands - Sekai naka no ? yori kitto
11) Wands - Motto ?ku dakishimeraretara
12) Deen - Kono mama kimi dake o ?i ?ritai
13) Kyosuke Himoru - Kiss Me
14) Wands - Ai o ?ru yori kuchiduke o kawasou
15) Class - Natsu no Hi no 1993
16) Dreams Come True - Go For It / Ame no Owaru Basho
17) T-Boran - Bye for Now
18] Kyoko Koizumi - Yasashii Ame
19) Shizuka Kudo - ??
20) Doji Morita - Bokutachi no ??

I hope it will help you guys figure out the songs. I might try to fix the "missing" kanji later.

For now I'll only do the top 20 because on that site on the japanese site Mobyd!ck linked, there's the romaji for the singer names. I really can't figure out names by the kanji yet.
mobyd!ck, Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:18 pm
sorry, i lost 1992 tracklist

but i upload it as jpg files

you can check it

mobyd!ck, Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:15 pm
tracklist

The list is now edited
j1m0ne, Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:33 pm
OK, I hope to help out here. I didn't download the torrent (I already have most of the songs) so I don't have the list of files. Got em off another site, so if I got the tracks wrong I apologise.

Anyway plugging in the gaps;

51.Last scene - Hotei Tomoyasu
55.Forever - Okamoto Mayo
56.Stay - Himuro Kyosuke
58.Squall - Himuro Kyosuke
59.Shiawase ni naritai - Uchida Yuki
60.Primal - Original Love
62.Fuyu no fantasy - cousin
67.Aa - Ohguro Maki
68.Rinbukyoku - Matsutoya Yumi
69.NOW AND THEN~Ushiwareta toki wo motomete~ - MY LITTLE LOVER
74.Kon'ya ha hearty party - Takeuchi Mariya
75.Taiyou ha kuchizuke wo - FUNK THE PEANUTS
77.Gerende ga tokeru hodo koi $hitai - Hirose Kohmi
79.Kimi wo wasurenai - Matsuyama Chiharu
81.Machibuse - Arai Yumi
82.Taiyou ha Tsumi na yatsu - Southern All Stars
85.Tabibito yo~The Longest Journey - BAKUFU SLUMP
86.Yume miru shoujo ja irarenai - Aikawa Nanase
91.Anata ni ite hoshii - Swing out Sister
94.Ai no sainou - Kawamoto Makoto
95.Gomen ne.. - Takahashi Mariko
97.Only You kimi to natsu no hi wo - TUBE

62.Forever - Sorimachi Takashi with Richie Sambora
73.Shangri-la - Denki Groove
74.Mononoke hime - Mera Yoshikazu
75.A$hita, haru ga kitara - Matsu Takako
78.Tanoshiku tanoshiku tanoshiku - Kahala Tomomi
80.Tsuki - Saru Ganseki
81.Koyoi no tsuki no youni - ELEPHANT KASHIMASHI
84."Eccentric shonen boy" no theme - Eccentric Shonen Boy All Stars
85.Alone - Okamoto Mayo
90.Yume janai - Spitz
91.Suna no kajitsu - Nakatani Miki with Sakamoto Ryuichi
92.Gomen ne... - Takahashi Mariko
94.Amai unmei - UA
98.Dear...Again - Hirose Kohmi
99.Gekijou - Kudo Shizuka

65.Kirara - Kudo Shizuka
67.Shounen - Kuroyume
68.Tsuyoku Hakanai Mono Tachi - Cocco
72.BAD LUCK ON LOVE~BLUES ON LIFE~ - Tohko
73.Sakura - Kawamoto Makoto
75.Wing - Chinen Rina
79.Maria - Kuroyume
81.Negaigoto hitotsu dake - Komatsu Miho
84.Sasurai - Okuda Tamio
85.Unmei no hito - Spitz
86.Relax~RIRAKKUSU~ - Black Biscuits
87.Kyuukon - THE YELLOW MONKEY
88.POISON~iitai koto mo ienai konna yo no naka ha~ - Sorimachi Takashi
91.Natsuiro - Yuzu
94.AHHHHH! - Kubota Toshinobu
95.Heron - Yama$hita Tatsuro
96.Sakebi - Yaen

52.believe - Yamaguchi Yuko
58.Days - Pocket Biscuits
61.Strobe - Hirose Kohmi
62.Eyes on me - Faye Wong
63.Apollo - Porno Graffitti
64.Camouflage - Takeuchi Mariya
70.Bambina - Hotei Tomoyasu
74.Sentimental - Yuzu
83.Koko made kisu $hite. - Ringo Shena
88.Squall - Matsumoto Eiko
90.Be Cool! - Yaen
92.Kibou no kane ga naru asa ni - THE ALFEE
96.Sayonara bus - Yuzu
Ayumi_85, Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:46 am
Thank you very much, oceansportrait The lists of all the songs are in jpg in the same torrent, in that page you can only see the first 50 songs of each year. I have done the all songs that I know of '98 and '99 too, you can check it, it's a few posts above.
Hawk, Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:39 am
Dango san Kyoudai was the top song of 1999?

