Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why some Mexicans think they are better than other minorities?
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > Asian Culture > Other Culture
lostn
Seriously, even if you are married to one of their women and try to be friendly to the in-laws, some of them just hate you cuz you are Asian. You subtly feel it. The thing I don't get is that they are dirt poor and some are even illegal. Many of them look too Amerindian to pass for white. Yet, they believe they got a little more white in them compared to Asians and blacks. This cheap pride thing from them i don't get. They still have not learned from all this anti-illegal immigration backlash yet.
jason76
Oh man, you wasted space for this?....damn
Suijen
You think Mexicans think they're a better minority? I'm going to have to point and laugh at that statement.

If there's any minority that thinks they're hot $hit, it's the model minorities.
Alraune
QUOTE(Suijen @ Apr 21 2006, 11:53 AM) [snapback]1773626[/snapback]

You think Mexicans think they're a better minority? I'm going to have to point and laugh at that statement.

If there's any minority that thinks they're hot $hit, it's the model minorities.

Good boy... laugh.gif
Jasel
The same reason blacks think they're better than every minority and the same reason Asians think they're better than every minority. None of the three can accept the fact that they all fu-king suck.
Alraune
QUOTE(Jasel @ Apr 21 2006, 11:58 AM) [snapback]1773642[/snapback]

The same reason blacks think they're better than every minority and the same reason Asians think they're better than every minority. None of the three can accept the fact that they all fu-king suck.

Ya'll can still look in awe at the white man...j/k...
Jasel
It's pretty much the truth. You have minorities b!tching at each other just as much if not more than they do at white people. It's pathetic. And all of them sitting around trying to convince themselves how they're such a huge threat to white people which is why everyone hates them. GMAFB. The truth is no minority in this country is doing any better than any other. You can take strengths for each race in this country which they will herald as the one trait that sets them above the rest, and it's immediately offset by some weakness which pretty much tosses the strength out the window. It's completley idiotic.
soro_i
QUOTE(lostn @ Apr 21 2006, 03:16 AM) [snapback]1772557[/snapback]
Seriously, even if you are married to one of their women and try to be friendly to the in-laws, some of them just hate you cuz you are Asian. You subtly feel it. The thing I don't get is that they are dirt poor and some are even illegal. Many of them look too Amerindian to pass for white. Yet, they believe they got a little more white in them compared to Asians and blacks. This cheap pride thing from them i don't get. They still have not learned from all this anti-illegal immigration backlash yet.

confused.gif

My first 3 gf in US were Mexican, Venezuela and Chicana... I got along with their friends and families very well... Even now, I keep in touch with them when I go to LA or Vegas.

It could be your attitude or maybe your look... Latinas and Latinos are very big on look.

BigGunn
QUOTE(lostn @ Apr 21 2006, 12:16 AM) [snapback]1772557[/snapback]

Mexicans look down upon anything that isnt white. But whites look down upon Mexicans.
lostn
I just observed that Mexicans and some Central Americans look down upon themselves too (in a racial way). The ones who look like pure Indians (ie Aztecs, Mayas) are often shunned and told that their "Chino" (ie Asiatic-Native American) looks are undesirable. Then you got the Mextizos (who look Arabic IMO) and they are the ones who are little bit more desirable than those Mexicans with Indio looks. But, the ones who can pass for white or Italian always are the most desirable. You see it in their dating patterns. The Mexican guys who look more Indio often have a tougher time finding dates, while those who look more white get faster and easier dates.

Maybe that is why when some Latina women see an Asian guy, it reminds her of the Indio looks?
BigGunn
QUOTE(lostn @ Apr 23 2006, 10:39 PM) [snapback]1782412[/snapback]

I just observed that Mexicans and some Central Americans look down upon themselves too (in a racial way). The ones who look like pure Indians (ie Aztecs, Mayas) are often shunned and told that their "Chino" (ie Asiatic-Native American) looks are undesirable. Then you got the Mextizos (who look Arabic IMO) and they are the ones who are little bit more desirable than those Mexicans with Indio looks. But, the ones who can pass for white or Italian always are the most desirable. You see it in their dating patterns. The Mexican guys who look more Indio often have a tougher time finding dates, while those who look more white get faster and easier dates.

Maybe that is why when some Latina women see an Asian guy, it reminds her of the Indio looks?

who knows and who cares.
juwanFromTaiwan
QUOTE(lostn @ Apr 24 2006, 01:39 AM) [snapback]1782412[/snapback]

You sir are biggthumpup.gif It's the dellusional culture called "Hispanic / Latino" I'm glad you see what I see but Im sure there are more people that observe this. The Mestizos do look like Middle-Eastern. You're right. Hence why illegals from Hispanic Countries are considered Code Red.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.