Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Will u vote for Mr Abdullah for a second term in office?
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > Asian Culture > Malaysian Chat > Malaysian Serious Talk
tangawizi
M'sia's covert power struggle

First Published Thursday July 13, 2006

The gripping drama that is the spat between Malaysia's former Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad and his successor, Mr Abdullah Ahmad Badawi, has seen a respite for the past week. That's because both men were on holiday: Dr Mahathir in Europe and Mr Abdullah in Australia.

Just before the lull, Minister in the Prime Minister's Office Nazri Aziz had called upon Dr Mahathir to "be a man" and resign from the ruling United Malays National Organisation (Umno), instead of criticising the government from within Umno.

Shortly after that, Mr Tajudin Ramli, a tycoon long associated with Dr Mahathir and former Finance Minister Daim Zainuddin, came out with a stunning claim: That the privatisation of Malaysia Airlines was orchestrated by Dr Mahathir and Mr Daim to help Bank Negara, the central bank, overcome billions of ringgit of losses due to currency speculation.

No one expects Dr Mahathir to take all this lying down. He will return from his holiday with guns blazing and the present lull is simply the calm before the storm. Although no one seriously expected him to ride off into the sunset after he retired, nobody expected him to become the government's chief critic.

It's obvious now that Dr Mahathir's objective is to make sure Mr Abdullah is a one-term Prime Minister. He has made it clear that he prefers Mr Abdullah's deputy, Mr Najib Razak.

With no power within the government or the party, it seems the only way Dr Mahathir can achieve this goal is to convince Mr Najib to challenge Mr Abdullah in the next Umno election.

Mr Najib is the obvious beneficiary if Mr Abdullah steps down after one term. Still in his early 50s, Mr Najib could have three (or possibly four) terms as Prime Minister if this happens.

For now, he's playing it cool and has been declaring his full allegiance to Mr Abdullah.

Common sense would dictate that he remains patient and "allow" Mr Abdullah two full terms after which he would naturally take over. But there are two factors that may complicate things. One is the temptation to become premier sooner rather than later. The other is Mr Khairy Jamaluddin, Umno Youth deputy chief and Mr Abdullah's ambitious son-in-law.

If Mr Abdullah serves two full terms, that means seven more years before Mr Najib takes over for three terms (15 years). Current Umno Youth Chief Hishamuddin Hussein, seen to be the No 3 in waiting, would then take over from Mr Najib to serve two terms (10 years).

This would mean that Mr Khairy would have to wait 32 years to take the reins, unimaginable for the impatient 31-year-old who has set his sights on becoming Malaysia's youngest Prime Minister.

Mr Khairy knows his political career will be cut short if Mr Abdullah's tenure is reduced to one term. Mr Khairy needs Mr Abdullah to be in power for at least another term so he can consolidate his growing influence and power in Umno.

One way or another, Mr Khairy needs to prevent Mr Najib from challenging Mr Abdullah. Former Deputy Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim might just be his wild card. Mr Anwar has said he has no interest in rejoining Umno (not that he's been offered that ... yet).

Still, everyone knows that he, as much as Mr Khairy, sees his destiny as Prime Minister of Malaysia. There is no practical way for that to happen unless Mr Anwar rejoins Umno.

If Mr Najib and his supporters ever appear too restless, Mr Abdullah, with Mr Khairy's help, could easily engineer Mr Anwar's return to Umno — with the understanding he would not challenge Mr Abdullah, but is free to challenge anyone else (read: Mr Najib).

Mr Anwar could then succeed Mr Abdullah for two terms, after which Mr Khairy would take the helm. Mr Khairy would by then be only 48, still qualifying him to be Malaysia's youngest premier ever.

Leaders from all the opposition parties have been remarkably quiet throughout this saga, adopting the principle that when your rivals are battling each other, you just sit back and watch the fireworks.

Mr Abdullah's decision to remain silent throughout is seen by some as complacency, which could well be the case — but who can blame him? He's not just the Prime Minister, but also the Finance Minister and the Home Minister. He also has the full support of the Cabinet and the local media.

It's hard to picture Dr Mahathir ever losing a battle. After all, he's won so many. But this time, it could well be that the seasoned politician has grossly miscalculated the situation. He is, ironically, the victim of his own success, for it was Dr Mahathir who concentrated all the levers of power in the hands of the executive.

