Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Indians With Coloured Eyes (except Brown)
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > Asian Culture > India Chat
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
shijen
hi i was just wondering, some indian celebs have these really pretty green, or blue, etc coloured eyes.
it looks pretty natural and i was told that they're real
problem is...i dont understand how
i mean, i always thought indians had only brown eyes

is it becase these indian girls are mixed with some other race? please explain why its and how its possible
whitewatcher
Hi, shijen.

The high frequency of comparatively fairer eyes (i.e. blue, green, gray) in India (mostly Northwestern India), is associated with the influx of Indo-European speaking populations from the Ukraine area by the Late Bronze Age 1800-1200 bce. These people are related to those who had spread to Iran, and Europe.
see the map, they're the Indo-Aryan group.

preity zinta, indian actress

qashqai girl from iran
Butterfly
Some really aren't real, it's just part of the look they are selling.

its also a misconception to assume all Indians have brown eyes ( not jsut one shade btw)my man has dark black eyes that for some reason turn almost green when he’s very pissed off ( sexy AND scery lol)

anyways green or colord eyes DO happen in non white people, its usually cause of an over active gene or somewhere down the line someone decided to jump the fence so its skips alot of generations before it pops up, now though its very comon as stated above because of well mixing :genius:

Also remember if you see it in a magazine, they usually exagirate the color more so.. so dark blues or greens looks even more intence

oh and uh hi I'm new here embarassedlaugh.gif
BishoujoHunter
Maybe because of albinos
Donut
Damn fooks didn't you do your study at school ? .. Anyway itäs like this is one of the parents is caretaker of blue gene eyes from maybe his mother was a blonde or likely and father was black. then this brown son of them goes marry's a brown girl and they have a child. It is not a big chance but there is a small chance. By the books of biology they say it's impossible but it have now been shown that some can have that blue eyes.

*sings* "Chinese people go to school early in da morning" // Tai Mai Shu :P

EDIT: whoops some one alredy post that generation exchange .. shajt anyways
whitewatcher
QUOTE (BishoujoHunter @ May 25 2004, 03:07 AM)
Maybe because of albinos

nyek! nyek! nyek!!!!!! *toink*
Thanol
QUOTE (BishoujoHunter @ May 25 2004, 03:07 AM)
Maybe because of albinos

Uh no, Albinism is casued by a single recessive gene. A different gene, which I'm fairly sure is on a different chromosome, casues colored eyes.

Anyways I know an Indian girl with hazel-green eyes, she's really really dark skinned so it's safe so say she isn't albino by any stretch of the imagination.
hgnis
QUOTE (Butterfly @ May 24 2004, 05:42 PM)
my man has dark black eyes that for some reason turn almost green when he’s very pissed off ( sexy AND scery lol)

You should see them when I turn Super Sayian. biggrin.gif
no1trishfan
Well, theres a pretty simple explanation! Theres an invention- you might have heard of called.... COLOURED CONTACT LENSES!!! hw amazing. Or maybe someones mum had an affair with someone elses dad. That would explain it. But probly CONTACT LENSES! icon_rolleyes.gif

Buht newaiz....dats mah opinion k?...bubbaiz
chickvicious
i know for a fact that green eyes are recessive in my family, because one of my cousins has green eyes, and the last person in my family to have green eyes like hers was my grandfather's cousin.

so i guess it's recessive and skips around :]

and yes, lighter eyes are more commonly found in northern india, if i recall correctly...
AidanW
It's kind of cool how their eyes are different. My Indian aunt-married to my Cambodian uncle (dad's uncle) in my family has blue/hazel eyes. I have an old picture somewhere and I was like WHOA that's awesome.
ndnboi
QUOTE (no1trishfan @ Jun 15 2004, 08:18 PM)
Well, theres a pretty simple explanation! Theres an invention- you might have heard of called.... COLOURED CONTACT LENSES!!! hw amazing. Or maybe someones mum had an affair with someone elses dad. That would explain it. But probly CONTACT LENSES! icon_rolleyes.gif

Buht newaiz....dats mah opinion k?...bubbaiz

LOL! Indian people dont have to wear contacts to have light eyes. Many have natural light eyes in the north especially.
There's a desert in India in a place called rajasthan where everyone has brown skin and many people have hazel/green eyes like this girl. So, definitely light eyes arent rare.

kkdkckrl
In my mom's side of the family, blue, hazel and green eyes are common! They are definitely not mixed!