Holy cow.
sumeshi, Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:19 am
Oh!! Very Thanks.
oceansportrait, Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:09 am
I'll just fill in the blanks of those songs that haven't been romanized ^^

(for some reason, I can only see the top 50 songs for each year. If someone knows the link to the last 50 song for each of them, I can romanize the ones that haven't been romanized.)

1. Mr. Children - Namonaki Uta
25. Koji Tamaki - Denen
26. Yen Town Band - Swallow Tail Butterfly ~Ai no Uta~
33. Mr. Children - Machine gun wo Buttobase -Mr. Children Bootleg-
34. Masahiko Kondo - Midnight Shuffle
44. Field of View - Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku
50. Sharanq - My Babe Kimi ga Nemurumade

11. Saruganseki - Shiroi Kumo no Youni
41. Yoko Takahashi - Tamashii no Rufuran
50. V6 - Ai Nanda / Lookin' for my Dream

1. Glay - Yuuwaku
2. SMAP - Yozora no Mukou
3. SPEED - my graduation
4. Black Biscuits - Timing
5. Glay - Soul Love
6. Kiroro - Nagai Aida
7. L'arc En Ciel - Honey
8. Kinki Kids - Aisareru yori Aisaretai
9. Every Little Thing - Time Goes By
10. Kinki Kids - Zenbu Dakishimete / Ao no Jidai
11. Hide with Spread Beaver - Pink Spider
12. J-friends - A$hita ga Kikoeru / Children's Holiday
13. SPEED - All my True Love
14. L'arc en Ciel - Kasou
15. L'arc en Ciel - snow drop
16. SPEED - Alive
17. B'z - Home / The Wild Wind
18. Kinki Kids - Jet Coaster Romance
19. Mr. Children - Owarinaki Tabi
20. L'arc en Ciel - Shinshoku ~lose control~
21. Pocket Biscuits - Power
22. The Brilliant Green - There will be love there -Ai no Aru Basho-
23. Hide with Spread Beaver - ever free
24. Eiichi Ohtaku - Shiawase na Ketsumatsu
25. L'arc en Ciel - winter fall
26. L'arc en Ciel - Dive to Blue
27. L'arc en ciel - forbidden lover
28. Black Biscuits - Stamina
29. Luna Sea - Storm
30. T.M. Revolution - Hot Limit
31. Siam Shade - 1/3 no Junjou na Kanjou
32. B'z - Samayoeru Aoi Dangan
33. Hide with Spread Beaver - Rocket Dive
34. SPEED - White Love
35. Mr. Children - Nishi e Higashi e
36. Penicillin - Romance
37. Every Little Thing - Face the Change
38. Shazna - Sweet Heart Memory
39. Southern All Stars - Love Affair ~Himitsu no Date
40. Masaharu Fukuyama - Heart/you
41. Hide with Spread Beaver - Hurry Go Round
42. Namie Amuro - Dreaming I was Dreaming
43. Shazna - White Silent Night/ Shelly
44. Rica Matsumoto - Mezase Pokemon Master
45. Kohmi Hirose - promise
46. My Little Lover - Destiny / Naked
47. Globe - Wanna be a Dreammaker
48. Kiroro - Mirai E
49. Luna Sea - I for You
50. Judy and Mary - Sanpo Michi