---------------------------

Sodrohu
Not really shure. Mr Abdullah, early after crowning the PM title, promised everyone that he is seroius in fighting big-time corruption, and mentioned that there are 18 or so high-profile corruption cases. So far it's been Kasitah Gaddam and the other guy taht we've heard of....

BTW, I can't really vote anyway.
ricochet
singaporean only have the balls to talk about other countries but scared the hell to talk about their own backyard

who you vote for last election my dear....in singapore is compulsory to vote....as the voting chit is pre-numbered...I guess you got no choice but to follow the rest huh
tangawizi
I told u so, there is a media dictatorship there... are u working for the SG government btw?? confused.gif
ricochet
QUOTE(tangawizi @ Jul 15 2006, 01:54 PM) [snapback]2052630[/snapback]

I told u so, there is a media dictatorship there... are u working for the SG government btw?? confused.gif

FBI-CIA-NSA
tangawizi
i tot so. shrug.gif

Back to topic.

Can't see why Anwar would ever come back to Umno... can u?
ricochet
he needs the king's pardon to claw back

however, politics is dirty....wonder why musa go the other way and anwar go another way...probably there is an understanding between the 3 or 4 parties. everyone is holding everyone's ball.....you say....I bring you down sort.....

so ... I think anwar will be on the sideline.... someone broke some promises and that;s why MM is breaking the silence
kelantanese
politics? i dont support both gov and the opposition... one is evil one is stupid...
ricochet
QUOTE(kelantanese @ Jul 16 2006, 02:13 AM) [snapback]2054504[/snapback]

politics? i dont support both gov and the opposition... one is evil one is stupid...

you are right....but then people still get suck into and it bcum too personal and fight with each other....juz like what is happening in the forum lor...we are the suckers....haha
samheisfl
QUOTE(tangawizi @ Jul 15 2006, 02:34 PM) [snapback]2052731[/snapback]

i tot so. shrug.gif

Back to topic.

Can't see why Anwar would ever come back to Umno... can u?

I don't think so... not in this 5 years time at least.. not until the old-man (Tun M) died..
I still believed that he will be the PM one day.. maybe in 10 years time.. who knows.. shrug.gif

kelantanese
if in dap got a lot of malay i will vote for dap... sadly the majority of them is chinese, if itz balance of coz i will support them
matahari
QUOTE(kelantanese @ Jul 16 2006, 09:13 PM) [snapback]2057119[/snapback]

if in dap got a lot of malay i will vote for dap... sadly the majority of them is chinese, if itz balance of coz i will support them

icon_wink.gif Hi i'm new here. i agreed what you said.Malaysia dont have strong opposition party.If we do have like in US(Democrat and Republican)We dont feel like we do right now.But in our case only BN in power.We dont have choice icon_sad.gif
samheisfl
Hi dude.. welcome to AF.. not Akademi Fantasia but Asia Finest.. k.. beerchug.gif
Centurion
Will u vote for Mr Abdullah for a second term in office?

From off the top of my head, my 2 reasons for not voting for Badawi:

1) When common sense and basic rights of both Muslim and non-Muslim Msians were threatened by proponents of Shariah Law/ Islamic fundementalists, what did Badawi have to say? Nothing.
True, his cabinet ministers have spoken out for a more moderate application of Islam, but when push becomes shove, NO ONE in the current UMNO government has the nerve to slap the Islamists in the face. If our elected PM cannot defend the Constitution, who will?
A good PM should not have his hands tied by his mother religion, no matter how true he believes that religion to be.

But I must add that for these same reasons I distrust any potential leadership under Anwar Ibrahim. He has also been too silent where disputes over religion is concerned. Anwar seems only concerned with his personal duel with Tun Mahathir. His interests in human rights only stems from the fact that he was once a victim of such abuse. If he was truly noble, his human rights campaign should have been a visible agenda even when he was in UMNO. For these reasons, I feel he does not deserve to be PM.

2) Badawi even bows to the will of the police force. Why has the government taken so long to establish an overseeing body to check on abuse of police authority? Again, Badawi has proven that he cannot stand bravely for the interests of his citizens. The police are suppose to serve the people, and not the people serve the police!!

