Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Long Beach
Asia Finest Discussion Forum > AF Entertainment > Local Area Asian Chat > United States > California Chat
Pages: 1, 2
TyCooN
How does it work down there? Do all other asian ethnicities just roll with Khmers?
Mizz_Luv3r
Never been. Heard it's dangerous though.
SoCal
QUOTE(Mizz_Luv3r @ Nov 17 2006, 10:11 PM) [snapback]2492013[/snapback]

Haha, Long Beach is dangerous. embarassedlaugh.gif

That's funny.
Goombaking209
^ it's dangerous, but many ppl who are from long beach has this sense of belonging and long to return for some reason
SofaKingAwesome
hows the viet/khmer relationship down there?
SoCal
QUOTE(SofaKingAwesome @ Nov 18 2006, 01:05 AM) [snapback]2492246[/snapback]

hows the viet/khmer relationship down there?

It's normal. Nothing much is going on. icon_smile.gif
Road2Nowhere
Long Beach is very dangerous. Theres a race war goin on between Asians and Mexicans there ever since the late 1980's. Alot of Asians have been killed since then. The Blacks and the Samoans are alligned with the Asians so at least we have some help. My family moved outta Long Beach back in 1988, just before the whole race war touched off, although all my mom and dads relatives still live in LB. I only go back down for funerals icon_neutral.gif. If you were not raised in LB you wont know how to survive. Big ups to all the Asians that keep it poppin by blasting. Stay up.
TyCooN
QUOTE(Road2Nowhere @ Nov 18 2006, 08:45 AM) [snapback]2492707[/snapback]

Long Beach is very dangerous. Theres a race war goin on between Asians and Mexicans there ever since the late 1980's. Alot of Asians have been killed since then. The Blacks and the Samoans are alligned with the Asians so at least we have some help. My family moved outta Long Beach back in 1988, just before the whole race war touched off, although all my mom and dads relatives still live in LB. I only go back down for funerals icon_neutral.gif. If you were not raised in LB you wont know how to survive. Big ups to all the Asians that keep it poppin by blasting. Stay up.

ABZ and TRG beef with eacother too icon_confused.gif
KiD FrM Tha 626
QUOTE(TyCooN @ Nov 18 2006, 08:44 PM) [snapback]2494187[/snapback]

ABZ and TRG beef with eacother too icon_confused.gif

yea i noe, they grn light.... i got no beef w/ any of them.... i got hit by some Longos when i was kiccin it w/ one of my homies frm ABZ.... not just ABZ and TRG, it could b w/ other gangs such as STS, SOS, etc.
TyCooN
QUOTE(KiD FrM Tha 626 @ Nov 19 2006, 10:44 AM) [snapback]2495496[/snapback]

yea i noe, they grn light.... i got no beef w/ any of them.... i got hit by some Longos when i was kiccin it w/ one of my homies frm ABZ.... not just ABZ and TRG, it could b w/ other gangs such as STS, SOS, etc.

so you a click off of CBC? icon_confused.gif
KiD FrM Tha 626
nah, iam not an crazy azn frm LBC, if i were in CBC... there would b a 323 in my user name embarassedlaugh.gif .... u asked me if i was frm CBC b4, i said no icon_neutral.gif

CBC is neutral... they beef w/ any1 but TRG mostly
Azn_Prince
Mexicans in Long Beach are beefing with everybody. The Mexicans are beefing with the Asians, Pacific Islanders (Samoans and Tongans mostly in Long Beach) and Blacks. Actually come to think of it, Mexican gangstaz are beefing with everybody all over Southern Cali. Their like the Mexican KKK who hates everybody while the Asians, Pacific Islanders and Blacks all get along.
KiD FrM Tha 626
QUOTE(Azn_Prince @ Nov 19 2006, 10:59 PM) [snapback]2497718[/snapback]

Mexicans in Long Beach are beefing with everybody. The Mexicans are beefing with the Asians, Pacific Islanders (Samoans and Tongans mostly in Long Beach) and Blacks. Actually come to think of it, Mexican gangstaz are beefing with everybody all over Southern Cali. Their like the Mexican KKK who hates everybody while the Asians, Pacific Islanders and Blacks all get along.