1. K.Shimizu , A.Shigemori etc. - Dango 3 Kyoudai
2. Glay - Winter, again
3. Ayumi Hamasaki - A (monochrome,too late,Trauma,End roll)
4. Ryuichi Sakamoto- energy flow (Ura BTTB)
5. Hikaru Utada - Automatic / time will tell (12cm)
6. Hikaru Utada - Addicted to You
7. Morning Musume - Love Machine
8. Glay - Be With You
9. L'arc en Ciel - Heaven's Drive
10. Kinki Kids - Flower
11. Ayumi Hamasaki - Boys & Girls
12. Something Else - Last Chance
13. Dragon Ash - Grateful Days
14. Glay - Kokode wa Nai, Dokoka E
15. Glay - Survival
16. Hikaru Utada - Movin'on without you (12cm)
17. Ami Suzuki - Be Together
18. Hiro - As Time Goes By
19. B'z - Giri Giri Chop
20. Kinki Kids - Ame no Melody/to Heart
21. Sugar Soul feat. Kenji - Garden
22. Hikaru Utada - automatic / time will tell
23. Arashi - A RA SHI
24. L'arc En Ciel - Pieces
25. Dreams Come True - Asa ga Mata Kuru
26. Dragon Ash - Let yourself go, Let myself go
27. Hysteric Blue - Haru ~spring~
28. Koshi Inaba - Tooku made
29. Namie Amuro - I have Never Seen
30. Ayumi Hamasaki - Love ~Destiny~/Love ~since 1999~
31. Kinki Kids - Yamenaide, Pure/Baby Love
32. SPEED - Precious Time
33. Kinki Kids - Happy Happy Greeting / Cinderella Christmas
34. Dragon Ash - I (Love) Hip Hop
35. Hysteric Blue - Naze...
36. SPEED - Breakin' out to the Morning
37. Takako Uehara - my first love
38. 19 Juuku - Ano Kami Hikouki Kumori Zora Watte
39. Sentimental Bus - Sunny Day Sunday
40. Ringo Sheena - Honnou
41. Ami Suzuki - White Key
42. Hikaru Utada - First Love (12cm)
43. Namie Amuro - Respect the Power of Love
44. SPEED - Long Way Home
45. L'arc En Ciel - Love Flies
46. the brilliant green - Sono Speed De
47. Ami Suzuki - Our Days
48. Mr. Children - Hikari no Sasu Hou E
49. Black Biscuits - Bye Bye ~Bye Bye~
50. Ami Suzuki - Nothing Without You
nakoruru, Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:40 pm
Wow! Thanks a lot! This is a great way discover new music.

Too bored to do romaji right now but I might help later - if someone else doesn't step in to help.
animejpop, Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:47 pm
Awesomeness, thank you muchly If unicode kanji listings are available, those will make it much easier to romanize these ^^
Ayumi_85, Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:38 pm
OMG, thank you so much!!!! You just made my day! This is awesome! Thanks T.T

Well, this is my little contribution and it's all I can do because I don't know japanese. If anyone knows japanese, please complete the list. Thanks

COMPLETED thanks to oceansportrait, j1m0ne and animejpop

1.Mr. Children ? Namonaki Uta
2.globe ? DEPARTURES
3.Toshinobu Kubota with Naomi Campell ? LA.LA.LA LOVE SONG
4.Spitz ? Cherry
5.Mr. Children ? Hana ?Memento Mori ?
6.Spitz ? Sora mo Toberu hazu
7.Southern All Stars ? Ai no Kotodama ~Spiritual Message ~
8.Tomomi Kahala ? I?m proud
9.Namie Amuro ? I don?t wanna cry
10.Namie Amuro ? Chase the chance
11.B?z ? Mienai Chikara ~INVISIBLE ONE
12.B?z ? Real Thing Shakes
13.Namie Amuro ? You?re my sunshine
14.Seiko Matsuda ? Anata ni aitakute ~Missing You~
15.Puffy ? Asia no Junshin
16.Puffy ? Korega Watashi no Ikiru Michi
17.MY LITTLE LOVER ? Alice
18.JUDY AND MARY ? Sobakasu
19.Zard ? My Friend
20.Celine Dion ? TO LOVE YOU MORE
21.Sharan Q ? Iiwake
22.Fumiya Fujii ? Another Orion
23.Nanase Aikawa ? Koi gokoro
24.Maki Ohguro ? Atsukunare
25.Koji Tamaki ? Denen
26.YEN TOWN BAND ? Swallowtail Butterfly ~Ai no Uta~
27.Tomomi Kahala ? save your dream
28.SMAP ? Aoi Inazuma
29.Spitz ? Nagisa
30.Pocket Biscuits ? YELLOW YELLOW HAPPY
31.GLAY ? BELOVED
32.Zard ? Kokoro wo Hiraite
33.Mr. Children ? Machine gun wo buttobase ? Mr. Children Bootleg -
34.Masahiko Kondo ? Midnight Shuffle
35.H jungle with t ? FRIENDSHIP
36.Ulfuls - Gats Daze!!!
37.SMAP ? Hadaka no Ousama-Shibutoku Tsuyoku
38.Tomomi Kahala ? I BELIEVE
39.THE YELLOW MONKEY ? JAM / TACTICS
40.GLAY ? Glorious
41.globe ? Can?t Stop Fallin? in Love
42.THE YELLOW MONKEY ? SPARK
43.globe ? Is this love
44.FIELD OF VIEW ? DAN DAN Kokoro Hitareteku
45.SPEED ? BODY & SOUL
46.Ulfuls ? Banzai-Suki de yokatta
47.X JAPAN ? Forever Love
48.Tamio Okuda ? E-ju Rider
49.SMAP - Munasawagi wo Tanomuyo
50.Sharan Q ? My Babe Kimi ga Nemurumade
51.Tomoyasu Hotei ? Last Scene
52.Sharan Q - Namida no Kage
53.dos ? Baby Baby Baby
54.TRF ? Love & Peace Forever
55.Mayo Okamoto ? FOREVER
56.Kyousuke Himuro ? STAY
57.globe ? FREEDOM
58.Kyousuke Himuro ? SQUALL
59.Yuki Uchuda ? Shiawase ni Naritai
60.Original Love - Primal
61.THE ALFEE ? LOVE NEVER DIES
62.cousin ? Fuyu no Fantasy
63.V6 ? MADE IN JAPAN
64.Namie Amuro ? SWEET 19 BLUES
65.globe ? SWEET PAIN
66.Maki Ohguro - Aa
67.rats & star ? Yume de Aetara
68.Yumi Matsutoya - Rinbukyoku
ClearBlueWater
QUOTE (HipHop-Girlz @ Feb 1 2006, 10:04 PM)
I just wanna know what you guys prefer listening to: Korean Rock or HipHop, and or Japanese Rock or Hip Hop?

