Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: pure thai and khmers look the same
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > Asian Culture > Cambodian / Khmer Chat
Pages: 1, 2, 3
nangsbek
most people will say they look diffrent, but if both is pure, they'll look like each other. there is very little distintion between SEA.
nombaingsachko
we dont look the same bro..
nangsbek
QUOTE(nombaingsachko @ Jun 17 2006, 08:22 PM) [snapback]1963600[/snapback]

well, very simmiliar. same facial features, same underskin tone, thais seem to be titsy bit taller.
slint
QUOTE(nombaingsachko @ Jun 17 2006, 07:22 PM) [snapback]1963600[/snapback]

to the westerners we all look the same even all white people look the same. can you tell the difference between a black person from america and a black person from jamaica or west africa? there are black people that i know thinks that all black do not look the same, but i can not tell the difference between black people from africa and black from america. latinos have a very diverse look because they can look white, black, amerindian , mestizo ,and asian. they have mixed ancestry. biggrin.gif biggthumpup.gif
Sirikittong
Pure Tai/Thai and Khmers are a totally different ethnic group; the Khmers are austroasiatic peoplese whereas we Thais are Mongo-southern sinids that were originally from the southern plains of what is now modern day China. Totally different facial phenotypes and original language are totally different; tonal etc.

I suggest you read and understand phenotypic as well as genotypic differences before you make claims.
supernovasp
^^ lol sinids laugh.gif
slint
QUOTE(Sirikittong @ Jun 18 2006, 01:09 PM) [snapback]1965680[/snapback]

Pure Tai/Thai and Khmers are a totally different ethnic group; the Khmers are austroasiatic peoplese whereas we Thais are Mongo-southern sinids that were originally from the southern plains of what is now modern day China. Totally different facial phenotypes and original language are totally different; tonal etc.

I suggest you read and understand phenotypic as well as genotypic differences before you make claims.

khmers are mongloids not negroid , caucasoid , capoid or australoid. the westerners still thinks we look the same unless we are latinos or what ever biggrin.gif i guess you are ashamed of being a mongloid. even Amerindians are mongloids. you are probable white -washed or nigga -washed . i decided not not say you were black -washed because you might be ghetto. laugh.gif
Dara
I saw some footage of Thai folk in the countryside (it was during the floods) and they look just like average Khmer people in terms of physical features. They were pretty tanned compared to the average Thai you see in movies and televisins shows. Anyway, tan Thai peeps in the countryside don't look too different from average Khmers, their skin color is just slightly lighter.

In the city, a lot of Thai are mixed with Chinese, heck, most of them are probably pure Chinese, but practice Thai culture.
nangsbek
QUOTE(Sirikittong @ Jun 18 2006, 02:09 PM) [snapback]1965680[/snapback]

the austroasiatic people are largely asiatic in origin hence the name asiatic where austro means south. i don't know what thais are but if thai are mongo-sinid and originated in southern plains of china, so did the austroasiatic. Austroasiatic people originated in china and spread to southeast asia 200 b.c. modern khmer are largely simmiliar to people of southern china

mon-khmer people
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Point_Dexter
This discussion comes with no foundatoin.

Thai=Nationality
Khmer=Ethnic

YOU CANT COMPARE THE 2. Apples vs. Oranges. And there is no freaken way you can label characteristics of nationality, especially one thats so diverse in composition as "Thai."

Siri.... Thai and Tai is not the same.
Sirikittong
QUOTE(Point_Dexter @ Jun 18 2006, 10:13 PM) [snapback]1966695[/snapback]

This discussion comes with no foundatoin.

Thai=Nationality
Khmer=Ethnic

YOU CANT COMPARE THE 2. Apples vs. Oranges. And there is no freaken way you can label characteristics of nationality, especially one thats so diverse in composition as "Thai."

Siri.... Thai and Tai is not the same.