lol yea i noe, some mexicans gets along w/ white ppl tho.... down in the LB, azns beef w/ every1 too
Metropolitan
QUOTE(Azn_Prince @ Nov 20 2006, 01:59 AM) [snapback]2497718[/snapback]

You might want to retract that.
rodolru
QUOTE(Road2Nowhere @ Nov 18 2006, 11:45 AM) [snapback]2492707[/snapback]

i have family in long beach, it's not that dangerous. it's just highly glamorized by hollywood as well as snoop dogg but it's no where near the other rough neighborhoods of california. east oakland alone had over 150 homicides last year and they're about to to beat that record this year. now that's dangerous.
_____
if you aint from long beach dont talk about it or assume things...people day its dangerous some people say its not,same areas are nice some are hella ghetto, people from long beach keep it to themselves, only the people that was born and raised there know wassup
NuShooz
The eastside is ghetto. Them Mexicans are always causing trouble there.
ABC in NYC
QUOTE(NuShooz @ Jan 16 2007, 03:49 PM) [snapback]2656767[/snapback]

The eastside is ghetto. Them Mexicans are always causing trouble there.

Damn ... those Mexicans....we gotta close that border.

In NYC...they work the kitchens and do all the dirty work no one else wants to do.
NuShooz
Its crazy in Long Beach.

Them Longos got scared, because the Asians were killing so many of their people. They ran to the mexican mafia for help, in which they put a green light on us. Green light meaning kill all Asians on site.

So we green light them right back. They wanted a war, and we gave them a war. We were greatly outnumbered, yet we still managed to overcome. They killed alot of us. And we killed alot of them. Long Beach city council and police, did everything in their power to stop the killings between Asians and Mexicans. They called in shot callers from both sides to meet at a park to call a truce, that didnt work. They put in gang injunctions. That didnt work.

That was back in the 90's. The hayday of the race war was 1990-1995. Over 30 people were murdered. After 1995, there were still murders but not on the scale of the early 90's. Most of the people that do the dirty work are the Asian gang members, Alot of Asians have moved out of Long Beach since then, but theres an endless supply of Mexicans moving into Long Beach. its 2007, and we're 10x even more outnumbered in 2007 than we were in the 90's. A good number have stayed. The Asians that stayed either grew up to go to college, or stayed in the neighborhood to bang. Today, the Asians and Mexicans still kill each other on and off.

Which side is right and which side is wrong? Coming from the Asians sides persepctive, the Mexicans wouldnt stop messing with, and harassing the Asians, so we formed gangs to protect ourselves against them. We fought back, and they declared war on us. *shrugs*

There still is bitter hatred between Asians and Mexicans there, always has and always will be.
LBCfinest
all asian roll who they wanna roll, not just becuz khmer has the highest population in long beach..for khmer, i seen they roll with anyone.

QUOTE(KiD FrM Tha 626 @ Nov 19 2006, 01:44 PM) [snapback]2495496[/snapback]

STS and SOS they been on the low low??..I know STS is a filipino gang and SOS is a somoan gang, i barely hear them..most of the well known asian gang i know in LB are ABZ, TRG, and CBC...EFCC and ST i barely hear them in the city.
P. Bredahl
Snoop Dogg and Mack 10 hang out at LBC icon_neutral.gif
"from block to block everybodies bad, and you don't know where you're at you better tug in your rag"
Burningknuckle
i heard the mexicans fu-king hate blacks round there.

embarassedlaugh.gif i heard they hate on everyone.

blacks hate on them mexicans too and they even join forces with asian gangs.
F R E E A G E N T
Sup yo,2 Cambodians were shot to death in the NorthSide like two nights ago,its in the presstelegram,and lbreport.com.I think there was another double homicide couple weeks ago...2 rtc females were shot to death at downtown.
Azn_Prince
QUOTE(Burningknuckle @ Jan 22 2007, 02:44 PM) [snapback]2672226[/snapback]

i heard the mexicans fu-king hate blacks round there.

embarassedlaugh.gif i heard they hate on everyone.

blacks hate on them mexicans too and they even join forces with asian gangs.

Everybody hates the Mexicans in Long Beach. I seen a lot of News reports on TV that the Asians, Pacific Islanders and Blacks team up against the Mexicans. Big @$$ rumble in High Schools.

