QUOTE(Fable @ May 22 2006, 05:08 PM) [snapback]1875531[/snapback]
Hey guys, I need a convincing argument that I won't contract some deadly disease or something over in Vietnam. Because some people think that I'll get sick and die from bird flu or something... Give me some statistics and stuff so I can prove that it's safe haha.
My trip to Vietnam hangs in the balance!!!
there are horror stories like people dyed old meat red to make look new, or used deadly chemical on vegetables etc.... but its rare to hear this kind of stories in the city.
Here what I did when I went back last November:
1. Don't eat birds (chicken) just to be safe. I have a crazy friend went back and ate "tiet canh(raw blood of chicken/duck). He's crazy and the locals think so too.
2. Eat cooked/hot foods. Ate "pho" alot over there when I was in the city.
3. Eat around tourist places if you can or eat a meal made by your relatives(if you trust them enough).
4. Drink bottled water and if can drink beer, drink it at everymeal. Its good!
5. Take all the necessary shots before you go.
6. and enjoy your trip. Actually, foods over there are VERY good. Sometimes I just forget all the basic rules.
Unrelated to foods: watch your belongings at the airport, check ALL your stuff before you get to the airport, carefull with things people ask you to bring back home......
Don't get too paranoid with all these things. Vacations suppose to be fun and enjoyable. Fun and amazement should outweigh all these "concerns".