That is generalist claim because the term 'Thai' does refer to nationality as well it can refer to a person of ethnic Dai/Tai origin depending on the context of use. It is the same for the term 'Khmer' as it can refer to peoples within Cambodia and in terms of ethnicity; it has been used before otherwise.

Nangsbek, you fail to undersand the original differences of the peoples, 'Thai' and 'Khmer'. First of all the Khmers, which are part of the Austro-Asiatic group were a group of mongoloid-like people that immigrated to what is now continental south east asia; and sometimes contested the same time with the Malay ethnics. However, the Mon/Khmer group had a high level of intermingling with the indigenous negroid peoples that once inhabited the region; claims and proof of this would be the precursor state of Angkor, Funan, which was documented by contemporary Chinese historians as having very dark features, curly hair etc; all the characteristics of the earlier negroids that inhabited the region.

When referring to the Thai, which is in this case a term used for nationality and ethnicity, as I reiterated before, it is different. The Thais are part of the long Dai/Tai culture that was quite preeminent in what is now modern day Yunnan Province of southern china, as we had an earlier precursor state called the Nanzhao Empire, before it was destroyed in the 13th century, along with other neighbouring states by the Mongols; thus forcing the great Tai diaspora into what is now south east asia; a land that has generally beein foreign to us until the 12-13th century when our southern migration forced us to adapt to the region and established states in the region; per se the Angkorian state, which we eventually dominated in time. Ethnic Tai/Dai (Thai/Lao/Shan) have a larger body form than that of the earlier peoples that were dominated in time such as the Mon and Khmer. Tai ethnics that compose the general bulk of the population in Thailand, Laos and eastern Myanmar are genotypically similar and have cultural affinities that are observed; given that they adopted and molded into pre-existing cultures of the mon and other hinduized state, the central Thais are the ones that heavily adopted both mon and khmer culture--I have explained this in lengthy posts in the Thai Chat-History; refer to that thread. I will aquiesce that there are great similarities between the two peoples 'Thai' and 'Khmer', but there are also vast differences that lay deep inside each other's history. The Khmers seem to be a people of the south; as there is a lacking documentation of their preexisting states besides funan/angkor, however for the Thais, they were a product of the massive Tai migration to the south, of which had an original empire-state for centuries in what is now Yunnan, whose territories and domains stretched to that of northern Burma, Tibet, and peripheries. There is a great difference.

@ Dara. There are light skinned, tan skinned, and dark skinned Thai nationals. When you go to the north, the thais there are quite light skinned as the original Tais were light skinned, central thais usually are light to tan skinned, and there are darker thai nationals that have khmer/mon origin; as well as in the south, they are Malay-Thais that are the same skin tone as that of the Khmer. We're talking about a country of 70 million here, so of course theres going to be alot of variances, its not like cambodia where it only has 10+ million people.
Ream Bong
14+millions biggthumpup.gif if Cambodia got no war we would have been double or even more thank. icon_wink.gif
Viesnabotkampujia
We are more than 20 millions plus khmer krom.
Sirikittong
lol thanks for your oppinion, Ream Bong and Tatsa, but I was referring to the Khmers in Cambodia. If you were counting all the khmers, then I would have to count other ethnic Tais such as the shans (5 million+), the laotians (6+ million) and then the Dai/Tai groups in China (10+ million) and of course modern day Thailand. So that gives us around 91 million ethnic Tais. Get my point?
Menikani
QUOTE(Sirikittong @ Jun 20 2006, 12:11 AM) [snapback]1969943[/snapback]

lol thanks for your oppinion, Ream Bong and Tatsa, but I was referring to the Khmers in Cambodia. If you were counting all the khmers, then I would have to count other ethnic Tais such as the shans (5 million+), the laotians (6+ million) and then the Dai/Tai groups in China (10+ million) and of course modern day Thailand. So that gives us around 91 million ethnic Tais. Get my point?