For me I prefer listening to Korean HipHop and Japanese Rock. I dunno, but I heard more Korean HipHop than Japanese, and more Japanese Rock than Korean.
For example, the only rock band I know/heard from Korea is 'The TRAX' (they're actually pretty good) but that's about it.  icon_wink.gif

id have to say i agree with you... korean hiphop, jrock
Zezei
http://www.youtube.com/w/Gackt---Luna-%28l...ch=Gackt%20luna

small, in a live-house, but awesome nonetheless
blob
Japanese for sure.
Korean music is generally so lame and cliche. At least there's more variety in Japanese music and some form of originality does exist.
vanggirlie
are you talking about pop/hip hop or real underground hip hop. i listen to korean pop/hip hop. i'm not much of a rocker...especially rock where the guys dress in goth feminine way.
Jt (mongolian)
well i think japanese koreans hip hop is not really hip hop if you know hip hop well you will know sound is diff. korean hip hop sound like more r&b.
japanese hip hop like mixed with rock so i don't think korea japanese ppls doesnt know what real hip hop mean or they really don't care what kind of hip hop style is so i'm not gonna recommend on both countrys hip hop style it's just not hip hop ok cool30.gif
mngchic
Korean Hip Hop...don't listen to rock that much!
Mua
i find korean hip hop is very unique in its way, dynamic duo, very unique style, also drunken tiger has some special thing going on
HipHop-Girlz
QUOTE (blob @ Feb 5 2006, 06:33 PM)
Japanese for sure.
Korean music is generally so lame and cliche. At least there's more variety in Japanese music and some form of originality does exist.

It is? It's not just Korean, Japanese have cliche music too. Basically both countries have music that has some form of originality in their songs and some that we heard before.

But I dunno, maybe you just like Japanese music better.
HipHop-Girlz
QUOTE (vanggirlie @ Feb 6 2006, 01:53 AM)
are you talking about pop/hip hop or real underground hip hop.  i listen to korean pop/hip hop.  i'm not much of a rocker...especially rock where the guys dress in goth feminine way.

I mean any form of Hip Hop, doesn't matter. Underground or not, hiphop is hiphop to me. So, yeah.

I like Rock but it has to be Alternative Rock, because it has more of a rhythem. Metal Rock and anything hard-core doesn't seem to work well with me, lol. icon_wink.gif
HipHop-Girlz
QUOTE (Jt (mongolian) @ Feb 6 2006, 03:08 AM)
well i think japanese koreans hip hop is not really hip hop if you know hip hop well you will know sound is diff. korean hip hop  sound like more r&b.
japanese hip hop like mixed with rock so i don't think korea japanese ppls doesnt know what real hip hop mean or they really don't care what kind of hip hop style is so i'm not gonna recommend on both countrys hip hop style it's just not hip hop ok  cool30.gif

Not all japanese hiphop music have rock in them, but i know what you mean though. I've heard many recently too.

Like for example, have you heard about the hiphop japanese group, 'Kick the Can Crew'? By far, I haven't heard anything related to rock in their music, just straight hiphop (sometimes maybe old-school hiphop).
yonsama
It's sad that people judge a country's music by simply listening to commercial albums. To really judge a country's music scene as a hole, you'll have to dig further into the indie/underground music scenes where you'll find a whole new respect for k/j-hiphop k/j-rock.