And a lot of them look exotic!
ndnboi
QUOTE (kkdkckrl @ Aug 12 2004, 12:11 PM)
In my mom's side of the family, blue, hazel and green eyes are common! They are definitely not mixed!

And a lot of them look exotic!

Are you Indian? What part?
AgentBach
This topic reminds me of that Afghan girl that was on the cover of national geographics many years ago. Hers eyes were very piercing because she had a dark complexion.

ndnboi
QUOTE (AgentBach @ Aug 12 2004, 07:30 PM)
This topic reminds me of that Afghan girl that was on the cover of national geographics many years ago. Hers eyes were very piercing because she had a dark complexion.

Thats not uncommon in Afghanistan. Tons of Afghan people have light coloured eyes. Brown hair green eyes is fairly common in Afghanistan.
madxman21
QUOTE (shijen @ May 24 2004, 01:03 AM)
hi i was just wondering, some indian celebs have these really pretty green, or blue, etc coloured eyes.
it looks pretty natural and i was told that they're real
problem is...i dont understand how
i mean, i always thought indians had only brown eyes

is it becase these indian girls are mixed with some other race? please explain why its and how its possible

They have colored eyes cuz they're freakin of the caucasian race. duh...
PervertBurger
Buddha had blue eyes but he was from Nepal..
sMiLeYxAnGeL
S0ME ARE 0F MiX BL00D
Vikas
Indian civilization is 7,000 years old and Aryan migration/invasion is a myth. It's european version of history, which is unscientific and full of prejudice. Majority of Indians have always been part of India. Indeed there are darker people in southern India cuz of stronger sun. In north you have mountains and colder weather hence lighter skin and ligher eye colour. Aryan means person who knows and practices spiritual values of life. Indian culture, knowledge, art, martial arts, people and religion spread to whole of southeast asia and Buddhism spead to east asia. Everybody came to India to study at Nalanda and Taxila from whole of ancient world. So enough with this "cacoside, negroide" crap.

Here are some books that refute European version of things.

Dr. David Frawley:
1. Gods, Sages and Kings
2. Myth of the Aryan Invasion
3. Rig Veda and the History of India

David Frawley, George Feuerstein, Professor Subhash Kak
1. In Search of the Cradle of Civilization

David Frawley, N.S. Rajaram :
1. Vedic Aryans and the Origins of Civilization

Francois Gautier
1. Arise again o India
2. Rewriting Indian History
Pooja
pakis, kashmiris, and even some sindh people have light eyes. i think its more of a persian trait, tho. its prolly coz north indians r mixed with pashtun n persian blood.
Tenjikuronin
QUOTE (Pooja @ May 28 2005, 10:12 PM)
its prolly coz north indians r mixed with pashtun n persian blood.

No they are not.

I'm north Indian (from Punjab) and nobody in my whole family has any persian or pashtun blood. Same goes for all of my friends and even their families.
ExpressYourself
Some South Indians have naturally light eyes too. Even very dark South Indians can have light eyes (like my friend).
jiggyiggy
I have a few cousins with green eyes. It's not common, but I wouldn't be surprised to see an Indian person with green eyes.
jiggyiggy
hey... way to bump a dead thread. =P
-=(-_-)=- HI-hit
european contries have a higher ratio of people with blue eyes to people with brown eyes and indian people have a higher ratio of people with brown eyes then there are to people with blue eyes

i forgot to mention green and hazel.....o well
Astromantic
My Indian friend's got green eyes, quite cool eyes. I want them so badly!
April10
Quite a few Indians actually have light eyes. My dad has blue/gray eyes.
ExpressYourself
This girl is from Kerala (South India). Don't tell me they're contacts, because she looks too poor to afford it.

IPB Image
FrenchVanillaNYC
Interesting...
Tav6
QUOTE(ExpressYourself @ Jul 12 2006, 02:46 PM) [snapback]2043884[/snapback]

This girl is from Kerala (South India). Don't tell me their contacts, because she looks too poor to afford it.