No fool. Khmer kroms are khmer in everyway, just that they live in Vietnam. Laotions, Shans, etc. just speaks a tai-related language.
Point_Dexter
^Now he's compareing a group to a singular ethnicity. Khmer Kroms are ethnic Khmers living in south Vietnam. It is an absolute grouping, not a gray area.

Siri likes to spin.....lol
Viesnabotkampujia
I could just give him a big knuckl sandwich. I forgot to add those pathetic khmer surin. Nah we should exclude them. They don't belong to us anymore. They think they are Thai now.
Ream Bong
QUOTE(Viesnabotkampujia @ Jun 20 2006, 02:39 PM) [snapback]1970164[/snapback]

I could just give him a big knuckl sandwich. I forgot to add those pathetic khmer surin. Nah we should exclude them. They don't belong to us anymore. They think they are Thai now.

That would make us 25+ millions eek.gif embarassedlaugh.gif
what about those in other countries biggrin.gif
I'm sure there are alot of people in the States and France laugh.gif
Sirikittong
Tatsa, why so antagonistic towards the Surin? Theres no need for that, bud.
Nikkie_nid
Hey Siri... back now

I do agree about the topic, although i never see pure Thai.
Sirikittong
Sup Nikki! Yea im glad to be back to the states again..lol. Hows cambodia??

Im a pure Thai icon_wink.gif Ayuthayan blood flows in my veins.

The Deed
QUOTE(Sirikittong @ Jun 20 2006, 01:25 PM) [snapback]1972505[/snapback]

Sup Nikki! Yea im glad to be back to the states again..lol. Hows cambodia??
Im a pure Thai icon_wink.gif Ayuthayan blood flows in my veins.

you look cambodian , i guess this answers that thais look like khmers biggthumpup.gif

IPB Image
IgotIt4Cheap
QUOTE(The Deed @ Jun 20 2006, 04:38 PM) [snapback]1972959[/snapback]

you look cambodian , i guess this answers that thais look like khmers biggthumpup.gif

IPB Image

that goes for Filipinos as well. biggrin.gif
The Deed
QUOTE(IgotIt4Cheap @ Jun 20 2006, 05:17 PM) [snapback]1973063[/snapback]

that goes for Filipinos as well. biggrin.gif

you're right like the aeta's biggrin.gif
DisneyLandGangsta
QUOTE(The Deed @ Jun 20 2006, 05:25 PM) [snapback]1973092[/snapback]

you're right like the aeta's biggrin.gif

What's an Aeta Ejay? please explain.
The Deed
QUOTE(DisneyLandGangsta @ Jun 20 2006, 05:28 PM) [snapback]1973106[/snapback]

What's an Aeta Ejay? please explain.

I don't who Ejay is but here is an aeta
Aeta
DisneyLandGangsta
QUOTE(The Deed @ Jun 20 2006, 05:32 PM) [snapback]1973119[/snapback]

I don't who Ejay is but here is an aeta
Aeta

Hey, aren't those the true Filipinos indigenous to the PIs? icon_confused.gif
The Deed
QUOTE(DisneyLandGangsta @ Jun 20 2006, 05:38 PM) [snapback]1973138[/snapback]

Hey, aren't those the true Filipinos indigenous to the PIs? icon_confused.gif

Yes that is true , but then again aeta's only constitute 1% of the Phillipines, I think there's more Khmers in Vietnam icon_sad.gif
The Deed
Double
Sirikittong
lol. I do not look like a Khmer, my face is less bracocephalic. My forehead formation and sharp facial phenotype is traditionally linked with Tai/Dai normalcy. I dont think I look like traditional khmers, maybe those khmers with thai ancestry, but no similarities with pure khmers. My facial features has the traditional central Thai features; primarily Ayuthayan (because I am Ayuthayan, lol).