I used to be in loooooooove with the Visual bands... but then the more I listened to rock music from all over, I soon realized that Visual bands were nothing but show. There are a few visual bands I still respect to this day but when I see all these other bands, I just laugh and feel kind of embarrassed to have once thunk that these bands were better than American ones embarassedlaugh.gif.
Adee
QUOTE (yonsama @ Feb 7 2006, 01:00 PM)
I used to be in loooooooove with the Visual bands... but then the more I listened to rock music from all over, I soon realized that Visual bands were nothing but show. There are a few visual bands I still respect to this day but when I see all these other bands, I just laugh and feel kind of embarrassed to have once thunk that these bands were better than American ones embarassedlaugh.gif.

I totally agree, I think visual kei is going down hill.
Zezei
I'm not really into visualkei-bands myself. don't like their acts, and they seem to be more important than their music.

but mainstream or not so mainstream (yet) japanese rockmusic or the rockscene is great and divers.

dir en grey makes good, original music, despite their 'visualkei'-ness.

=======
Die

Guitar
Kaoru

Guitar
Kyo

Vocals
Shinya

Drums
Toshiya

Bass

I will say this right away: Dir en grey is an acquired taste of the extreme kind. Hearing the "wrong" songs first can quickly build preconceptions and qualms if one is not use to such spicy music. Now that this is out of the way, let the praising begin!

Anyone that leaves his or her taboos out the door is bound to fall for the disturbing charm of Dir en grey. Very few songs manage to leave me shaking on the floor in foetal position but many of their creations have that particular effect. Originality is once again the name of the game and even if it is hard to notice it at first, this band splendidly diversifies its repertoire but always keeps the intensity present. That intensity is sometimes pushed to the edge in their more offensive songs such as Zan, yet such an insane pandemonium of sound still rubs me the right way when I feel like letting off some steam or simply bask in a storm.

One of the most versatile instruments in Dir en grey’s arsenal is Kyo’s voice, which ranges from whispering to hysterical, sometimes leaping between the two every few seconds. Raw and hard to endure, his touch has a deep impact on the psychological effect of their songs. Even if a stereo cannot emulate the energy he displays on stage, his voice and words certainly overcompensates for that misfortune.

It is, however, the bass, played by Toshiya, that I tend to prefer in DeG’s music. Habitually fast and always fluctuating, his lines are one of the main reasons his band stands above the crowd, and that his talent remains hardly rivalled. There are of course plenty of other reasons, notably called Shinya, Kaoru and Die.

Shinya's androgynous ways are reminiscent of many famous Japanese musicians and while she... he is far from being able to perform the exploits of his alter-ego and mentor, Yoshiki of X Japan, his drumming is nothing short of amazing. The two guitars have been improving immensely throughout the years and have now reached a peak in excellence. There is no lead or accompanying guitar in their case; both are equally present and skilful. Where Kaoru has the edge, however, is in music composition. He wrote or co-wrote most of Dir en grey’s songs but I must commend the band for their individual participation in music. Many groups’ success rests on the imagination of a single member but every member of this one wrote, at the very least, one song I adore.

It first seems as if DeG appeared out of nowhere. Their popularity surely came briskly but the band was not at its first steps when they reached the top. Formally known as La:Sadies, Dir en grey was officially announced in 1997 when Toshiya joined the group. They then released their first mini-album, Missa, which contained six songs including the now popular Garden and Erode.

I have said it before and I will say it again: Yoshiki from X Japan knows how to spot talent. Taking the band under his wing and out of the underground touring as he did with GLAY, Dir en grey was now on the fast track of becoming one of Japan's most popular bands. Their subsequent albums, Gauze, Macabre and Kisou reached high positions on Japanese charts and gathered an unprecedented horde of fans from many different countries.

Hang on, the wait is almost over. Child Prey, Drain Away and Kasumi were not teasers but paved the road to Dir en grey new album, Vulgar, scheduled for September 10. It will contain a whooping fifteen tracks and is already available for pre-order. It might be a good idea to take advantage of this early announcement since initial pressings will contain a bonus DVD and will surely sell like hot cakes. However, please note these special editions cost a bit more and require a Region 2 encoded player.

Favourite Album:

Gauze

It could as well be Kisou or Macabre but I chose Gauze for the way it flows. Hits aside (since each album has its fair share), Gauze's mood slowly oscillates to display countless emotions and styles. Lyrics on this one are simply startling: Mazohyst of Decadence, for example, is a dark poem of how a child would view his own abortion.

Favourite Songs:

1. Cage
2. Mazohyst of Decadence
3. Zakuro
4. Raison d'etre
5. Myaku
6. Erode
7. Garden
8. Zan
9. Embryo
10. Akuro no oka

Why Cage?

