Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why u abroad or live in out Indonesia
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > Asian Culture > Indonesian Chat
haqine
Just wondering.... icon_smile.gif
Why u abroad or live in out Indonesia ?
and since when ?
Astromantic
I've been living in the Netherlands for 2 years. I still live with my parents, and they have work here, so I followed. So far so good, but I miss Indonesia like hell. How about you? Where do you live?
haqine
I live in just around Indonesia.... never abroad.. icon_smile.gif
Now live in Bandung... biggthumpup.gif
testcubaanujian
my ancestor move to MAlaysia thats y im in malaysia.....aku ni masih lagi indo nga?? icon_confused.gif

Astromantic
So you're Indonesian by blood?
testcubaanujian
QUOTE (Astromantic @ Mar 5 2006, 02:17 AM) *
So you're Indonesian by blood?

yes..may i know ur ethnicity???
pancaindera
testcubaanujian warganegara malaysia atau indonesia?
testcubaanujian
QUOTE (pancaindera @ Mar 5 2006, 02:33 AM) *
testcubaanujian warganegara malaysia atau indonesia?

aku pun pening....aku warganegara kedua dua ajela... embarassedlaugh.gif2
pancaindera
QUOTE (testcubaanujian @ Mar 4 2006, 04:37 PM) *
aku pun pening....aku warganegara kedua dua ajela... embarassedlaugh.gif2

ehh. mana boleh. nono.gif
its either us (malaysia) or them (indonesia)....pilih!!
hehe. embarassedlaugh.gif2 gurau saja yah. biggthumpup.gif
testcubaanujian
aku mengisytiharkan diri gwa MALINDO biggthumpup.gif ....a Malaysian who has Indonesian blood.

wahhhh new word discovered by me eek.gif ...this is the greatest discovery ever ...jeng jeng jeng.... embarassedlaugh.gif2
Astromantic
QUOTE (testcubaanujian @ Mar 4 2006, 05:19 PM) *
yes..may i know ur ethnicity???

50% Javanese 50% Padangnese
biggthumpup.gif
sido
I moved out of indonesia when i was like 4 or 5 as a result of the decision my old man made. My old man did economics at univeristy and he studied the indonesian economy. He made a predicition that one day the bubble was going to burst because the way indonesian economy was growing back when suharto was in power didnt align with what was being taught and the way a countries ecomonic structure should actually grow, so he said sh!t we better move overseas incase it does happen cause when it does, it will all be down hill.

My old man left us for like 4 months where he spent 2 months in canada and 2 months in aus to decide where to move, he goes screw canada to cold and to far so we moved to australia instead. I have been living in australia for 20 years.
Astromantic
Tell us how you like or dislike Australia, tell us about the people, the weather and all the stuff. Do you often get discriminated by race? How was life when you first moved to OZ? Were you able to speak English back then?
sido
I love australia cause i grew up here and attribute alot of the things i have now because of it. There are things in australia that you know you will definitly miss when you live in indonesia. Thats the weather, the beaches, the fact that you can walk on the side of the road and there will be parks everywhere, no traffic jam and the stringent rules that are in place keep everything intact.

The people ... to tell you the truth I have never had a purely australian friend, all my friends are ethnic just like me but most of them moved wen they were 8,9,13 from their respective countries, some are overseas students, so for the most part i have been the one who has spent the most time in australia. But me and all my friends all have pure australian accents, very heavy embarassedlaugh.gif2 I have never ever been discriminated by race so its been good in that sense. The people here dont give a toss what you wear or the color of your skin unless you go to redneck land and there arent many of those people left around so there is quite a difference in mentality as well. Oh and it seems aussies are less keen on gossip then indonesians are.

The people are nice and relaxed but the funny thing is i just dont connect with the 'lets go to the pub for a beer mentality', lets sit around on a friday after work and chat about nothing, lets watch rugby leauge or lets watch the cricket, i just dont do any of that stuff thats probably why i dont have any australian friends.

When i first came i never remembered having to learn indonesian or english, i just remembered that when i got into kindergarten i could speak both indonesian and english. Maybe my parents spoke to me in both when i was younger but i never remembered a period where i had to learn either of the languages, i just got to know both of them.
Astromantic
QUOTE (sido @ Mar 4 2006, 07:20 PM) *
I love australia cause i grew up here and attribute alot of the things i have now because of it. There are things in australia that you know you will definitly miss when you live in indonesia. Thats the weather, the beaches, the fact that you can walk on the side of the road and there will be parks everywhere, no traffic jam and the stringent rules that are in place keep everything intact.