Ah bahh humbug! ejay is here trying to start a flame. tsk..people dont change. sure.gif sure.gif Talktohand.gif
DisneyLandGangsta
QUOTE(The Deed @ Jun 20 2006, 05:49 PM) [snapback]1973182[/snapback]

Yes that is true , but then again aeta's only constitute 1% of the Phillipines, I think there's more Khmers in Vietnam icon_sad.gif

But the majority has Aeta blood, evident of their dark skin. icon_confused.gif

And stop playing that Vietnamese angle, I'm sure some of the viets members wont appreciate you trolling as one of them causing trouble with Khmers.
What's the matter? are you not proud to be Filipino anymore?
Lite Khmai
hey what about me. Do I look khmer? Im 95% khmer and 5% chinese. Im light because I take after my mom. My picture is in the sig. People think Im mix thumbsdown.gif
DisneyLandGangsta
You need to tone down your gay sig before the mods give you a warning.
Lite Khmai
QUOTE(DisneyLandGangsta @ Jun 20 2006, 03:25 PM) [snapback]1973300[/snapback]

You need to tone down your gay sig before the mods give you a warning.

hahah. Yeah I know it looks gay. laugh.gif I didnt know you can get a warning for that.

Im gonna change it
Sirikittong
Your body tone might be like your mom's but your facial phenotype is khmer and can even be mistaken for mon/malay.

The Deed
QUOTE(DisneyLandGangsta @ Jun 20 2006, 06:17 PM) [snapback]1973269[/snapback]

But the majority has Aeta blood, evident of their dark skin. icon_confused.gif

And stop playing that Vietnamese angle, I'm sure some of the viets members wont appreciate you trolling as one of them causing trouble with Khmers.
What's the matter? are you not proud to be Filipino anymore?

The Aetas were actually pushed into the mountains , so in fact there was very little mixing if at all with the majority malay populations, you're just saying that b/c khmers have the most negrito blood in all of south east asia thumbsdown.gif
DisneyLandGangsta
QUOTE(The Deed @ Jun 20 2006, 06:50 PM) [snapback]1973423[/snapback]

The Aetas were actually pushed into the mountains , so in fact there was very little mixing if at all with the majority malay populations, you're just saying that b/c khmers have the most negrito blood in all of south east asia thumbsdown.gif

Watch this guys...he's gonna crack. icon_smile.gif
slint
i don't care for those two ethnic group. i would not visit thailand or srok khmer because my relatives from cambodia has malaria and aids , and they warned me to stay away from cambodia. my relatives are lazy too icon_sad.gif
ham_let
QUOTE(The Deed @ Jun 20 2006, 07:50 PM) [snapback]1973423[/snapback]

oh my god. Talktohand.gif

warning given.
Dara
Just when you thought it was safe to come out and play....
chao_lao
QUOTE(nangsbek @ Jun 17 2006, 03:39 PM) [snapback]1963418[/snapback]

most people will say they look diffrent, but if both is pure, they'll look like each other. there is very little distintion between SEA.

QUOTE(Dara @ Jun 18 2006, 12:51 PM) [snapback]1965887[/snapback]

I saw some footage of Thai folk in the countryside (it was during the floods) and they look just like average Khmer people in terms of physical features. They were pretty tanned compared to the average Thai you see in movies and televisins shows. Anyway, tan Thai peeps in the countryside don't look too different from average Khmers, their skin color is just slightly lighter.

In the city, a lot of Thai are mixed with Chinese, heck, most of them are probably pure Chinese, but practice Thai culture.

once upon a time modern southeast asia was mainly inhabited by mon-khmer speaking people, then the tai people from their homeland in modern day china migrated into the mon-khmer peoples territory and assimilated into the mk culture. the tai speaking people were not as numerous as the natives so through time the tai people mixed and absorbed heavely mon and khmer blood. the native mon-khmer speaking people also assimilated into the tai culture and dropped their old language and practiced the much more political proper language called tai. the lowland thai population are genetically more related to the khmer of cambodia than to the tai of southern china and the lao people are also genetically more related to the mountain khmu. so what remains of the ancient tai is mainly just the ancient tai language, but the speakers are mostly the defeated assimialed native mon-khmer people.