OK, so I'm a sucker for bass guitar. This song is just Toshiya at his best with insane bass lines and a long, complex solo. You cannot blame a song for being more mainstream when it is that good.

=====

and l'arc en ciel is easy listenable

====

Hyde

Vocals

Ken

Guitar

Tetsu

Bass
Yukihiro

Drums

It is hard to have interest in contemporary Japanese culture without constantly coming across this notorious band. There was a time when their music and pictures were everywhere and now, even if things have been quieter on the L'Arc-en-Ciel (French for "The Rainbow") front, their music still echoes in sound systems across the world. Whether or not they decide to continue as a band, the mark they left on the the Japanese music scene is here to stay.

Judging from the reaction of hysterical schoolgirls, their pretty faces pictured in every Japanese magazine may have something to do with their fame but the keenest music aficionado can surely agree with the masses on this one. These guys can produce some the most addictive music in recent history, music you may have already heard in anime series like DNA², Great Teacher Onizuka and Rurouni Kenshin, and in movies such as Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within and the original version of The Ring.

Whatever the song in L'Arc-en-Ciel’s inventory, the bass never goes unnoticed. Without taking too much space, as a good bassist should, Tetsu uses complex and unpredictable lines that place him as one of the best players out there. As the band’s leader, he also composed some of their most well-liked songs including Blurry Eyes and Driver’s High. Ken, however, is the principal composer and the one responsible for heavier songs. He can, nonetheless, adapt his style to any of the member’s without losing his personal touch, which stands out to the highest degree in every song, regardless of its composer.

Even if Tetsu is the founder and official leader of the band, Hyde is without a doubt L'Arc-en-Ciel’s frontman. I have no objection to him receiving most of the credit, as he is an exceptionally talented singer and lyricist. After looking up translations of his words, I was given an entirely new perspective on songs I first interpreted as cheery and carefree. He sings his award-winning lyrics with much passion and tone variations no one should ever attempt in karaoke. Hyde was chosen as vocalist, yet singing is but a fraction of his abilities; do not be surprised to see him with a guitar or saxophone on stage.

Yukihiro had big shoes to fill after the departure of Sakura in 1997 since the former drummer and the band had come a long way together. My hat goes off to him, however, as he managed to build a strong presence within the group, imposing his softer style and calm attitude, poles apart from that of Sakura. Newer fans like myself did not have to face this drastic change but I can believe it was hard for early followers to adapt.

It all began in 1992 when Tetsu recruited Hyde, Hiro and Pero to form a group bearing the name of a movie he had just seen. A year later, when the band was starting to gain recognition playing in their hometown, Osaka, Hiro and Pero sequentially withdrew, obliging Tetsu to convince his long-time friend, Ken, to drop his studies in architectural design and to convert Sakura to L'Arc-en-Cielism, after seeing him drum in a Live House. In April 1993, the newly reformed band ruled the underground charts with their debut album, Dune.

This was, of course, merely the beginning as they steadily enlarged their fan base until Sakura, their erstwhile drummer, was arrested for heroin possession in 1997 and left. Too close to their dream to quit, the remaining members organized a new tour introducing Yukihiro, previously of Die in Cries, on the drums. The first of such concerts had a possible attendance of 56,000 and sold out in four minutes. Another record was set when they released two full albums, Ark and Ray, at once and saw them share the first two spots on Japanese charts. Their next record, Real, even though excellent, will unfortunately be know as Laruku's last album in a long, long time. Compilations, remixes, more compilations... Everyone seemed to be heading in different directions with their solo projects and the foul stench of disbandment was in the air.

However, the band members seem to have renewed their vows. One can almost call their Shibuya Seven days 2003 concerts in June a reunion tour and a new album from the band has been announced. That's the good news. The bad news is that this album is scheduled for release March 31, 2004! A lot can happen until then but L'Arc-en-Ciel's management seems very confident about this new start and even announced a nationwide tour in May of next year. In the mean time, a photo book and DVD of their week at Shibuya are to be expected.

Favourite Album:

Ark

Released in conjunction with Ray, Ark has a bit more zest than its brother. This album does not stand far above the others but its rather short length is balanced by some of the best music in L'Arc's history. Songs such as Butterfly's Sleep and Forbidden Lover are accompanied by experimental works like the Hawaiian-sounding Perfect Blue. I would even recommend this album over their "best-ofs"

Favourite Songs:

Shinjitsu to Gensou to

Dune

Loreley

Heaven's Drive

Butterfly's Sleep

Forbidden Lover

Dive to Blue

Blurry Eyes

And She Said...

Pieces

Why Shinjitsu to Gensou to?

To be honest, I'm having the hardest time deciding on my favourite Laruku song. It changes regularly but my choice stopped on Shinjitsu to Gensou to recently because I just love the intro and the vocals. This one showcases Ken over Tetsu but the latter's subtle work is imperative as usual.