QUOTE(LBCfinest @ Jan 22 2007, 09:32 AM) [snapback]2671535[/snapback]

all asian roll who they wanna roll, not just becuz khmer has the highest population in long beach..for khmer, i seen they roll with anyone.
STS and SOS they been on the low low??..I know STS is a filipino gang and SOS is a somoan gang, i barely hear them..most of the well known asian gang i know in LB are ABZ, TRG, and CBC...EFCC and ST i barely hear them in the city.

Is Tonga Crips still around?
Full_Speed_Ahead
damn
thatsjustsick
Southsiders can go to hell. They are born roaches and will never amount to anything. But asians are different. We can move up. I work with a guy out in long beach who owns his own shop, and is ballin it. Every now and then, I can see his asian boys tat, so I know he use to throw it up. But how many longo's you know that come out and make something of themselves. None, that's why they'll forever be roaches. Die roaches Die!
protocl
QUOTE(Mizz_Luv3r @ Nov 18 2006, 04:11 PM) [snapback]2492013[/snapback]

very dangerous...

lb is sectioned off, like mexicans and whites use this side, blacks and asians use the other...ive met many trg, abz dudes while working, they always ask me if im in a gang while im working...but yea, lb is ghetto, downtown lb is nice, pier and all..
KiD FrM Tha 626
QUOTE(LBCfinest @ Jan 22 2007, 09:32 AM) [snapback]2671535[/snapback]

ST and ABZ got some beef w/ each same w/ EFCC.... thats wat i heard frm a homie down in LB....
LBCfinest
QUOTE(KiD FrM Tha 626 @ Mar 2 2007, 12:23 AM) [snapback]2760659[/snapback]

ST and ABZ got some beef w/ each same w/ EFCC.... thats wat i heard frm a homie down in LB....

they do?..haha..and those gangs are crips beefing each other...i never liked cKrabz..when i was at green mango with the homie after from a wedding those asian boyz came and hit up my homie and thought they were from TRG..lames foo's and none of my homie don't even bang.
YoungEagle
QUOTE(LBCfinest @ Mar 2 2007, 08:24 PM) [snapback]2763065[/snapback]

they do?..haha..and those gangs are crips beefing each other...i never liked cKrabz..when i was at green mango with the homie after from a wedding those asian boyz came and hit up my homie and thought they were from TRG..lames foo's and none of my homie don't even bang.

Heard ABZ don't claim crip anymore just true flag except for Van Nuys ABZ.
KiD FrM Tha 626
@LBCfinest
they havent been good ties.... startin fights w/ each other (ST, EFCC, ABZ), u noe wat i mean?

@YoungEagle
nah, the Ace still claim crip....
LBCfinest
QUOTE(KiD FrM Tha 626 @ Mar 3 2007, 06:00 PM) [snapback]2764557[/snapback]

@LBCfinest
they havent been good ties.... startin fights w/ each other (ST, EFCC, ABZ), u noe wat i mean?

@YoungEagle
nah, the Ace still claim crip....

i know wat u mean, they were good ties back in the ole days..but till now i didn't know they starting to beef each other since they're blue rags..is just that is funny..haha..ckrabz are going at each other, i remember back in the 90's TRG and CBC use to be click and going against ABZ EFCC ST, i heard it was big rumble at the park 7..u heard about that stories rite?...now is just EBK everybody killa.

QUOTE(YoungEagle @ Mar 3 2007, 12:03 AM) [snapback]2763145[/snapback]

true flag?....what color is that?..i never heard of true flag..lolz..i seen some couple abz in LB they still claim blue rag..i even seen them on myspace..lolz
KiD FrM Tha 626
QUOTE(YoungEagle @ Mar 2 2007, 09:03 PM) [snapback]2763145[/snapback]

true flag? wat u mean?
Azn_Prince
QUOTE(YoungEagle @ Mar 2 2007, 09:03 PM) [snapback]2763145[/snapback]

What the hell are you talking about?
LBCfinest
QUOTE(Azn_Prince @ Jan 22 2007, 08:57 PM) [snapback]2672672[/snapback]

Everybody hates the Mexicans in Long Beach. I seen a lot of News reports on TV that the Asians, Pacific Islanders and Blacks team up against the Mexicans. Big @$$ rumble in High Schools.
Is Tonga Crips still around?