Centurion
politics? i dont support both gov and the opposition... one is evil one is stupid... - Kelantanese
Malaysia dont have strong opposition party - Matahari

I wouldn't be so quick to downplay the role of Malaysia's Opposition parties. The sweat and blood of the Opposition parties is the reason Kelantanese even KNOWS that the government is "evil". How else do you think we've learnt what has been argued in Parliament? Did you sit in on a Parliament session to learn about BN's misdeeds? Would you prefer to count on the government-controlled TV and newspaper to educate you?? Don't bite the hand that feeds you, Kelantanese.

The Opposition parties by themselves are not going to take over as the new government anytime soon.
They are still too small to do any significant damage to a political giant like BN in terms of electoral victory. One problem is that the Opposition parties stand for such different and conflicting goals. So it is difficult for them to garner support by the majority. So yes, the Opposition is "weak" in the sense of winning majority votes.

But the Opposition has given BN some run for their money. Who else keeps them on their toes? Who else pressures UMNO politicians to be accountable to the citizens? Of course, the Opposition is doing this for their own political agenda. But their efforts serve the people's interests don't they?

I mean imagine for a second that THERE IS NO VOICE OF OPPOSITION! What will happen to our country?

So by their very existence, I feel that the Opposition that does its job is a force to reckon with. It's all in how you look at things.

Centurion
if in dap got a lot of malay i will vote for dap... sadly the majority of them is chinese, if itz balance of coz i will support them - kelantanese

If I were you, I'd participate in a political party whose goals I agree with, not one that has more Malays or Chinese or Indians; it's not a tea party or a chess club you know. And even if it was, I don't see why we must slot ourselves into ethnic pidgeonholes.
But that's the problem isn't it? I'm not you.

matahari
QUOTE(Centurion @ Jul 19 2006, 10:28 PM) [snapback]2067145[/snapback]

I wouldn't be so quick to downplay the role of Malaysia's Opposition parties. The sweat and blood of the Opposition parties is the reason Kelantanese even KNOWS that the government is "evil". How else do you think we've learnt what has been argued in Parliament? Did you sit in on a Parliament session to learn about BN's misdeeds? Would you prefer to count on the government-controlled TV and newspaper to educate you?? Don't bite the hand that feeds you, Kelantanese.

The Opposition parties by themselves are not going to take over as the new government anytime soon.
They are still too small to do any significant damage to a political giant like BN in terms of electoral victory. One problem is that the Opposition parties stand for such different and conflicting goals. So it is difficult for them to garner support by the majority. So yes, the Opposition is "weak" in the sense of winning majority votes.

But the Opposition has given BN some run for their money. Who else keeps them on their toes? Who else pressures UMNO politicians to be accountable to the citizens? Of course, the Opposition is doing this for their own political agenda. But their efforts serve the people's interests don't they?

I mean imagine for a second that THERE IS NO VOICE OF OPPOSITION! What will happen to our country?

So by their very existence, I feel that the Opposition that does its job is a force to reckon with. It's all in how you look at things.
What ever you said is true and correct.But what i believe you can do much better if you would open up.i sense that you know what is actual problem in malaysia.My Q to you is what can be done?
yana19384
HELL NO!

NOT HIM..EVER
forrestcat
I am infuriated with the current affairs in BN. It seems the government is headed by several people instead of one Prime Minister. thumbsdown.gif

Plus, the BN MP in Wangsa Maju is a garbage. I am not going to vote for him.His brother have a fake degree and boast about at our school and plus he is the idiot who thought about bringing discos and clubs near residential areas.. thumbsdown.gif .

It is time we let PAS or DAP win a state or two to keep BN on its toes.

yana19384
i dont think those threats will mean much at all

cos we've got lots of big mouths in BN and putera umno or whatsoever with that guy khairy especially

thumbsdown.gif
forrestcat
Yes,when I referred to BN's iproblem, I did mean KJ. It's so disappointing to see BN's component parties bickering over KJ foolish statements. I'll vote Badawi if he slaps his SIL one or 2 times...very hard please.
ricochet
QUOTE(forrestcat @ Sep 3 2006, 07:10 PM) [snapback]2253348[/snapback]