the tai-nization of the mon-khmer people are still going on today, for example, the surin and korat people. 50-100 more years they will be speaking only tai language and will forget their khmer backround. this has been going on forever.the tai of thailand are not pure tai, to find a pure tai look at the zhuang, shui... other tai tribes that remained in their native land in the mountains that did not have much contact with other people.
supernovasp
QUOTE(chao_lao @ Jun 20 2006, 08:30 PM) [snapback]1973731[/snapback]

once upon a time modern southeast asia was mainly inhabited by mon-khmer speaking people, then the tai people from their homeland in modern day china migrated into the mon-khmer peoples territory and assimilated into the mk culture. the tai speaking people were not as numerous as the natives so through time the tai people mixed and absorbed heavely mon and khmer blood. the native mon-khmer speaking people also assimilated into the tai culture and dropped their old language and practiced the much more political proper language called tai. the lowland thai population are genetically more related to the khmer of cambodia than to the tai of southern china and the lao people are also genetically more related to the mountain khmu. so what remains of the ancient tai is mainly just the ancient tai language, but the speakers are mostly the defeated assimialed native mon-khmer people.

the tai-nization of the mon-khmer people are still going on today, for example, the surin and korat people. 50-100 more years they will be speaking only tai language and will forget their khmer backround. this has been going on forever.the tai of thailand are not pure tai, to find a pure tai look at the zhuang, shui... other tai tribes that remained in their native land in the mountains that did not have much contact with other people.

Actually the Zhuang and other Southern Chinese tribes itself is already mixed with Han Chinese. It's kind of sad that the assimilation to Han Chinese is growing very rapidly.
chao_lao
QUOTE(supernovasp @ Jun 20 2006, 05:45 PM) [snapback]1973758[/snapback]

Actually the Zhuang and other Southern Chinese tribes itself is already mixed with Han Chinese. It's kind of sad that the assimilation to Han Chinese is growing very rapidly.

yea, its pretty sad. the mixing between han and tai has been going on even before the migration to sea. despite the zhuang and han mixing, the zhuang still retain their distinct tai look.
supernovasp
QUOTE(chao_lao @ Jun 20 2006, 10:09 PM) [snapback]1973988[/snapback]

yea, its pretty sad. the mixing between han and tai has been going on even before the migration to sea. despite the zhuang and han mixing, the zhuang still retain their distinct tai look.

^^ I disagree, it's more like half and half.
Mizz_Luv3r
I come from a family of Thais, and my mother said the same thing...lol
She did tell me that pure Thais look Khmer. From looking at my grandfather's picture. He was a tall, pure, and dark Thai man, but doesn't look Khmer. My grandmother was more of a northern girl, and she flat out looks Chinese. She's very light skinned and etc...

To me, most Khmers have more rounded cheeks and rounded noses. There are some with sharper noses and more longer faces.

At the end, we are all ASIAN! So, lets stop comparing.
Sirikittong
Thanks for informing the readers a brief synopsis of tai ethnic anthropology, Chao. However, one thing that I have to say that there are still remnances of pure Tais in the region of central Thailand (not just the northern provinces). My father's side; primarily the relatives of my grandfather's side (Kittiyakara/Sirikittong/Suvarsatriphone) are primarily ethnic Tai ancestry. Many central Thais have a pure ethnic background that have not been tinted with intermingling with Khmer or Mon ancestry. Given, the Sirikittong line of my father's side had a relative that was an Indian Brahmin, besides that, no mon/khmer ancestry flows in our blood line. My mother's line is cantonese chinese; so there is no question there.