.Tonag crips still around?..i dunno.
KiD FrM Tha 626
i think Tonga Crips layin low, idk
mikekk86
Well this is a side of LB I did not know about.
Rickdaddy
QUOTE(mikekk86 @ Jul 13 2007, 04:25 PM) [snapback]3058306[/snapback]

welcome to the real world.
darksinister
Yeah I have some homies up in the LBC. They come down to chill sometimes and I head up there to chill with em. They'd tell me all these stories...sounds a lot worse then Westminster.
GentleWind
Any of u in a gang because u talk like you are
UnregisteredUser
QUOTE(rodolru @ Dec 2 2006, 07:09 PM) [snapback]2536677[/snapback]
i have family in long beach, it's not that dangerous. it's just highly glamorized by hollywood as well as snoop dogg but it's no where near the other rough neighborhoods of california. east oakland alone had over 150 homicides last year and they're about to to beat that record this year. now that's dangerous.

Now that is very clearly a big fat lie. How the hell can East Oakland have over 150 homicides in 2005 when the entirety of Oakland only had 93 homicides in 2005? In 2006, Oakland had 145 homicides so it's still impossible that East Oakland would have even more than 150 in 2006. And you know what? Not the entirety of East Oakland is ghetto. I have close family (cousins and uncles) living in East Oakland, San Antonio area to be exact, for over 10 years already, and there are alot of Asians (Chinese, Vietnamese, and Laotian mostly) living there. Yea, it's definitely not the best and safest place to live in the world but it ain't exactly ghetto either. I remember back in 2005, three dudes (two black, one mexican) with guns robbed my cousin's house and stole a computer and some jewelry but they didn't pop anything. But other than that incident, my close family's neighborhood is quite safe. Directly across the street, there's an apartment complex full of blacks but they haven't caused any trouble lately. $hit, I go to my cousin's house like every freaking week this summer. Don't even try to pretend to claim entire cities in the Bay Area as ghetto just cuz you love hyphy and be ridin on Keak Da Sneak's c@ck when you probably never even been to the real ghettos of the Bay Area. With the exception of small "cities" like Camden (NJ), Richmond (CA), Compton, etc. which have populations of around only 100,000 or less, most cities in the US have good neighborhoods and bad neighborhoods. Last I checked, Oakland has around 400,000 people.

The truth is, the ghetto parts of Oakland are West Oakland and Deep East Oakland, that is, the part of East Oakland bordering San Leandro, from High St. to San Leandro. Probably about half of the homicides for Oakland are concentrated in those two areas in particular, but also evenly distributed between the two.

Likewise, claiming "Frisco" (it's SF or The City, and I ain't no "Frisconian"; "Frisco" - further proof that you ain't from SF) to be ghetto is also likewise retarded. Districts like the Taraval (Sunset, Parkside, Ocean View, Ocean Beach areas) have low homicide rates, about 1-5 persons per 100,000 people. On the other hand, about 1/4 of the homicides in SF occurs in the Bayview district and the Bayview has the highest homicide rate out of all the 10 districts of the SFPD, a homicide rate as high as Richmond, CA when you average it out over the past 4 years from 2002-2005 (about 34 murders per 100,000 people). Yea, it ain't "The Fillmoe" like San Quinn and Messy Marv would make you believe. You act like all of "Frisco" is like the Bayview, which is just plain stupid. The fact is, large parts of SF are NOT violent ghettos, and only in several blocks of the Fillmore (mostly the projects), Hayes Valley, the Sunnydale and Alemany projects, Upper Haight Street Corridor, several blocks and intersections (16th/Mission, 24th/Mission, Lower 22nd, 17th street/Shotwell) in the Mission do you have to worry about violent crime. In the Oceanview Merced area in 2004, there were severable notable homicides but the place isn't really a ghetto at all and that was, interestingly, exclusive only to 2004. But they're relatively easy to avoid and get out of if you do end up in these areas. Lots of people in SF usually don't have to worry about being a violent crime statistic unless you walk through these tiny intersections/corridors/blocks and start acting all hard like rodolru is; the exception to this rule would be the Bayview (Third Street Corridor, Potrero Hill, San Bruno Ave./Silver Ave., and the various projects [Oakdale, West Brooks, Allice Griffith, Hunters View, etc.] all did their work to contribute to the homicides in the Bayview district). At the same time it's stupid and naive to think that all of SF has low homicide rates like in Pacific Heights, Diamond Heights, or the Taraval and Richmond districts, it's also stupid to claim that all of SF is as ghetto as the Bayview area.