===

====================

got it from the projectj-site, very old now.

I think Miyavi is funny, his 'coo quak cluck'-song or w/e it's called sounds weird and cool.
yonsama
I love dir en grey and they definately cut down on the visual-ness.
Miyavi is cool as well but some of his songs suck. I was surprised to hear that he was half korean embarassedlaugh.gif2.
Saint Legends
There are so many visual kei bands out there nowadays that its hard to keep up with all of them.

The better VK bands in my opinion:

X-Japan
Dir en grey (All-time fav...they've cut down on the VK look a bit, 'cept maybe Kyo...if anything, he goes for a more Euroguro look now)
Malice Mizer
Kagrra,
Gazette
Merry
Kagerou
Inugami Circus Dan
MUCC (they've cut down on the VK look too)
Raphael
DespairsRay
Schwarz Stein
Moi Dix Mois
Nightmare
Yellow_Skippa
I'ma all out fan for hip hop and rap...but it just ain't the j-style. I'd rather listen to one of their oldiest band, X-Japan. plus i wouldn't mind a bit of Glay.
jinp0ssible
Personally, I like both.
Zezei
fu-k

I forgot to mention LUNA SEA when talking about Jrock cry2.gif

LUNA SEA LUNA SEA LUNA SEA LUNA

rockon.gif bowdown.gif rockon.gif
neena
J-Rock!! i've only listened to Seo Taiji...he's the only thing that's good when it comes to korean music for me. J-rock...i love most japanese rock musicians. Especially, Laruku, miyavi, Dir en grey, x-japan, etc. i'm not into any kind of hip-hop.

my order of music for rock:
1. japanese
2. thai
3. american
4. korean
5. french
AzN-Romeo
QUOTE (HipHop-Girlz @ Feb 1 2006, 09:04 PM)

For example, the only rock band I know/heard from Korea is 'The TRAX' (they're actually pretty good) but that's about it.  icon_wink.gif

I like both Korean and Japanese Hip Hop. Not much of a Rocker myself.

Yea, The TRAX is pretty good, heard some of their music. Probably one of the few rock bands I ever liked or listened to.
AzN-Romeo
QUOTE (HipHop-Girlz @ Feb 1 2006, 09:04 PM)

Yea, The TRAX is pretty good, heard some of their music. Probably one of the few rock bands I ever liked or listened to.
Zezei
QUOTE (AzN-Romeo @ Feb 17 2006, 11:22 AM)

yes, of course, their producer is Yoshiki from X-Japan embarassedlaugh.gif
dynek
Japanese Rock and Hip Hop ....
toki
japanese rock seems more refined in some cases . but korean hiphop is better imo.
Minbak
Both are quite similar, not much different.

Depending on the look of the singers
Zezei
QUOTE (Minbak @ Feb 17 2006, 04:17 PM)
Both are quite similar, not much different.

Depending on the look of the singers

err. no icon_neutral.gif .

japanese musicscene is quite a bit different from korea's.

japanese has a wiiiide range of musicstyles and artists, groups, singers
rockscene is grand, different rockstyles

korea is like pop, hippop, hiphop, and a lot between.
but rockscene isn't that big or maybe they do have good underground bands.
but it seems young korean people like pop, hiphop, hippop, rnb the most.

=======
An interview with Se7en (from a japanese magazine E-PARA)

An interview with Se7en
From a Japanese magazine called "e-para" online at http://www.e-para.co.jp
February 23rd, 2005

Korean R&B idol singer Se7en released his maxi-single "Hikari" on February 23rd [(2 . 23) 2+2+3=7 (Se7en)]. To beat the rush we went to Seoul to meet this singer. We wondered if he'd be tired from all the preparation he is doing for his debut in Japan, but he met us with a very bright and cheerful smile and threw away any of our doubts.

"I became Seven so that everyone could enjoy luckiness~"
Se7en: "Yoroshiku onegai shimasu¡" [Japanese for "nice to meet you"]
~I thought his Japanese would be good, but these days he seems to constantly be with his Japanese teacher. Actually until about two months ago Se7en was made to do interviews without an interpreter, and now he seems to have improved to the stage where that would be no problem. I guess that young people pick up new things really fast~!!

Q: So I suppose you can read Japanese letters too?
I don't understand kanji (Chinese characters) but hiragana and katakana? I can read and write that much! I learn them by listening to music and reading along with the lyrics.

Q: By the way, where did the name "Se7en" come from?
I made it with the head of the company - YG Entertainment's Yan HyonSok - a former member of Seo Taiji & the Boys. Hoping to make everyone happy through me and my songs -­ that was the thinking behind it.