The people ... to tell you the truth I have never had a purely australian friend, all my friends are ethnic just like me but most of them moved wen they were 8,9,13 from their respective countries, some are overseas students, so for the most part i have been the one who has spent the most time in australia. But me and all my friends all have pure australian accents, very heavy embarassedlaugh.gif2 I have never ever been discriminated by race so its been good in that sense. The people here dont give a toss what you wear or the color of your skin unless you go to redneck land and there arent many of those people left around so there is quite a difference in mentality as well. On and it seems aussies are less keen on gossip then indonesians are.
The people are nice and relaxed but the funny thing is i just dont connect with the 'lets go to the pub for a beer mentality', lets sit around on a friday after work and chat about nothing, lets watch rugby leauge or lets watch the cricket, i just dont do any of that stuff thats probably why i dont have any australian friends.

When i first came i never remembered having to learn indonesian or english, i just remembered that when i got into kindergarten i could speak both indonesian and english. Maybe my parents spoke to me in both when i was younger but i never remembered a period where i had to learn either of the languages, i just got to know both of them.

Yep. When you're still a kid, it's easy to learn languages.
Australia sounds nice... I have this dream going to an architecture school in sidney (I really like architecture). My dad says they have good universities there, and best of all, it's close to Indonesia embarassedlaugh.gif . I can visit Indonesia every holiday... not like in here I have to wait at least 2 years (or 1 year) to go back icon_neutral.gif
Aranadhel
I am a mix of both countries.. My father is Malaysian my mom is Indonesian.. I was born in Jakarta ( my birth cert is Indonesian ) but I was registered as a Malaysian citizen by my father.. moved to KL when I was around 3 & has lived in KL ever since.. My mom's family is still around in Jakarta.. I do go back when time permits.. usually during lebaran.. Im very proud of my Indonesian blood.. all my frens know me as this.. & they respect that.. I'd die defending thse two countries.. so tht makes me Melayu Nusantara. icon_wink.gif biggthumpup.gif
purnomor
I was born and raised in Indonesia, but have been living in Australia for the past four years studying..
purple
my dad moved to Australia when he was 18. so it's my dads fault.
Tuanku_Nan_Rencah
ur dad can see what sido's dad predicted maybe
glad to see u ppl still have some fond of the country icon_smile.gif
i went to study abroad to find out who am i and what i wanna be and some adventure
jason76
Born and raised in Australia mate! Anyone tell you that they don't like it here must not be getting out much or probaly haven't really seen Australia.
Bohemian
QUOTE (haqine @ Mar 4 2006, 04:22 PM) *
Just wondering.... icon_smile.gif
Why u abroad or live in out Indonesia ?
and since when ?

Because of work lah.. but I studied here before. beerchug.gif
purnomor
^ are there many indonesian students in eastern europe? i heard there are many indonesian students who got stranded there after being banned from returning to indonesia after the g30s/pki affair..
haqine
QUOTE (purnomor @ Mar 8 2006, 06:24 AM) *
^ are there many indonesian students in eastern europe? i heard there are many indonesian students who got stranded there after being banned from returning to indonesia after the g30s/pki affair..

I heard that too.
I'm feel sorry for the fams, especially for the grandchildren who are not deserve a treatment like that icon_confused.gif

QUOTE (purple @ Mar 5 2006, 11:50 AM) *
my dad moved to Australia when he was 18. so it's my dads fault.

embarassedlaugh.gif
By the way, purp why u did'nt answer my question about what ur ethnic icon_sad.gif
But it's ok if u still don't want to answer that icon_smile.gif
gula_jawa
well..i came to aussie when i was 3 yrs of age...i guess to find better opportunities.
testcubaanujian
QUOTE (gula_jawa @ Mar 12 2006, 09:32 AM) *
well..i came to aussie when i was 3 yrs of age...i guess to find better opportunities.

what oppurtunities?

mau find cowok yang lebih tampan yach? icon_wink.gif
Astromantic
Mbak Gula kok bisa lancar banget boso jowonya? Di rumah ngomongnya bahasa jawa yah?
gula_jawa
QUOTE (testcubaanujian @ Mar 12 2006, 04:33 PM) *
what oppurtunities?
mau find cowok yang lebih tampan yach? icon_wink.gif

tau aja loe embarassedlaugh.gif2

nah man dat not the reason.. well my parents thought live will be better in aus i guess.. and more job opportunities also.