IPB Image

^^^ i think she is a prety looking girl ... all she needs is a bath ....
ndnboi
A girl from Tamil Nadu
IPB Image
A boy from Tamil Nadu
IPB Image

A boy from Sikkim
IPB Image

A sikh from Punjab
IPB Image
IPB Image

A kid from Bangladesh
IPB Image

Rajasthan people
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

More from Rajasthan
IPB Image
IPB Image

A girl from Nepal
IPB Image

Two street girls from South India
IPB Image
IPB Image

Kid in Delhi
IPB Image
ndnboi
Kashmiri girls
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Boy from Madras
IPB Image

Woman from Rajasthan
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
North India
IPB Image

IPB Image
IPB Image

Orphan from India.
IPB Image
Nath
^^

Wow! Amazing pics! That boy from Tamil Nadu has the bluest eyes I've ever seen. eek.gif
rx7boy
They all have cool eyes especially the blue eyed boy!!! eek.gif
FrenchVanillaNYC
The green eyed people have eyes like my mom and me. neartears.gif
ExpressYourself
QUOTE(Tav6 @ Jul 12 2006, 03:47 PM) [snapback]2044184[/snapback]

^^^ i think she is a prety looking girl ... all she needs is a bath ....

I agree that overall she has good features. She could be a dark-skinned hottie if we fixed her up. icon_wink.gif

Great pics, ndnboi---That just shows that you can find these traits all over South Asia.
Najjiah
this kid is adorable & pretty. i actually knew a a parsi girl that looked like her. she was SO beautiful.

IPB Image

swathi
Some South Indians have naturally light eyes too. Even very dark South Indians can have light eyes (like my friend).

My dad's very dark and he has light brown eyes. U have to look closely to notice though. My dad's face is very dark byt his body i mean hands and feet are white. My dad told me that he used to work in the fields as a kid and hence.

This is shashi tharror from kerala:
IPB Image
Jagger
QUOTE(ndnboi @ Jul 13 2006, 01:19 AM) [snapback]2044614[/snapback]

Kashmiri girls
IPB Image

Boy from Madras
IPB Image

I know some Kashmiris have blonde hair... but I didn't know some kids in Madras have it too.

QUOTE(ndnboi @ Jul 13 2006, 01:01 AM) [snapback]2044585[/snapback]

A boy from Tamil Nadu
IPB Image

Those are the coolest eyes I've ever seen! biggthumpup.gif They're even bluer than Nordic eyes! I wonder how he'll look like when he grows up?

A girl from Nepal
IPB Image

She sort of looks like Kristin Kreuk (a Dutch-Chinese Canadian actress).
gomeny
They look pashtun to me
Jagger
Which ones?
YoungOne
QUOTE(ndnboi @ Jul 13 2006, 02:19 AM) [snapback]2044614[/snapback]

IPB Image

they're cute icon_redface.gif
Najjiah
i knew this guju girl w/ real light eyes once. kind of like a pale green. she was so beautiful.
jatt_with_gutts
QUOTE(Najjiah @ Jul 25 2006, 12:16 PM) [snapback]2088715[/snapback]

i knew this guju girl w/ real light eyes once. kind of like a pale green. she was so beautiful.

well in our villages if someone is dark they give him name kala...if someone is light they give him short name gora...if someone is light eyed ..they gave him short name billa...if someone have light hair n beard they call him burah...lollllllll

those two guys look punjabis( i m 100% sure) so at least one of them must be called billa...like this friend of mine ....i once asked him ..y u have a name of an animal...he laughed n said because of light eyes
gomeny
I don't trust Indians with light eyes. My mom has green eyes by the way
FrenchVanillaNYC
^What do you mean you don't trust them? embarassedlaugh.gif
gomeny
QUOTE(FrenchVanillaNYC @ Jul 27 2006, 11:05 AM) [snapback]2096917[/snapback]

^What do you mean you don't trust them? embarassedlaugh.gif

They feel they're superior than us browned eye people.
FrenchVanillaNYC
I don't feel superior to brown eyed people. icon_neutral.gif
gomeny
QUOTE(FrenchVanillaNYC @ Jul 27 2006, 11:51 AM) [snapback]2097044[/snapback]

I don't feel superior to brown eyed people. icon_neutral.gif

Not even secretly. icon_wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.