Yes,when I referred to BN's iproblem, I did mean KJ. It's so disappointing to see BN's component parties bickering over KJ foolish statements. I'll vote Badawi if he slaps his SIL one or 2 times...very hard please.

how come khairy has an office in the prime minister's department?
yana19384
cos he screwed up the mellow fellow PM's brain
kinchi
tangawizi u bring such a good topic in here.

some progressive thread about malaysian politics can be a taboo subject for some malaysian people.

i see some posters got guts anyway....

question is?

will u vote for mr abdullah for a second term in office?

my answer is,
my eyes only can detect half moon.
yana19384
and does that half moon loks bad on your side or does it shine bright?
forrestcat
I dun think BN could be removed from power in the next election..it is too powerful while there is no synergy among the opposition.....but the least we can do is give more power to opposition to check and balance the government.
ricochet
QUOTE(forrestcat @ Sep 8 2006, 09:45 PM) [snapback]2271664[/snapback]

I dun think BN could be removed from power in the next election..it is too powerful while there is no synergy among the opposition.....but the least we can do is give more power to opposition to check and balance the government.

Giving opposition some mandate would only hampers the growth in certain states like Kelantan, Terengganu and so forth. Lucky BN got back Terengganu and I juz hope Kelantan is next. But giving opposition some seat for them to challenge in the parliament is a good thing. At least everything will be debated first before anything is being pass without any objection.

Abdullah may be doing a very good job in development and others but he lacks of a charismatic leader and he is too soft. When family matters come into play, he is too weak
ba5tard
no comment about this...
forrestcat
Actually, I dun see any reason why if an opposition ruled state cannot experience development.

Take Kelantan,which is ruled by PAS. To many Malaysians, especially non-Malays, they think Kota Bharu as a backward city....due to RTM propaganda Talktohand.gif . You'll be surprised that Kota Baharu itself is more lively than some West Coast cities...and the the I dare say the busy streets is more like KL's as more shopping centres sprout in KB. The development in Kelantan could be attributed to many Kelantanese who are the most entreprenual,independent and wealthy among the Malays who invest in Kelantan.... biggthumpup.gif ..perhaps in these opposition ruled states, I think Malaysians are more independent......... biggthumpup.gif
ricochet
QUOTE(forrestcat @ Sep 9 2006, 06:48 PM) [snapback]2274979[/snapback]

Actually, I dun see any reason why if an opposition ruled state cannot experience development.

Take Kelantan,which is ruled by PAS. To many Malaysians, especially non-Malays, they think Kota Bharu as a backward city....due to RTM propaganda Talktohand.gif . You'll be surprised that Kota Baharu itself is more lively than some West Coast cities...and the the I dare say the busy streets is more like KL's as more shopping centres sprout in KB. The development in Kelantan could be attributed to many Kelantanese who are the most entreprenual,independent and wealthy among the Malays who invest in Kelantan.... biggthumpup.gif ..perhaps in these opposition ruled states, I think Malaysians are more independent......... biggthumpup.gif

Forrest...pls la, I am a kelantanse, born and grew up for more than 21 years. U may see the busy street and all that and yes I agree with the entrepreneuship of many kelantanese. Its been like that since ages. But all these people get all the bumiputra allocation from where....from the govt. Its so easy to get a $5000 or $10000 loan to start a business. All this comes from the govt and the govt are blinded when it comes to this because they believe all bumiputras need help. 99% of my frens in Kelantan and Malaysia are malays....and they accepted me as one of them and I know everything about them

While the kelantanese generally critise the govt but they forgot the money comes from the govt. Last election BN nearly got it and PAS won a very slim win...juz 2 seats and now 1 seat bcuz of the by-election. This shows that the kelantanease in general are fed up with no development no incentives. Look at the road in kelantan, the municipal council, the water works and everything. Its shabby to say the least.

Now lets not divert what this thread talks about....lets focus on what is in the talks.
1+1
No offence to Kelantanese, but KB is one of the dirtiest city in Malaysia. I thought Islam encourage or in some cases, demanded cleanliness. Apa la PAS ni....
destoy
QUOTE(tangawizi @ Jul 14 2006, 05:02 PM) [snapback]2049621[/snapback]

M'sia's covert power struggle

First Published Thursday July 13, 2006

The gripping drama that is the spat between Malaysia's former Prime Minister Mahathir Mohamad and his successor, Mr Abdullah Ahmad Badawi, has seen a respite for the past week. That's because both men were on holiday: Dr Mahathir in Europe and Mr Abdullah in Australia.