Not all Thais have khmer/mon ancestry; that is what I need to point out. Given, there are ethnic khmers living in Thailand that have Tai blood and speak Thai; but their numbers are not as substantial. The Bulk of south east asian Tais live in Thailand.
chao_lao
QUOTE(supernovasp @ Jun 20 2006, 07:41 PM) [snapback]1974077[/snapback]

^^ I disagree, it's more like half and half.

com'on, i have to disagree with you, half is way too much. maybe half in the city but not in the rural area where majority reside at. the majority of zhuang people do not look northern han at all but tai. what about the li of hainan, the shui, the dai, maonan, buyi, tay, nung, gelao, dong, mulao, northern lao? easy to tell...
chao_lao
QUOTE(Mizz_Luv3r @ Jun 21 2006, 12:00 AM) [snapback]1974873[/snapback]

I come from a family of Thais, and my mother said the same thing...lol
She did tell me that pure Thais look Khmer. From looking at my grandfather's picture. He was a tall, pure, and dark Thai man, but doesn't look Khmer. My grandmother was more of a northern girl, and she flat out looks Chinese. She's very light skinned and etc...

To me, most Khmers have more rounded cheeks and rounded noses. There are some with sharper noses and more longer faces.

At the end, we are all ASIAN! So, lets stop comparing.

sorry girl, but your mother has got it all wrong. what region is your grandfather from? your grandmother is a northern what? o' by the way your features look very laos.
Chickens
Some people might stand out and you can identify them right off, but then there's a bunch that could be in any ethnic group. Back in the days when wars were fought people were forcibly moved around by the winner. Having more people under your domain increased your manpower. Also keeps dissidents close and under surveilance. Forced migrations were also used as a tool to control unrest, and to weaken opposition. Because of that there's a lot of mixing. That was standard tactic back in the good ole days.

All this talk of "Tai", "Austroasiatic" or whatever is just language classification. Language rarely correlates with bloodlines, and it correlates even less with physical characteristics. Lets just say Asian is Asian.
nangsbek
QUOTE(Sirikittong @ Jun 19 2006, 05:42 AM) [snapback]1967536[/snapback]

That is generalist claim because the term 'Thai' does refer to nationality as well it can refer to a person of ethnic Dai/Tai origin depending on the context of use. It is the same for the term 'Khmer' as it can refer to peoples within Cambodia and in terms of ethnicity; it has been used before otherwise.

Nangsbek, you fail to undersand the original differences of the peoples, 'Thai' and 'Khmer'. First of all the Khmers, which are part of the Austro-Asiatic group were a group of mongoloid-like people that immigrated to what is now continental south east asia; and sometimes contested the same time with the Malay ethnics. However, the Mon/Khmer group had a high level of intermingling with the indigenous negroid peoples that once inhabited the region; claims and proof of this would be the precursor state of Angkor, Funan, which was documented by contemporary Chinese historians as having very dark features, curly hair etc; all the characteristics of the earlier negroids that inhabited the region.
When referring to the Thai, which is in this case a term used for nationality and ethnicity, as I reiterated before, it is different. The Thais are part of the long Dai/Tai culture that was quite preeminent in what is now modern day Yunnan Province of southern china, as we had an earlier precursor state called the Nanzhao Empire, before it was destroyed in the 13th century, along with other neighbouring states by the Mongols; thus forcing the great Tai diaspora into what is now south east asia; a land that has generally beein foreign to us until the 12-13th century when our southern migration forced us to adapt to the region and established states in the region; per se the Angkorian state, which we eventually dominated in time. Ethnic Tai/Dai (Thai/Lao/Shan) have a larger body form than that of the earlier peoples that were dominated in time such as the Mon and Khmer. Tai ethnics that compose the general bulk of the population in Thailand, Laos and eastern Myanmar are genotypically similar and have cultural affinities that are observed; given that they adopted and molded into pre-existing cultures of the mon and other hinduized state, the central Thais are the ones that heavily adopted both mon and khmer culture--I have explained this in lengthy posts in the Thai Chat-History; refer to that thread. I will aquiesce that there are great similarities between the two peoples 'Thai' and 'Khmer', but there are also vast differences that lay deep inside each other's history. The Khmers seem to be a people of the south; as there is a lacking documentation of their preexisting states besides funan/angkor, however for the Thais, they were a product of the massive Tai migration to the south, of which had an original empire-state for centuries in what is now Yunnan, whose territories and domains stretched to that of northern Burma, Tibet, and peripheries. There is a great difference.
@ Dara. There are light skinned, tan skinned, and dark skinned Thai nationals. When you go to the north, the thais there are quite light skinned as the original Tais were light skinned, central thais usually are light to tan skinned, and there are darker thai nationals that have khmer/mon origin; as well as in the south, they are Malay-Thais that are the same skin tone as that of the Khmer. We're talking about a country of 70 million here, so of course theres going to be alot of variances, its not like cambodia where it only has 10+ million people.

