I will never get satisfied with government!!!
First they still didn't improve the public transportation which in bad condition....second...education system...see what has happened to UPSR, PMR, SPM and even STPM papers....all got leaked!!!
And also how about 128 students who were denied the entry medicine course to public university?
I think they should categorised the entry of students between matriculation and STPM...according to my fren who are a matric student she said that it's a lot easier than STPM which is VERY hard as it's the one of the most difficult test in the world
In conclusion...i think government is quite unfair...
But dun u think that entry to public university should be categorised?
I'm myself also a sixth former and I know the difficulty.
If I'm not mistaken the matriculation course consist only 3 subs whereas STPM 4 subs where the other extra sub is Pengajian Am paper. Still the point system is the same for both of them.
I think it's not fair for us since we study until buring the midnite oil...and yet we get nothing.
no offence again...
None taken .... so let me address one by one, shall we ....
- Public transportation .... its improving, albeit slowly ... can always blamed Samy Vellu
- Thats why the Education Dept. have many spare test papers. Paper 1 got leaked, we got paper 1A, 1B, 1C ... It woulda be bloody stupid if we prepare only 1 set of exam paper. Besides, leaked papers are very rare occurrences ....
- However said that Matric is alot easier that STPM. Dearie, Matric students have to study STPM subjects in record time of less than 10 months, while Form 6 students have practically 20 months (nearly 2 years)! Ever wonder why Govt. don't want or reluctant to release numbers of Matric dropouts? Because alotta (aka MANY) Matric students failed & gotta kicked out after 1st semester. Its bloody tough (I know la, because I'm in education industry, & once a Matric student). The FACT that these students got to compete for best places in public univ. showed how bitter the competition. You got to study, study, study, study for endless hours like mad. If you got 3.5 CGPA, it ain't guarantee you can enroll to Medic cause alotta students nowadays are getting 3.9 & 4.0, & chances are slim. If your result is CGPA 2.5 & below, prepared to be shipped out to Social Arts studies, unpopular courses or even univ. you wished you'd never step your way into, baby.
Trust me. Go for STPM, because with STPM result we can find job, but Matric result is worthless in employment world.
- Baby, whoever said in that everything is fair ... we lived in unfair world.
- Better to have 2 systems, STPM & Matric. As enrollment into public univ. nowadays is basically based on merit & currently opened 50/50 chances for students from both systems, be thankful mate. Matric students gotta sloughed on 6 subjects (depending whether they're from Physics Science Matric / Bio Science Matric / Accountancy Matric) which is based on STPM for less than 10 months, & many didn't make it to last round. Matric students studied until the lamp went bust, yet they ain't complaining (well, most do).
FYI, Matric is specifically design to increase a no. of Bumi students to fill in critical courses such as Engineering & Medical Sciences. Thats why only cream of the crop, or the BEST among the best of Bumiputra SPM holders (especially Science stream) are chosen to enroll. But, with times, as intakes increase, some less brilliant students get admitted too, & they wasted their time for others that might deserved it.
However, with Matric stringent attitude in kicking out the failures especially in Sem. 1 is lauded. As for non-Bumis, Govt. has given chances by giving 10% quotas in Matric to brilliant non-Bumi students. Be grateful, be thankful.