Just before the lull, Minister in the Prime Minister's Office Nazri Aziz had called upon Dr Mahathir to "be a man" and resign from the ruling United Malays National Organisation (Umno), instead of criticising the government from within Umno.

Shortly after that, Mr Tajudin Ramli, a tycoon long associated with Dr Mahathir and former Finance Minister Daim Zainuddin, came out with a stunning claim: That the privatisation of Malaysia Airlines was orchestrated by Dr Mahathir and Mr Daim to help Bank Negara, the central bank, overcome billions of ringgit of losses due to currency speculation.

No one expects Dr Mahathir to take all this lying down. He will return from his holiday with guns blazing and the present lull is simply the calm before the storm. Although no one seriously expected him to ride off into the sunset after he retired, nobody expected him to become the government's chief critic.

It's obvious now that Dr Mahathir's objective is to make sure Mr Abdullah is a one-term Prime Minister. He has made it clear that he prefers Mr Abdullah's deputy, Mr Najib Razak.

With no power within the government or the party, it seems the only way Dr Mahathir can achieve this goal is to convince Mr Najib to challenge Mr Abdullah in the next Umno election.

Mr Najib is the obvious beneficiary if Mr Abdullah steps down after one term. Still in his early 50s, Mr Najib could have three (or possibly four) terms as Prime Minister if this happens.

For now, he's playing it cool and has been declaring his full allegiance to Mr Abdullah.

Common sense would dictate that he remains patient and "allow" Mr Abdullah two full terms after which he would naturally take over. But there are two factors that may complicate things. One is the temptation to become premier sooner rather than later. The other is Mr Khairy Jamaluddin, Umno Youth deputy chief and Mr Abdullah's ambitious son-in-law.

If Mr Abdullah serves two full terms, that means seven more years before Mr Najib takes over for three terms (15 years). Current Umno Youth Chief Hishamuddin Hussein, seen to be the No 3 in waiting, would then take over from Mr Najib to serve two terms (10 years).

This would mean that Mr Khairy would have to wait 32 years to take the reins, unimaginable for the impatient 31-year-old who has set his sights on becoming Malaysia's youngest Prime Minister.

Mr Khairy knows his political career will be cut short if Mr Abdullah's tenure is reduced to one term. Mr Khairy needs Mr Abdullah to be in power for at least another term so he can consolidate his growing influence and power in Umno.

One way or another, Mr Khairy needs to prevent Mr Najib from challenging Mr Abdullah. Former Deputy Prime Minister Anwar Ibrahim might just be his wild card. Mr Anwar has said he has no interest in rejoining Umno (not that he's been offered that ... yet).

Still, everyone knows that he, as much as Mr Khairy, sees his destiny as Prime Minister of Malaysia. There is no practical way for that to happen unless Mr Anwar rejoins Umno.

If Mr Najib and his supporters ever appear too restless, Mr Abdullah, with Mr Khairy's help, could easily engineer Mr Anwar's return to Umno — with the understanding he would not challenge Mr Abdullah, but is free to challenge anyone else (read: Mr Najib).

Mr Anwar could then succeed Mr Abdullah for two terms, after which Mr Khairy would take the helm. Mr Khairy would by then be only 48, still qualifying him to be Malaysia's youngest premier ever.

Leaders from all the opposition parties have been remarkably quiet throughout this saga, adopting the principle that when your rivals are battling each other, you just sit back and watch the fireworks.

Mr Abdullah's decision to remain silent throughout is seen by some as complacency, which could well be the case — but who can blame him? He's not just the Prime Minister, but also the Finance Minister and the Home Minister. He also has the full support of the Cabinet and the local media.

It's hard to picture Dr Mahathir ever losing a battle. After all, he's won so many. But this time, it could well be that the seasoned politician has grossly miscalculated the situation. He is, ironically, the victim of his own success, for it was Dr Mahathir who concentrated all the levers of power in the hands of the executive.
---------------------------

y0ur PM haS already fAiled iN cOntrolliNg tHe eConomy of MalaySia,,,
If I were y0u... I will Never Ever cHoose him,,
caramel
My personal opinion, I will not vote for him. He has shown that he lacks firmness when it comes to decision making and he allowed the X Y Z people to step all over him.