Q: Well we're happy that you're bringing that happiness to Japan now. You've already debuted in Japan! How do you feel about your Japanese single "Hikari"?
It is my first single in Japan so I tried to sing in the Japanese language and incorporate the J-pop style of music to make it more available to the Japanese public. After that I hope that the public can watch and enjoy my real style and dance.

Q: What do you mean by your "real style" that you just mentioned?
The song that I recorded at the same time as I was recording my Japanese single is called "Crazy" and it is my Korean style of music. The main characteristic of Se7en's music is a Hip-hop beat on top of a R&B song. Usually you think of Hip-hop and rap together, but I mix Hip-hop with a melodious song. In other words you can enjoy two styles at once. And up on the stage I not only dance, but I also add many other flavors to that mix. That is Se7en's style.
~Se7en hasn't been boxed into one genre of music, on top of the usual dance music he also adds many other styles to create a unique impression. We're sure that will be one of his strengths and charms here in Japan too.

Q: So you really love Japan?
Actually I lived in Japan in Meguro from March to May last year, so I like Meguro. Maybe it is because of the atmosphere¡­.and because my house is there so I particularly like the area around my house. But it sucks for shopping! There is nothing there! {laughs} So I'd go to Shibuya or Harajuku [famous shopping areas on Tokyo]. There was lots of great food there - sushi, curry, Korean-style meat~ I loved it so much!!!

Q: What's you favorite kind of sushi?
"Oo tori¡"..­. Ah, "oo toro! Ootoro!" [Fatty tuna] {silly grin} And eel and what-not..
~Making funny little mistakes like this in his Japanese language makes Se7en seem so mischievous. Or maybe...natural?!¡£He seems to make people feel at ease around him so quickly. He has the kind of personality that makes people feel comfortable around him straight away and you almost forget that he is a popular star!

Q: Seeing as you're coming and going between Japan and Korea, as you get to know more about Japan what are some of the differences you've felt between the two countries?
There aren't any differences. Huh? What is different? I think they are so alike, just the languages are different.
~His answer totally surprised us! We thought he'd say this is different and that is different, but nope. I guess what he was saying was actually quite deep. Japan and Korea, it is often said that these are two countries that are close yet far apart ­.Se7en's comments made us think change our views and think "yeah, I guess what he's saying is true!". But we can't help feeling that he's looking at things from a young person's point of view¡­.

Q: So what do you think of the young Japanese people?
Their styles are really popular in Korea! Well, I guess you could say they are all stylish and young Japanese people all have a strong sense of their own style, so that is really interesting. You know, things like "ganguro" and stuff. ["Ganguro" = Young girls in Japan who darken their skin and then put hideous white make-up round their eyes] {laughs}

Q: Wow, did you see "ganguro" girls too?!
Yes, I saw them. Actually I saw a lot of them! In places like Shibuya and Harajuku. At first I was so surprised! I was like "huh?!" But now I'm fine with it, yeah.

Q: How do you feel about having one of them as your girlfriend?
Their black skin (on their faces) is a bit of a problem! They've taken tanning to the stage where it is just plain ugly! {laughs} But I guess that is just their own style, so it is interesting...interesting¡...

Q: You seem to be very flexible in your thinking. So how about in your life as an entertainer? Like for example, have you ever thought about appearing in a drama or something as well as being a singer?
I don't really think like that at the moment. Because I'm a singer. I think I should concentrate on being a singer and my goal now is to be admired as a great singer. That takes all of my effort!
~It seems that Se7en is hanging his pride on being a singer right now and doing all he can to make it far on this road. A great singer, surely that also means that he plans to spread his wings to the world. His activities in Japan are the first link to going global. He truly conveyed that he is one to watch out for!~

Q: What plans do you have for 2005? I know that first you plan to debut in Japan¡­
I feel like I'm back to the debut singer's feelings again. I'm looking forward to living in Japan again. And I'm happy that many people are anticipating my Japanese debut. I plan to release my second Japanese single around May. And then I hope to release an album in Korea around autumn this year.

Q: Finally, do you have a message for the "e-para magazine" readers?
{In Japanese language Everyone, nice to meet you! I'm Se7en. I'm so happy to meet you. I'll try my best while I'm in Japan, so please help me out. Look out for me! And please support me!
~What can we say, he seems to be improving in his Japanese already~!
Se7en picked up a copy of the "e-para" magazine and said in Japanese, "Oh, this is free, isn't it?". Watching him come up with these words so naturally made us think that his activities in Japan are likely to just keep getting better and better. We're looking forward to Se7en this time, and let's all cheer him along!~

Translated by Goro-chan

===========
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.