QUOTE (Astromantic @ Mar 12 2006, 05:30 PM) *
Mbak Gula kok bisa lancar banget boso jowonya? Di rumah ngomongnya bahasa jawa yah?

ora.. dih rumah kita pakeh bhs jkt... tapi my aunties and my grandmother speak jawa.. and when i was in indo i learnt some jawa words from listening to them talk..and also i still keep in contact with my friends in jawa .. and when they talk to me.. they speak jawa also.
GluTTony
My Parents(dad) Works in Singapore so I live here beerchug.gif when i was Kindergarten until 6th grade I was at Cayman Islands
Aranadhel
QUOTE (GluTTony @ Mar 12 2006, 06:38 PM) *
My Parents(dad) Works in Singapore so I live here beerchug.gif when i was Kindergarten until 6th grade I was at Cayman Islands

Well Im basically half Indo & was born in Jakarta. But my dad ( who is a Malaysian ) registered me as a Malaysian too & I came back to KL when I was around 3 - 4 & have been here ever since.
tengkuafif
QUOTE (Aranadhel @ Mar 13 2006, 01:55 AM) *
Well Im basically half Indo & was born in Jakarta. But my dad ( who is a Malaysian ) registered me as a Malaysian too & I came back to KL when I was around 3 - 4 & have been here ever since.

Your parents have made a good decision for the sake of your future.
purnomor
^ how do u know that? sure.gif

QUOTE (GluTTony @ Mar 12 2006, 05:38 AM) *

Cayman Islands!! WHat is it like there??
GluTTony
QUOTE (purnomor @ Mar 13 2006, 03:35 AM) *
^ how do u know that? sure.gif
Cayman Islands!! WHat is it like there??

Issss Beautifull love2.gif love2.gif love2.gif Bali Beaches are Nothing to the Beaches in Cayman Island biggthumpup.gif the Beaches are not dirty at all. not one single tree Branch here's Seven Mild Beach:

My dad use to Work in Bank BNI Cayman and I was there for 6 years!!! too bad the Economy Crisis Struck and the Bank BNI Branch in Cayman had to be closed. but the Bank Mandiri Branch in Cayman Island in still there
I use to live in an Condo near the Beach. sigh I miss it bawling.gif bawling.gif

GrandView Condo Where I used to live damn I miss Swimming There bawling.gif

Pada
Waa .. never knew soo many indo is in australia .. anyone in brisbane? how come everyone is at sydney or melbourne .. i guess thats the only 2 places that they advertise back there ... T.T
purnomor
^ yaay.. fellow brisbanite.. i was in brisbane for the past 3 years.. now i'm in wollongong near sydney..
gula_jawa
QUOTE (GluTTony @ Mar 13 2006, 01:06 PM) *

Issss Beautifull love2.gif love2.gif love2.gif Bali Beaches are Nothing to the Beaches in Cayman Island biggthumpup.gif the Beaches are not dirty at all. not one single tree Branch here's Seven Mild Beach:

My dad use to Work in Bank BNI Cayman and I was there for 6 years!!! too bad the Economy Crisis Struck and the Bank BNI Branch in Cayman had to be closed. but the Bank Mandiri Branch in Cayman Island in still there
I use to live in an Condo near the Beach. sigh I miss it bawling.gif bawling.gif

is that place far from indo?

QUOTE (Pada @ Mar 13 2006, 11:06 PM) *
Waa .. never knew soo many indo is in australia .. anyone in brisbane? how come everyone is at sydney or melbourne .. i guess thats the only 2 places that they advertise back there ... T.T

so ur in brisbane aye?... is there many indos there?
GluTTony
biggthumpup.gif
QUOTE (gula_jawa @ Mar 14 2006, 06:57 AM) *
is that place far from indo?

its below Cuba near Jamaica in the Carrabien Sea biggthumpup.gif
haqine
QUOTE (GluTTony @ Mar 13 2006, 09:06 AM) *

Wow... beautiful love2.gif biggthumpup.gif
XxRyoChanxX
not bad...
but I prefer bali hehe
iinkwan
hm...now in singapore...been 4 yrs here now. from studying until working rite now. Why? err...no idea either. have been in Malaysia-Pulau Pinang for my HS in 1998 (bcoz of the riot) so just further my study in Singapore. Of course miss indon so much esp the foods and my family...
purnomor
Where are you from in Indonesia? Medan?
Astromantic
QUOTE (XxRyoChanxX @ Mar 19 2006, 11:15 PM) *
not bad...
but I prefer bali hehe

You're damn right Bali is better.. embarassedlaugh.gif2
Mangafan2
QUOTE (Astromantic @ Mar 4 2006, 04:33 PM) *
I've been living in the Netherlands for 2 years. I still live with my parents, and they have work here, so I followed. So far so good, but I miss Indonesia like hell. How about you? Where do you live?

Really? wow, what kind of job do your parents have to move all the way to the Netherlands for that?

I always lived in Holland but my dad was born in Jakarta and moved to Den Haag (The Hague) and then met my mom and here I am lol.
iinkwan
QUOTE (purnomor @ Mar 20 2006, 10:42 PM) *
Where are you from in Indonesia? Medan?

err..u are asking me??? hehe... yes i am from Medan but moved to Jakarta in 1999. Haven't been to Medan since 2002. -_-" Are u from Medan too?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.