However, I do not want the person after him (N), nor after after him (H or KJ) to be heading the country as well. They have shown that they are much worse than him.

I pray that a great opposition political party will rise up or the current opposition will have more stake in the upcoming elections to show that we, Malaysians are serious about developing our nation and our people.
forrestcat
Whatever it is, we sure need someone better than Badawi as PM now. I am not very analytical about Badawi's administration but I sum him up as a weak person from the current conflict between Mahathir and Badawi.BTW, better Najib than H and KJ anytime. Talktohand.gif

Sometimes I feel Malaysia is hold together a bunch of superclerks rather than the current cabinet.
caramel
Superclerks? I thought they were clowns.
forrestcat
The circus academy in Johor has not been built yet, so I am sure it is not clowns that are holding the country together biggrin.gif
Aranadhel
QUOTE(forrestcat @ Oct 3 2006, 01:07 AM) [snapback]2353538[/snapback]

The circus academy in Johor has not been built yet, so I am sure it is not clowns that are holding the country together biggrin.gif

We'll take care of the clowns from here.

IPB Image
samheisfl
Hmm..

I think PKR is good party.. it is a multiracial party..
caramel
Tuesday October 3, 2006

Ensure more bumis in information communications technology

KUALA LUMPUR: Bumiputras should be given priority in new sectors such as biotechnology and information communications technology (ICT), to ensure they are not left behind, Umno Youth deputy chief Khairy Jamaluddin said.

“We don't want to see the workforce and technologists favouring only certain races in Malaysia and not reflecting the real composition of the population,” he said.

“We need to move forward and make it our priority to facilitate the creation of more bumiputras in the ICT sector.”

He added that ICT had been identified as an important component for development under the 9th Malaysia Plan.

Umno Youth, he said, hoped to see an increase in bumiputra-owned companies in the Multimedia Super Corridor as only 17% were now owned by the community.

He was speaking to reporters after opening the MSC Malaysian business and ideas enhancement workshops organised by Umno Youth and the Multimedia Development Corporation (MDeC).

Khairy said the obstacles that bumiputra companies faced in penetrating the ICT market included shortage of professionals, access to capital and lack of knowledge in making business plans.

“The MDeC will facilitate in showing the technopreneurs how to build business plans and approach venture capitalists and investors,” he said.

“The market is saturated and this makes it more difficult to penetrate.

“It requires creativity and innovation.”

Khairy noted that while bumiputras were talented in producing animation series, they were often discouraged by the programming aspects.

“They must know that (programming) is what moves the animation and brings it to life,” he said.

He said bumiputra IT graduates were also inclined to be skilled in human resource development rather than programming, which was the crux of the ICT industry.

Earlier, in his speech, Khairy touched on the national agenda and the revival of the spirit of the New Economic Policy that was raised by the movement at the last Umno general assembly.

“We do not want handouts but the opportunity to succeed on a much more level playing field,” he said, adding that Umno Youth was happy that the Malay agenda was codified in the 9MP.

He said the Malay agenda was a struggle in the political and economic field.

Oh gosh. I do not think anyone favours a certain race in the ICT sector. It's always about hardwork, talent and brains. Seriously, I want to stuff my dirty socks into his mouth everytime he speaks. The more the spoon feeding the worse it's gonna be.
tangawizi
I don't understand KJ at all....surely he must know that his Malay supremacism isn't going to win him the votes, right? Or is he going to win???? embarassedlaugh.gif
samheisfl
QUOTE(tangawizi @ Oct 3 2006, 08:31 PM) [snapback]2356273[/snapback]

I don't understand KJ at all....surely he must know that his Malay supremacism isn't going to win him the votes, right? Or is he going to win???? embarassedlaugh.gif

I believed educated malay doesn't really like him much.. only mat rempit that loves him so much.. icon_redface.gif
Protoculture
If Abdullah intends for 2nd term .... maybe no. I'm up for Najib though ... we need some serious spending to upgrade our military!
vivachineseman
As far as I can see, PM Abdullah have a greatness in his personal characteristic which we should learn from him.