negroids never lived in funan, they never came, you're thinking of negritoes or australoid which by the way never intermix with khmer directly, they both didn't exist when khmer came to mainland southeast asia, but khmer could have mixed with the secound waves of mongoloids who were already dominating southeast asia. archeologist can't determine who actually ruled funan, the indians malays or khmer. anyways, back to the topic, negritoes were pushed out by australoids, who in turn were push and some mix with the austronesian mongoloids 10,000 years ago, follow by another wave of mongoloids 3,000 years ago, follow by mon-khmer in 200 b.c- 300 a.d. tai people ruled nanchao, but they migrated to southeast asia in 600 a.d or later. documents by zhou daguan never called khmer extremely dark, they said regular people in the population were light brown and royalties were light. where did you think mon-khmer came from? out of no where, they came from the north and can trace back to south china and tibet, original mon-khmer are lighter than todays because they came from a higher latitude. about half of the khmer people have the eye fold thingy, skin is always yellowish but can reach brownish yellow. don't say wavy is a negrito inherited tratit since its an adaption, thats why tibetans who lived in warmer area have wasy hair and darker skin, even though they are northern mongoloids. All southeast asian are sundadont mongoloids, having diffrent dental patterns in oppose to the northern mongoloids. Eyes are almond shaped and like slanted. No mongoloids have round faces. Khmer people have flat faces like the rest of the mogoloids, thats why khmer people say 'pou azi neam mou tapeat' (asian people have flat faces). and plus lao, thai, burmese, and even chinese can have dark skin because it depends on uv-ray exposures, thats why laotians are simmiliar to khmer in terms of skin color. in terms of face shape, all southeast asian have the same structure, like northern mongoloids have the same facial structure. ps, there were no organized states before the migration south for the mon-khmer, just a domination in the yangtze river delta until chinese expansion 2000 or years ago. Mon-khmer ethnic includes many light skin people, who are in higher altitudes but they share the same features. Tai-Kadai and mon-khmer are the closest because they recently divided from each other thousand of years ago. typical khmer people have broad faces, a characteristic of mongoloids.

QUOTE(Sirikittong @ Jun 20 2006, 06:02 PM) [snapback]1973227[/snapback]

lol. I do not look like a Khmer, my face is less bracocephalic. My forehead formation and sharp facial phenotype is traditionally linked with Tai/Dai normalcy. I dont think I look like traditional khmers, maybe those khmers with thai ancestry, but no similarities with pure khmers. My facial features has the traditional central Thai features; primarily Ayuthayan (because I am Ayuthayan, lol).

Ah bahh humbug! ejay is here trying to start a flame. tsk..people dont change. sure.gif sure.gif Talktohand.gif

i dun hate you, i think ur peaceful and dun wanna start a war but brachyphyll is a characteristic of mongoloids, not non mongoloids. it means round odd shaped head. and plus, if u dun look khmer then why do you look like khmer people selling chicken wings and papaya salad at my city? you're skin color is exactly the same as the majority of khmer and you're eye is slanted, khmer people have salnted eyes. Many khme people get eye surgery. you look like my uncle, pure khmer from kampong chnnang, u dun hav to be mixed to look like steryotypic mongoloid.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.