Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: "Chocolate" cellphone
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > AF Entertainment > Technology Chat > Cell Phone Chat
cherry_tree
IPB Image

Did anyone buy this one yet?
I need a cellphone and I'm thinking of getting this one since it has a MP3 player included as well and it's cute. lol. It's rather expensive though and it's pretty new so I don't know if I should wait a while till the price goes down.
Jez_C
I've seen a similar conversation elsewhere about the LG Chocolate.

Anyway, I haven't got this phone. I have the Samsung D900. Apparantely the Chocolate is a really nice phone and the buttons are touch sensitive. The camera that's built in is not the best from what I've heard.

I like my Samsung D900. I'm obviously going to be slightly biased, but I cannot fault this phone. It's a smaller and sleeker version of the Chocolate with a better camera.

Here's a pic :

IPB Image
router1
chocolate sucks, yo....its not expensive, if having a job....the L.G chocolate has problems..
mndeg
overrated.
tchan_4
its big, D900 look better.. as sed
k3n5i
the interface looks so bare
buttons dont look nice T_T
stillarook
Buttons are hard to control at first. Then camera isnt' the best , but it's not the worst either. The mp3 doesn't look THAT impressive, since it uses a really small kind of memory card.
tchan_4
BYE BYE BLACK CHOCOLATE.
HELLO WHITE/PINK CHOCOLATE?

IPB Image

QUOTE(stillarook @ Sep 22 2006, 01:18 AM) [snapback]2318138[/snapback]

The mp3 doesn't look THAT impressive, since it uses a really small kind of memory card.

how does that make sense? mp3 doesnt look THAT immpressive?!?

Also, wot makes u think the size of memory card affects the quality of the music Talktohand.gif It uses a SD/MiniSD card, most multimedia devices use this format of card, Digi Cams, Cell Phones etc. Samsung uses trans flash, smaller than a mini SD but that doesnt mean loss of quality. sure.gif

Factors that affects the sound quality are:

- quality of inside components of phone
- quality of mem. card (NOT! size of mem. card)
- quality of of loudspeaker/earphones
stillarook
I mean, doesn't seem very impressive. It uses a really small memory card that's even smaller than mini SD, and it can get lost REALLY easy.
tchan_4
it USES a miniSD/microSD sure.gif
only thing other than that is a transflash with an adapter

Do u critisised EVRY phone for having a miniSD slot Talktohand.gif
stillarook
Goddamn, it's SMALL,alright?! It's smaller than the usual, I've seen it!
tchan_4
OMFG!! A MINI SD CARD IS WOT IT USES!!!! IT SAYS IT ALL OVER THE WEB! U GODAM NOOB! WOT PART DO U NOT UNDERSTAND!!

if ur so sure, its not a Mini/Micro SD card or Transflash wif an adapter, then wot is it?? heh?

STOP SAYING IT USES A SMALLER MEM. CARD!. YOU cant even name the type of card it uses. all u saying is, 'it uses a SMALLER card' WHAT CARD?

and wots even more absurd,
UR CRITISISING THE PHONE FOR USING A SMALL MEM. CARD u cant even name!! HOW STUPID!!!

do u knw how many electronic devices uses Mini SD / TF
Woo
To be quite frank, i think it looks like a nice phone.

I was about to buy one as well, but when i asked the salesman about the quality of the phone, he said it was, "not reliable" and "not as good as the samsung and motorola models". Thats what i was told, but i guess u can only know from using it yourself. I ended up getting a samsung slider phone at the end.
Sabretooth
Takashi
My friend has one. I was calling on it, my ear touched the touch sensitive buttons and the call ended...........talk about useless.
VietSk8rGUI
^friend huh? is it your BOOOOYfriend? naughty.gif

anyways microSD is pretty sweeet. so cool how 4gb can fit on that O_O
Najjiah
oh hellz yeah. imma get da hot pink one. ^_^

im fully getting one in indonesia this summer. dirt cheap prolly. the unlocked ones r like almost $400 on ebay. what a rip-off! thumbsdown.gif

but yeah i cant wait to get the pink one. it'll be fierce!

IPB Image

VietSk8rGUI
QUOTE(Tissue Box @ Mar 24 2007, 03:56 AM) [snapback]2811992[/snapback]

no "BOOOOYfriend" lol.

where the hell does the microSD even go?? so $hit how it didn't come with a data transfer cord OR a headset... u have to go out and buy them separately sure.gif

and i'm a total newbie... how do u use bluetooth? do u need to buy a plugin for ur computer to be able to get stuff from ur computer onto the phone??

o ok icon_redface.gif

the slot should be somewhere on the side. lol new phones now do not got those anymore i dont think. bluetooth all the way!! all you need to get is a bluetooth dongle for your computer so you can connect it to your phone.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....;ATT=Networking
VietSk8rGUI
np kiss.gif
finallytomorrow
QUOTE(Najjiah @ Mar 24 2007, 10:27 AM) [snapback]2812386[/snapback]

oh hellz yeah. imma get da hot pink one. ^_^

im fully getting one in indonesia this summer. dirt cheap prolly. the unlocked ones r like almost $400 on ebay. what a rip-off! thumbsdown.gif

but yeah i cant wait to get the pink one. it'll be fierce!

IPB Image

I noticed some products in other countries cost more or equal to the US price. I went to China last summer hoping everything will be dirt cheap but in the end the only thing thats cheap is the food, pirated stuff, and the no name products. The cell phones cost a lot in China too, I'm still asking myself how can people afford these stuff.

I havent been to Indonesia so I cant really say anything, lets hope the Chocolate is cheap there so you can buy me one too =D.
DF78
Anyone here knows on how much is the average price for a 1GB memory card for this phone?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.