Now back to the Long Beach topic, man rodolru, you're pretty much $hitting on yourself. Long Beach "no where near the other rough neighborhoods of california"? Are you even freaking making a fair comparison? Long Beach has even more people than Oakland, LBC at 479,729 as of 2005. Again, for cities with a population well over 100,000, there tends to be tons of good neighborhoods while at the same time there are only a few bad neighborhoods. Combining the homicide rates for both good and bad neighborhoods usually gives you a medium to low homicide rate for that particular city. Thus, the homicide rates for big cities (cities well over 100,000) are almost always useless. There are only a few big cities that are the exception to this rule, like Detroit, Baltimore, St. Louis, and Washington D.C. where homicides are evenly distributed among the various neighborhoods while there is only like 1 or 2 neighborhoods with low homicides.

Most likely, not every neighborhood in LBC is like Belmont Shores, Naples, or Bixby Knolls, etc. To be honest, I wasn't able to check and calculate the homicide rate for the various Long Beach neighborhoods, but I'm willing to bet that Long Beach is filled with tons of neighborhoods with very low homicide rates while there is only like 1 or 2 neighborhoods with high homicide rates. Probably North Long Beach and parts of "the Eastside"/Central LBC as well. Very probable for the case of North Long Beach, particularly the northwestern part, for THE COMBINATION of these several reasons:

1. The public housing project that the Brick Blocc Mafia Crips occupy happens to be in North Long Beach and is the 2nd most poverty-stricken place in all of Los Angeles County, with 88.2 % of all the people there living at the official poverty level x 1.5 (a less conservative, more realistic approach at getting a sense of poverty levels).

2. North Long Beach, particularly the northwest, is right next to the South Central LA ghettos, Compton, in particular, to its northwest.

3. Just like its neighbor Compton and pretty much the entirety of South Central LA, North Long Beach is being overflooded by Hispanics. As a result, racial killings conducted by both Black and Hispanic gangs against each other as well as against non-gangsters of the opposite race have been happening in South Central LA more frequently than ever. Besides the usual black-on-black violence (Crips vs. Crips - there's no Bloods in Long Beach) and the occasional black vs. ese's, we now potentially have an escalated ese's vs. Asians/Cambodians conflict that had started since the 1980's, the Tiny Raskal Gangstas sets and, more recently, the Asian Boyz Crips sets in particular. There's also the Samoan and Tongan gangs. I don't know how they fit in these gang and racial conflicts but I know they exist. They probably bang Crips as well.

As for "the Eastside", I don't know just how bad the homicide rate is over there right now since I can't seem to be able to find enough official data to let me calculate it. But from what I've read about the late 80's and 90's, there were tons of gangs over here and most of the gangs of Long Beach originate from here, including the Rollin' 20's Crips that Snoop Doggy Dogg used to gangbang for, the Insane Crips who are the enemies of the Rollin' 20's, the Eastside Longos who are the enemies of TRG/Tiny Raskal Gangstas and, finally, TRG themselves. I don't know exactly where Asian Boyz first started since their formation was more recent. This is where Snoop Dogg, his cousin Nate Dogg, Warren G. and the rest of them rappers that claim Eastside LBC came from.

Oh, btw "the Eastside" isn't the real Eastside of Long Beach, ie it's not really the eastern portion of Long Beach. It's only called "Eastside" because it's directly east of the Los Angeles River. Probably it's a hood name or something that the gangs all commonly used. "The Eastside" is actually Central Long Beach.