unfortunately, he lies on a parties which is always playing racial card. presume he want to build a country regardless of races, but the racial fanatics in his party will always pressured him to do the other way round.

so, the answer is, i will not vote BN (which is control by UMNO) In the next general election (although the opposition is also playing racial issues), Why?

the simple reason, since most parties in malaysia are playing racial card, the best way for us is to vote opposition to creat a political balance in our country. This is the best choice among the bad options that we can adble to choose currently.

agree?
Betong
QUOTE(vivachineseman @ Nov 14 2006, 01:24 AM) [snapback]2480736[/snapback]

As far as I can see, PM Abdullah have a greatness in his personal characteristic which we should learn from him.

unfortunately, he lies on a parties which is always playing racial card. presume he want to build a country regardless of races, but the racial fanatics in his party will always pressured him to do the other way round.

so, the answer is, i will not vote BN (which is control by UMNO) In the next general election (although the opposition is also playing racial issues), Why?

the simple reason, since most parties in malaysia are playing racial card, the best way for us is to vote opposition to creat a political balance in our country. This is the best choice among the bad options that we can adble to choose currently.

agree?

Doesn't make any sense at all. So if you like Pak Lah, vote for him lah. If you and other don't vote for him maybe there was no second term for him.

UMNO I believe so powerful because they hold the goverment and if Pak Lah still give what UMNO wanted, he will survive another term. If he go against UMNO even if he still PM, I still thinking what will happen to him...

And also there were no party in Malaysia that suitable for all Malaysian( still disputed)

Morale of the stories
"If you like somebody don't vote for her/him"
vivachineseman
QUOTE(Betong @ Nov 14 2006, 02:46 PM) [snapback]2480778[/snapback]

Doesn't make any sense at all. So if you like Pak Lah, vote for him lah. If you and other don't vote for him maybe there was no second term for him.

UMNO I believe so powerful because they hold the goverment and if Pak Lah still give what UMNO wanted, he will survive another term. If he go against UMNO even if he still PM, I still thinking what will happen to him...

And also there were no party in Malaysia that suitable for all Malaysian( still disputed)

Morale of the stories
"If you like somebody don't vote for her/him"

Betong, Thanks for you reply.

I would like to ask you a question, you believe a person can change the entire environment or a person was changed by the environment, which one u think the probability is higher? happy have your opinion.

PM is in that kind of environment that most the politicans are always playing with racial issues, can he still see the whole picture (presume he intend to build a nation regardless of races)
ricochet
QUOTE(vivachineseman @ Nov 14 2006, 09:24 PM) [snapback]2481333[/snapback]

Betong, Thanks for you reply.

I would like to ask you a question, you believe a person can change the entire environment or a person was changed by the environment, which one u think the probability is higher? happy have your opinion.

PM is in that kind of environment that most the politicans are always playing with racial issues, can he still see the whole picture (presume he intend to build a nation regardless of races)

let me say this.....when PM son said that there was no different with his speech last year in the umno meeting....he is right and the present pm may have the calmness in facing certain issues but he and his present government have not gone thru the hard labour that mahathir administration went thru....

If another swing of economic crisis would to happen....I wish good luck to all malaysian. now the present govt is tasting the fruits of labour...juz like clinton days....and now bush is tasting the ignorance of clinton
Betong
QUOTE(ricochet @ Nov 19 2006, 09:27 AM) [snapback]2495038[/snapback]

let me say this.....when PM son said that there was no different with his speech last year in the umno meeting....he is right and the present pm may have the calmness in facing certain issues but he and his present government have not gone thru the hard labour that mahathir administration went thru....

If another swing of economic crisis would to happen....I wish good luck to all malaysian. now the present govt is tasting the fruits of labour...juz like clinton days....and now bush is tasting the ignorance of clinton

We are in transition period. The best thing to do was to keep doing a rite thing not popular thing. Improve rule of law, eliminate bribery, improve justice practice and so on...

But sometimes Pak Lah may need to shows us all who "the boss" in this country...
Betong
^^And if he not .....
He's day was counting.. Read this article
http://malaysia-today.net/blog2006/corridors.php?itemid=485
Malay_guy
I will vote for Abdul Hadi Awang as a Malaysian Prime Minister.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.