You also got it wrong by claiming that Snoop popularized Long Beach. He almost always says Eastside LBC. He usually doesn't rep for all of the LBC, but just his Eastside hood. Unlike you who tries to claim all of "Frisco" and Oakland to be ghetto as hell. $hit, if I was as ignorant and full of bull$hit as you, I would've responded by saying something like "i have family in frisco, it's not that dangerous. it's just highly glamorized by frank sinatra as well as san quinn and messy marv but it's no where near the other rough neighborhoods of california. eastside LBC alone had over 150 homicides last year and they're about to to beat that record this year. now that's dangerous"
LBCfinest
QUOTE(mikekk86 @ Jul 13 2007, 06:25 PM) [snapback]3058306[/snapback]

long beach city is one of the biggest cities in Cali, so it break it down into side, u got the north side, west side and the east side..
MommyStatus
i grew up in LB...you choose the way you live..and NO, LB is not dangerous... if you surround yourself with such people then yes your life will be in danger...i mean we cant stop the inevitable but we can choose where and how we live...people just need to realize that theres consequences in every action we part take in....i mean people die all the time, theres gangs and violence everywhere you cant assume one place is dangerous just because of stories you hear..
babyshanker
oakland and sf is not too bad. but i wouldent be in the deep east oakland or richmond at night u dig?
Mr2Turbo909
QUOTE(MommyStatus @ Sep 3 2007, 02:54 AM) [snapback]3183884[/snapback]
i grew up in LB...you choose the way you live..and NO, LB is not dangerous... if you surround yourself with such people then yes your life will be in danger...i mean we cant stop the inevitable but we can choose where and how we live...people just need to realize that theres consequences in every action we part take in....i mean people die all the time, theres gangs and violence everywhere you cant assume one place is dangerous just because of stories you hear..

Your're a girl. They dont mess with the females in Long Beach. As for Southeast Asian males, they dont care if you bang or not, they wont hesitate to blast on you. I know many innocent young SE Asian men whom never surrounded themselves around such people, yet they were still targeted and murdered.
GreyShades
Dont be so quick to jump on black d!ck in Long Beach either. The blacks hate the Asians here in Long Beach just as much as the mexicans do. When the Southeast Asians first arrived in Long Beach in the early 80's it was the blacks and the mexicans whom were beating and jumping the living $hit outta young Cambodians, Viets and Laotians in Long Beach, because they didnt like these people invading their neighborhoods. Ive heard many many stories about newley arrived young Asians catching a beatdown while walking to school, or just standing at the bus stop. Its funny, how black people b!tch and complain that they cant move into nice white neighborhoods without discrimnation, but yet, when Asians or Mexican immigrants move into theior neighborhoods, they beat the $hit outta them, and try to drive them out.

The worlds biggest hypocrits I swear.
boost
cant label those ghetto blacks to all blacks
Graham_Cracker07
What about Filipinos in Long Beach? I looked it up and in 2000, they made up 4.03% of the population. The largest Asian population after "Other Asians" at 4.82% But i never hear about Filipinos living there. They must keep a low profile.
GreyShades
Puhleaze

filipinos are punks pussies and caucasian wannabes . They dont do $hit in Long Beach. The only things filipinos are known for are their large number of homosexuals, and their online $hit talking to other Asians. My goodness do these people love talking $hit online to other Asians. But when it comes to other races dissing filipinos they dont post $hit. Ive been to mexican and brazillian forums, and there were also a good number of filipino posters on there, and on the brazillan forum one user made a thread about how filipinos were spaniard wannabes and were ugly flat nosed people, and the filipino users on there didnt post $hit to retaliate. If we did that here, the filipinos would be all up on us like white on rice. In high school when it was time for the Asians to go to war with the blacks or the mexicans, the filipinos said "we're not Asian we're pacific islanders" They straight denounced being Asian when it was time to go to war. A race of punks i swear.

And please dont say im just mad cuz i got dumped by a filipino or i got beat up by one.
Graham_Cracker07
^It might have had to do w/ the fact that those Filipinos were on a Brazillian forum. So of course they were some wannabe Latinos. But have you ever look on the Filipino forum here? Most ppl don't want anything to do w/ the Spanish. Same goes for Filipinos I know in real life. I even went to the Philippines and asked my relatives about it. They didn't talk about it, like they were ashamed. So don't judge Filipinos based on the ones you see on some internet forum.

And another thing, most ppl in the Philippines don't know wtf a Pacific Islander is. And what's the difference b/t a white washed Filipino and some black washed Khmer, Lao, etc. Nothing. It's how they grew up. Most Filipino Americans grew up in middle class neighborhoods anyways.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2014 Invision Power Services, Inc.